Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Best post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Woops posted it in the wrong thread

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

:hmmyes:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Martin BadClixx posted:

Woops posted it in the wrong thread

just go hog wild imo

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is just straight up like 15% of california now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Larry Parrish posted:

this is just straight up like 15% of california now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I took a two hour nap in my car recently and my
neck and back hurt for a week. actually living in your car must be a waking nightmare.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I took a two hour nap in my car recently and my
neck and back hurt for a week. actually living in your car must be a waking nightmare.

look at this bougie gently caress

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I was locked out of my mansion what do you want me to do

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
facial recognition software thinks all black people look alike and are all criminals :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...y%3fid=56853183

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

got any sevens posted:

facial recognition software thinks all black people look alike and are all criminals :lol:

silicon valley disrupting and automating the racism factories smdh

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

got any sevens posted:

that was probably in the RFP

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

got any sevens posted:

i bet this is putting good racist cops out of work. disgusting.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think the far funnier part is how the headline writers go above and beyond at burying the lede by not even hinting towards the real story of "amazon programmed a racist AI" in the headline and if you reas the headline you think amazon is prejudiced against politicians

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i guess its an improvement over the state of the art google system that labeled peoples' pictures they put into google photos a few years ago and kept labeling pictures with black people in them as pictures of monkeys

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
it's a matter of data management and statistics really

shouldve included equal ns across ethic groups so you dont bias the algorthm

unfortunately this means burning 90+% of your input data :shrug: i guess what im saying is

dismantle the pic and liquidate 90+% of law enforcement (and nationalize amazon)

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Food Boner posted:

it's a matter of data management and statistics really

shouldve included equal ns across ethic groups so you dont bias the algorthm

unfortunately this means burning 90+% of your input data :shrug: i guess what im saying is

dismantle the pic and liquidate 90+% of law enforcement (and nationalize amazon)

Also the source data of who society considers a criminal is hugely biased towards minorities. This is the problem with ML: If you're just naive or incompetent when building the models, you'll end up laundering all kinds of prejudices, and then it comes out the other end as some infallible AI judgement of "black people are criminals" and then racists will go "see, it was the computer, it's all science there isn't even a line of code that says black people are bad, it just learned that on it's own!"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Can't go to the movies because my subscription app literally ran out of money and had to borrow 5 million dollars, a normal business practice https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/27/moviepass-money-woes-service-outage-/

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
https://twitter.com/kkruesi/status/1022599941246472192

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"How'd they do it?"
"They used a... *puts on sunglasses* ...jailbreak."
*The Who riffs slamming in*

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

frankenfreak posted:

"How'd they do it?"
"They used a... *puts on sunglasses* ...jailbreak."
*The Who riffs slamming in*

:hellyeah:

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

mrmcd posted:

Also the source data of who society considers a criminal is hugely biased towards minorities. This is the problem with ML: If you're just naive or incompetent when building the models, you'll end up laundering all kinds of prejudices, and then it comes out the other end as some infallible AI judgement of "black people are criminals" and then racists will go "see, it was the computer, it's all science there isn't even a line of code that says black people are bad, it just learned that on it's own!"

That pesky society! It has the audacity to consider something that doesn't fit my liberal arts' professor preconceptions!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

FWIW this is less than $1,000 per person on average.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

chesnok posted:

That pesky society! It has the audacity to consider something that doesn't fit my liberal arts' professor preconceptions!

go on

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

punk rebel ecks posted:

Capitalism suggests the vast majority of that quarter mil went to one or a few guys.
You don’t check your capitalism at the door just cause you in the Kline

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

it's actually $0, because all they did was find a way to hack the system and give themselves a balance on the service to use for buying games and sending e-mails and whatever other poo poo prison charges people for, nobody got any real money, but you can be sure people gonna get some real years!!!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i can't buy Who Framed Roger Rabbit on blue unless i sign up for amazon prime? this dystopia sux.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It is $0.50 a minute to be able to see your loved ones during visiting at many prisons now.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh god are parents going to try to coach their kids to become professional twitch streamers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hmmm theres effectively a zero percent chance that my kid will be a professional athlete, so instead ill try and get him to be a pro gamer which is even lower in proportion to people who can actually do it for a living as a portion of people who play video games

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

hmmm theres effectively a zero percent chance that my kid will have a well paying job, so instead ill try and get him to be a popular twitch streamer which is even lower in proportion to people who can actually do it for a living as a portion of people who play video games

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Poniard posted:

hmmm theres effectively a zero percent chance that my kid will have a well paying job, so instead ill try and get him to be a popular twitch streamer which is even lower in proportion to people who can actually do it for a living as a portion of people who play video games

lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
streamer/internet personality is definitely fast becoming a "what I wanna be when I grow up" thing, I'm sure

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mom wants a carry

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Hey Shear Modulus thanks for the 52 month sub

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ShriekingMarxist posted:

streamer/internet personality is definitely fast becoming a "what I wanna be when I grow up" thing, I'm sure

improv or theater would be a better use of money (people will often times coach video games for free )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
its real

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/gaming/news/fortnite-tutors-1202892064/amp/