Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

This is going to be brutal if the fans are correct.
https://twitter.com/keiidakamya/status/1022169260402073600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I rather suspect Dabi is past the point of wanting to do anything to his family besides hurt them

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Man, Camie really looks like Horikoshi just decided to draw a character from Bleach one day.
And bless him for it.

Oxxidation posted:

I rather suspect Dabi is past the point of wanting to do anything to his family besides hurt them
Yeah, just mentioning family was enough to get Snatch (lol) killed, I don't think Dabi is down for a family reunion.

Though for real, Dabi's made a public appearance now and IIRC he was a known criminal before that too. He uses big rear end blue flames. Unless that's an evolved form of his quirk and he had normal red flames as a child, there's gonna have to be some serious logical loops to set up to make Dabi pay off as a runaway Todoroki that somehow none of the other Todoroki's have recognized or commented on yet.

On the other hand I'm right back on board again if his real name is Blau Bruder.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

And bless him for it.

Yeah, just mentioning family was enough to get Snatch (lol) killed, I don't think Dabi is down for a family reunion.

Though for real, Dabi's made a public appearance now and IIRC he was a known criminal before that too. He uses big rear end blue flames. Unless that's an evolved form of his quirk and he had normal red flames as a child, there's gonna have to be some serious logical loops to set up to make Dabi pay off as a runaway Todoroki that somehow none of the other Todoroki's have recognized or commented on yet.

On the other hand I'm right back on board again if his real name is Blau Bruder.

Only if Todoroki starts shoving a photograph in the face of everyone he meets asking if they've seen this man.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If only Mark Hamill voiced Endeavor so we could complete the Avatar parallels.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

If only Mark Hamill voiced Endeavor so we could complete the Avatar parallels.

Ooh ooh

Which family is more hosed up

The Todorokis or the Ozais

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
At Comicon Horikoshi said he'd never actually seen Avatar, however much you want to believe that Especially for Deku's bit in the next chapter

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ooh ooh

Ozais. But I haven’t read the post-series books so maybe they become less hosed? My gut says no though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ooh ooh

How many members of Shoto's family have earnestly attempted to kill other members of the family?

One. Maybe two.

Meanwhile, everyone in Zuko's family has at least taken a shot.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

At Comicon Horikoshi said he'd never actually seen Avatar, however much you want to believe that Especially for Deku's bit in the next chapter

Horikoshi is a massive westaboo and I do not believe him

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ooh ooh

Ozais until Dabi is confirmed his child

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
The Todoroki family only has a chance if you somehow don't count Iroh as being part of the Ozai Family.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vonnie posted:

The Todoroki family only has a chance if you somehow don't count Iroh as being part of the Ozai Family.

Not really. Endeavor is a complete bastard but he never set out to commit genocide.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is a double post but the new chapter is live https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/192/5243/1

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like how we get to see different reactions to Endeavor.

Todoroki still hates his guts, but respects the hero Endeavor. Also, I like how he pointed out how his fight with Deku helped him put things in perspective
Natsu still loving hates the dude and would rather cut him out of his life completely
Fuyumi just wants things to become normal, which, while not healthy, is a very real response when it comes to dealing with a broken family.

This could have been the chapter where, had Horikoshi handled this poorly, things would have been wrapped up. But we still see that this family has a LOT of work ahead in order to repair these broken bonds.
This is going to be a continuous story going forward.

It's really interesting and I wonder what the eventual conclusion is going to be.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I like that one of the previous One-For-All users was Jack from Madworld

Man, that was probably a violent little stretch of history

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lol, young hawks with an endeavor doll

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Okay Now I think the theory has weight.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Dabi is absolutely 100% a Todoroki, huh

Do you think he eats soba like his brothers?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I guarantee that's the reason Dabi wasn't around during the raid on their hideout. Gran Torino called out the civilian names of all the villains there.

Which does makes me wonder. Do they know about Dabi's real identity?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Onmi posted:

Okay Now I think the theory has weight.

Yeah, now we're getting somewhere with that. It's looking more plausible for sure.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mulderman posted:

I guarantee that's the reason Dabi wasn't around during the raid on their hideout. Gran Torino called out the civilian names of all the villains there.

His civilian name might supposed to be dead and thus not made the connection.

Or maybe it's all a red herring?

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 27, 2018

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Not really. Endeavor is a complete bastard but he never set out to commit genocide.

We're clearly talking about family stuff.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mulderman posted:

He was there. Gran Torino knocked him out. Gran Torino only mentioned the names of those who were conscious, as a way of threatening them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This chapter was really good though, I hope, finally, it can put to rest people's fears about how Horikoshi is going to be handling the Endeavor situation with the family. This isn't going to be an AssClass or a Soma. I think this is also the first time we've seen him completely without fire, not even an ember, he looks kinda strange without it all. I think it was done to humanize him.

One thing I absolutely love is Endeavor constantly says the wrong thing and then realizes he's done so. He's trying, but failing a lot, because all in all he's a very awkward person who doesn't really know how to talk to people. It really does reframe his 'harsh exterior' as a hero, as being less disgust and more... lacking in the ability to approach the situation.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Oh yeah, right when they entered. Must have gotten that confused with a different meeting where he was absent.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the way shoto put it was actually really good. its kinda hard not to like the hero endeavor. his unstoppable will is infectious. but the man is just the worst

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I have a question

Is that Rei, or Touya?

We're lead to think it's the former because we know that incident exists, but, it's in reference to Endeavor thinking back to All Mights words about securing a future for the next generation. So, is The future he snatched away locking Rei into a quirk marriage with himself, or Actions he did to his first son?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

endeavor saying he can't ask for forgiveness and all he can do is atone is about as well as this could have been handled, I think

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Terper posted:

He was there. Gran Torino knocked him out. Gran Torino only mentioned the names of those who were conscious, as a way of threatening them.

it's hilarious how much of a glass jaw dabi has for all his firepower

one firm kick from an old man and he takes a nap for the rest of the arc

soon as he woke up shigaraki probably hissed air between his teeth and told him to pull up a chair

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also Shouto dropping some serious shade with the that's some scar line.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I really like Todoroki making the distinction between the hero Endeavor and the dad Todoroki Enji. I think that's a really good way to handle this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

*slurp*

This was a really good chapter and I feel like they're really handling this Endeavor stuff well, but gently caress all that poo poo, bring on next week!

I can't wait to see more of the origin of One for All and see more of the previous users.

Oh man, it would be hosed up in Deku ended up having to relive the death of every previous holder.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just noticed Eraserhead trying to get a stray cat (who is not having it) come to him.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Radish posted:

That was my favorite part. :allears:

And the slurps. Can't forget about the slurps.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

His profile in one of the volumes states he likes cats.

I love little details like this. It really shows the difference between a good mangaka and a bad one.
If this was a Bleach chapter, we'd either just get a single line or static image about Aizawa waiting outside.

Here we get to see him, but also get a little insight in the guy by having him interact with a cat. And he even gave that cat some personality. It's good stuff.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mulderman posted:

His profile in one of the volumes states he likes cats.

I love little details like this. It really shows the difference between a good mangaka and a bad one.
If this was a Bleach chapter, we'd either just get a single line or static image about Aizawa waiting outside.

Here we get to see him, but also get a little insight in the guy by having him interact with a cat. And he even gave that cat some personality. It's good stuff.

Just look at the omake with the clothes he originally bought for Eri.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Slurping food in the presence of others should be punishable by death.

Although Endeavour probably deserves it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Radish posted:

Just look at the omake with the clothes he originally bought for Eri.

This is what should've been asked about at the Comic-Con panel. When are we seeing this in the manga proper, Horikoshi?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Radish posted:

"Wow, nice one, son. That was a sick burn."