Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

grieving for Gandalf posted:

how come Paladin Cecil's battle sprite looks like he has super saiyan hair

I remember being upset as a kid because I thought his dark knight form looked so much cooler than the paladin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

how come Paladin Cecil's battle sprite looks like he has super saiyan hair

Hes a sonic cosplayer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why does super saiyin hair turn blonde anyway?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I remember being upset as a kid because I thought his dark knight form looked so much cooler than the paladin.

Thankfully you get to keep Kain as is

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Why does super saiyin hair turn blonde anyway?
Because in the original b&w manga it was an easy way to differentiate the transformation as a contrast from normal dark Saiyan hair.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it also took less ink

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/parkerrsimmons/status/1021779127173435392

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dragon ball is still good outside of the way less good bits of the red ribbon arc

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I want to collect the Dragon Ball manga in physical media but there's always something else taking precedence and it'll get reprinted forever so there's no rush.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Escapist claiming theyre going to 'leave politics at the door' is such a total lie based on their super-gamergate past lol

Yeah pretty much, just a dog whistle for "we're not going to have any of that SJW crap on OUR site".

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Escapist claiming theyre going to 'leave politics at the door' is such a total lie based on their super-gamergate past lol

Here's some excerpts from a book written by the future EiC years ago
https://twitter.com/NickCapozzoli/status/708360686896807939

https://twitter.com/NickCapozzoli/status/1022532720541491200

yikes.gif

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No idea what he’s talking about

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So I’m at this bug arcade dealy this weekend in Pittsburgh and they have not one, but two Tattoo Assassins cabinets.

Thanks to that, I’ve finally played a fighting game worse than Kasumi Ninja. Jesus.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Who cares, you're getting worked up into a froth over something that is probably going to end up shutting down like the last version of the escapist. it doesn't matter.

Dewgy posted:

So I’m at this bug arcade dealy this weekend in Pittsburgh and they have not one, but two Tattoo Assassins cabinets.

Thanks to that, I’ve finally played a fighting game worse than Kasumi Ninja. Jesus.

You idiot! never play tattoo assassins!!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Grapplejack posted:

You idiot! never play tattoo assassins!!

But it’s free play!

And... never, ever, ever occupied. The only person I saw even touching that thing today was me.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dewgy posted:

But it’s free play!

And... never, ever, ever occupied. The only person I saw even touching that thing today was me.

Doesn't it have a dedicated fart button though?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Doesn't it have a dedicated fart button though?

its not a fart button its a universal fart mechanic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also if they have 2 Tattoo Assassins machines the real arcade heads are probably avoiding them bc its likely fake hardware considering there are only 2 tattoo assassins machines in existence period. its probably an emulator or you could plan the greatest heist in arcade gaming history tonight.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

I always like Paladin Cecil better but when I was a kid, I always wanted Cecil to have like Ninja-level Black Magic instead of lovely White Magic. Because like, he used to be a Dark Knight, so he gets magic instead of cure spells

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Me irl rn

Sup everybody

fethers

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
His cure 2 is useful on occasion but cover and crystal sword are his real strengths.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

Me irl rn

Sup everybody

fethers

Fak you gotta pull your energy more toward https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQIOiZvTEc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86cTIoMv2U

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Paladin Cecil is cooler and more badass than Dark Knight Cecil. Glad we had this chat.

you should close your head door before bugs get in

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Fak you gotta pull your energy more toward https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQIOiZvTEc

Nah

I'm not closing the head window, I need it

my brain's bein fucky and it needs to cool off and I'm tryin to tire myself out mentally so I'll fall asleep so i'm gonna play some more Paint It Back since picross is exactly the kind of thing to make my brain go numb and distract me til I fall asleep

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Totally fair. Gotta get more Picross myself.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Good choice. I fuckin love picross. I love it to death.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yea here's hoping the brain numbing kicks in soon because I just wanna sleep and I've gotta be up early tomorrow for a med appointment so they can hopefully change my meds because I don't think the previous change has been doing anything positive for me and all I want right now is to just stop thinking and picross is damned good for that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFKoGa3JnQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All the NPCs on Shivering Isles are absolutely nuts. This is delightful :allears:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i should delete this rom before the next time i decide to try out a new n64 emulator

e; i just learned that earthworm jim 3d came out one year after banjo-kazooie

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 27, 2018

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

EarthWorm Jim 3D was probably the game that introduced me to cut content from games even if I didn't know it at the time. I remember reading about it on magazines back then and wondering where all those levels shown in the previews were when I finally got the game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's ok, in place of all that cut content we got a boss battle about earthworm jim's confused gender identity and desperate struggle to prevent themself from transitioning

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 27, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a good Picross on Switch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there a good Picross on Switch

Yeah, Picross S is good

(and Picross S 2 is coming next week)

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I haven’t thought about or visited The Escapist in a long time, so out of curiosity I took a look. Their front page features a goodbye column from September 2017? It looks like the whole site is just Yahtzee content? Weird.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like Picross but oh my god am I bad at it (yet I also refuse to use any assistance).

At least I've gotten to a point where often I can actually sometimes find my mistakes rather than trashing the whole puzzle when I reach a point that clearly shows I hosed up somewhere along the way.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Dewgy posted:

Cool, assuming you mean Replay FX a bunch of my friends are there for the Pinburgh pinball tournament. I was really interested in going but it didn't work out for me this year. Next year I'm gonna make a real effort to compete.

One of the guys from my pinball league is running some tourney's in the console lounge, if you want to test your Dr. Mario mettle.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

GUI posted:

EarthWorm Jim 3D was probably the game that introduced me to cut content from games even if I didn't know it at the time. I remember reading about it on magazines back then and wondering where all those levels shown in the previews were when I finally got the game.

Not necessarily "cut content" but I learned that games can have weird last minute changes before release thanks to the issue of Nintendo Power that says there's a piece of heart on top of the Kokiri Shop in Ocarina of Time (complete with a screenshot showing it).

glam rock hamhock posted:

I like Picross but oh my god am I bad at it (yet I also refuse to use any assistance).

At least I've gotten to a point where often I can actually sometimes find my mistakes rather than trashing the whole puzzle when I reach a point that clearly shows I hosed up somewhere along the way.

You'll get better! It took me hours upon hours of playing Armor Picross (1 and 2) on Newgrounds before I was good at it.

Sometimes I think about getting a book of them but that just seems like a good way to get your hands covered in graphite/ink

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Ocelot's actual fursona.

• Locked thread