Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

Now I'm just waiting for someone to work up a quick and dirty online squadbuilder using these point sheets because, man, i really hate making squads by hand it seems.

Same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

They've always said it would be out in Sept for official release.

Suuuuurrrrreeee it will

I don't doubt FFG's intention to release it in Sep but it's mobile software, so unless they had this thing more or less ready months ago, it will probably be delayed. I could easily be wrong, though.

Also, for those that don't follow the Vassal mod, it looks like they have some 2.0 content in the form of auto spawned lists from some of the 2.0 demos that have been going on.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Madurai posted:

Two mod slots for Interceptors...

:eyepop:
The only difference in this regard between v1 and v2 is that the lower PS pilots also get two slots now.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The Low PS interceptors having PTL for free is, IMO, what makes them viable, not really the mod slots.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I am incredibly disappointed that A-Wings don't have two EPTs anymore.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Your price for innate push.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They basically seem like they are still trash compared with Z-95s

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Panzeh posted:

Your price for innate push.

One of the EPTs was always PTL anyway.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Poopy Palpy posted:

One of the EPTs was always PTL anyway.

But Interceptors still get two mod slots, where's the justice FFG? :argh:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm SUPER loving stoked for TIE swarms, mini swarms, Guri, 2 IGGies and 4LOM... so much stuff.

But is it just me or is not using the Talent slots tempting at times? There aren't really that many amazing ones.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm SUPER loving stoked for TIE swarms, mini swarms, Guri, 2 IGGies and 4LOM... so much stuff.

But is it just me or is not using the Talent slots tempting at times? There aren't really that many amazing ones.

I think there will be times where you fill the Talent slot last, if at all. Crack Shot is way weaker than it was in 1st ed, but it's still just 1 point. Might as well drop it in there if you have a few points left and don't need a big bid.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

Hey cool, TIE Punishers, Bombers and Strikers can take Gunner upgrades.

Strikers have bombs now to match the info that FFG got about them after their release in 1.0

Hell yeah

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I find it interesting that force supersedes EPTs. Are the force talents that much better?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I find it interesting that force supersedes EPTs. Are the force talents that much better?

A couple of them are baller. Supernatural Reflexes is real good.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Looks like The Incredible Bulk is gonna survive into 2.0.

Lothal Rebel (70 pts)
Tac Scrambler (2 pts) (obstructs attacks)

Lothal Rebel (70 pts)
Tac Scrambler (2 pts) (obstructs attacks)

Magva Yarro (50 pts) (U-Wing, attackers can only re-roll 1 die)
Lando (crew) (5 pts)
Title (0 pts)

199 points

Both ghosts reinforce first round of combat; after that, they only reinforce if wounded. Enemies have to try to chew through that, or shoot at the trailing U-Wing that's preventing heavy re-rolls, has 3 greens, and potentially has two defensive tokens

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

A couple of them are baller. Supernatural Reflexes is real good.

So's Force Deadeye. That's the only way* to launch TL munitions without actually getting the TL, so that's going to be a super powerful upgrade, especially on low init guys (45 points for a homing missile force deadeye inquisitor...)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

is the 2.0 wiki up yet?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

is the 2.0 wiki up yet?

yes

http://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing_Miniatures:_Second_Edition_Wiki

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
5x Alpha Sq Interceptors survive into 2.0

It is time

e: 3x Defenders did not survive though, as was anticipated

e2: I really hope they didn’t overprice the defenders

Recoome fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 27, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Recoome posted:

5x Alpha Sq Interceptors survive into 2.0

It is time

e: 3x Defenders did not survive though, as was anticipated

e2: I really hope they didn’t overprice the defenders

Defenders got HEAVILY buffed, and are almost the only ship to have become strictly better in 2e than in 1e, not to mention being one of a VERY select few to be able to get focus/evade. Green 1 banks, 2k, system slot, extra shield, boost action is worth it, I'd guess.

Iden, Seyn, Howl, Juke Rexler.

Yeah

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Very intentional that 7x TIEs + Howlrunner is at 201 points, guess they wanted to steer away from Thing + 7 Ties

You can actually have 5x Saber Sq. Interceptors at 200 points, although completely naked :getin:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Blocking can still be pretty drat powerful against the right list. I played against op3 4 times and only once was it even remotely close because I could just occupy all the space they could go and burn down Lowhhrick.

I literally stole the list entirely from the Vegas regionals.

https://i.imgur.com/Cu699Pm.gifv

farewell to the last great swarm list in 1E

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Dunno if Fenn and Guri will be efficient enough to match their premiums. They cost more than Dengar lmao. The HWK is nice and cheap though. I can see Palob being a real PITA, will definitely have to throw him on the table.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The Fang doesn't have a mod slot yet the box comes with afterburner........................................

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
That's gotta be be an oversight, surely. Though, if true, Guri + Palob + Fenn fits at 200.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Dunno if Fenn and Guri will be efficient enough to match their premiums. They cost more than Dengar lmao. The HWK is nice and cheap though. I can see Palob being a real PITA, will definitely have to throw him on the table.

Yeah, I'm a little worried by the cost of Guri, she's probably the ship I'm most enthused about trying.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Does 7 academy pilots and Del Meeko sound like a bad idea?

I just feel the need to fly 8 tie fighters and melt my brain at a tournament.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Raged posted:

Does 7 academy pilots and Del Meeko sound like a bad idea?

I just feel the need to fly 8 tie fighters and melt my brain at a tournament.

It sounds like a great idea.

It also costs 201 points.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thespaceinvader posted:

It sounds like a great idea.

It also costs 201 points.

21x7= 161+30= 191 tho???

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Good news everyone! I finally beat the guy I have been trying to beat ever since I got into the game! 4 years! He has beaten me everytime. Today, at a store champ, I beat him 100-0

He flew two reapers and the inquisitor with Optimized prototype. I flew Whisper with Krennic, and two Nus with Harpoons (I feel dirty) I wiped his rear end out.

Feels so good, I don't mind going 1-2 that day. I came in 5th, and my fiancé came in 6th, so we each got custom templates, and agreed to get differing colours. As well, we won $20 in store credit (some of the prize pool were $10 gift certs which we each won). We now have a shadowcaster finally.

So, my get ready for 2.0 mechanics list should be that and kimogila, and what else?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

21x7= 161+30= 191 tho???

21 * 7 is not 161.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Academy ties are 23 points. 7 of those are 161 points. Del is 30 points.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I know this will sound weird but just use a calculator

jesus gently caress people melt down when no list builder is immediately available

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Chemmy posted:

21 * 7 is not 161.

You’re right, I wrote 21 instead of 23.

23x7 is still 161, so the point stands.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

And Del is 30, not 40 like Iden or Howlrunner

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
LOL I did not mean to cause this basic math derail. Del with 7 Academy pilots is 191. Still deciding on an EPT for Del.

I really think Imps are overall looking to benefit the most from 2.0. I love my scum faction, but something just seems to be missing and Fang fighters having no mod slot seems insane. Same can be said for A-Wings. Those ships are just begging for afterburners.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I think it's significantly more accurate to suggest that "ships that use maneuvering and primary weapons benefit the most from 2.0" and that the Imperial side of things happens to have more of those than Scum or Rebels. I know I'm looking forward to flying X-wings again in a serious capacity, and that's exciting as hell for the same reason.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

21x7= 161+30= 191 tho???

Academy pilots are 23... E: though yeah, it does come to 191.

And E2: yeah, I'm looking forward to all the options for running stuff that has to manoeuvre and get arc on target. The only turret I'm expecting to run soon is Lando's falcon.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 29, 2018

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Looks like TT simulator has a functional 2.0 mod: https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/930t3p/tabletop_simulator_unified_xwing_20_mod_major/

Seems good, list spawner works well. Apparently soon there will be a full fledged builder for it, but this is a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Few 2.0 questions

Is there actually 2 mods that anyone would put on an Interceptor currently?

Why would anyone choose Bistan over Veteran Turret gunner?

Maybe I missed it, but do scum have any way of dealing somewhat consistent stress besides Assaj?