Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

Is it too detailed or small? Did they pick some web 2.0 gradient monstrosity with reflections and poo poo?

It's a color that doesn't translate at all for some reason, its purple on the monitor and the hex code is purple but it prints out blue like deep ocean blue. The director insists on it being purple by the by

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

It's a color that doesn't translate at all for some reason, its purple on the monitor and the hex code is purple but it prints out blue like deep ocean blue.

It's better
down where it's wetter
under the sea...

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
My CFO has now coined the team "culturally fit" as his term for "not fat" and the recruiter now hate his guts. Its not even clever.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

CFO sounds like he's a workplace discrimination case away from the breadline...

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Vargatron posted:

Yeah he is gonna get the pants sued off him at some point.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

LionYeti posted:

It's a color that doesn't translate at all for some reason, its purple on the monitor and the hex code is purple but it prints out blue like deep ocean blue. The director insists on it being purple by the by

Can you change it to another shade of purple for printing? How many color printers have you tried this on?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Vargatron posted:

Can you change it to another shade of purple for printing? How many color printers have you tried this on?

We're gonna work with the logo people on the shade but we use one kind of major printer in the office and at fedex office it prints mostly fine.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The images you use for printing should all be CMYK anyway, where you would have full control of how thing print and can go as far as only working in pantone colours. You're probably sending RGB to a printer and it's having to figure out what that's meant to be.

Your branding people should really be all over this

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

LionYeti posted:

The new logo that we spent megabux on commissioning does not print properly on any printer in the building.

This is affecting reproduction!

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

LionYeti posted:

try using a jpeg

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Just insist that its really purple and that your director is color blind.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Bob Morales posted:

try using a jpeg

We did same issue

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Just switch to purple paper

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Redesign your logo monochrome and have it printed in the only color that matters: the dark red of your enemy’s life blood as it spills upon the battlefield.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Methanar posted:

Just insist that its really purple and that your director is color blind.

If users are always the root of the problem,
maybe just this once they can be the solution instead.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

LionYeti posted:

You can't fax glitter.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

bull3964 posted:

You can't fax glitter.

but you should definitely try

that fax machine will become everyone's friend immediately

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LionYeti posted:

This doesn't at all seem like the type of thing you should need to steel yourself to tell people.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

The images you use for printing should all be CMYK anyway, where you would have full control of how thing print and can go as far as only working in pantone colours. You're probably sending RGB to a printer and it's having to figure out what that's meant to be.

Your branding people should really be all over this

Turns out its almost certainly this, Thanks for the help I got a good job from my Senior VP when I gave him the data

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Tell business you need funds to upgrade all printers to be compatible with purple. Buy ultrawides for your department instead.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

After having started doing some Docker tutorials during lunch: HOLY poo poo WE’RE IN THE SCI-FI FUTURE. NOW WE JUST SEE IF A KUBERNETES IMPLEMENTATION BECOMES SKYNET!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Atlassian discontinues HipChat/Stride, sells assets to Slack:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ialflow-organic

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Vargatron posted:

Outside of a few edge cases(MI, San Francisco, and a few other cities, or if it is the direct result of a certain health problems) being overweight is not a protected status in the US, or most of the rest of the world. It is also a grey area to direct recruiters to spend more of their time trying to hire people of a protected status as long as there is no discrimination between those that apply. It is unlikely that they would investigate unless someone was fired because their weight was the result of an ADA or ADA AA recognized disability. Even if the EEOC acts on reports it is unlikely that the CFO would be fired, the penalties are relatively minor for this type of discrimination, and more likely they would just have to implement an anti-harassment policy. Look at what happened with Victoria Hospital in TX, they were already being investigated for racial discrimination and enacted a policy not to hire high BMI individuals. There was no penalty for them, they only reversed the policy because of bad publicity.

Really it would be best for everyone to prevent this problem before it starts, and meet with HR about implementing an anti-harassment policy before the CFO does something stupid

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Wouldn’t mind a pm to the discord/slack group (if that exists).

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes, but that’s unrelated to containers.

My parents were piles of leaves, you son of a bitch. You took them from me.

I finally got the joke

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

lampey posted:

Outside of a few edge cases(MI, San Francisco, and a few other cities, or if it is the direct result of a certain health problems) being overweight is not a protected status in the US, or most of the rest of the world. It is also a grey area to direct recruiters to spend more of their time trying to hire people of a protected status as long as there is no discrimination between those that apply. It is unlikely that they would investigate unless someone was fired because their weight was the result of an ADA or ADA AA recognized disability. Even if the EEOC acts on reports it is unlikely that the CFO would be fired, the penalties are relatively minor for this type of discrimination, and more likely they would just have to implement an anti-harassment policy. Look at what happened with Victoria Hospital in TX, they were already being investigated for racial discrimination and enacted a policy not to hire high BMI individuals. There was no penalty for them, they only reversed the policy because of bad publicity.

Really it would be best for everyone to prevent this problem before it starts, and meet with HR about implementing an anti-harassment policy before the CFO does something stupid

Wasn't this also the company that had an employee in tears because they were making her wear a skimpy outfit in a promotional video and she was uncomfortable with it? Or I am mixing it up with a different story?

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

LochNessMonster posted:

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Re: Working in IT 3.0: You can't fax glitter.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Aunt Beth posted:

Not with that attitude.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Aunt Beth posted:

Challenge loving Accepted

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bull3964 posted:

Not with that attitude.

This title suggestion has me jonesing for a chick parm.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cheque_some posted:

Wasn't this also the company that had an employee in tears because they were making her wear a skimpy outfit in a promotional video and she was uncomfortable with it? Or I am mixing it up with a different story?

I'm pretty sure it's the same CFO as a matter of fact.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LochNessMonster posted:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
If the discord/slack group doesn't exist. Shall we just create one?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Use IRC as a proper neckbeard.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Chat will lower the quality of discussion. And I can't handle another chat.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

At least use Slack so I look like I’m working.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Virigoth posted:

At least use Slack so I look like I’m working.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

nielsm posted:

Use IRC as a proper neckbeard.

Not emptyquoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Sefal posted:

If the discord/slack group doesn't exist. Shall we just create one?

Last time I asked about a Discord group I got dogpiled on because "why do we need one" lol