Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Means-Tested Access to Access to Half Off College*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I'm trying to read through the Dems' summary of their "Aim Higher Act", but even the summary is still sixteen pages long, and constantly refers to obscure programs and metrics that no one has ever loving heard of. i can only imagine how bad the actual bill text must be

though really, I'm used to reading boring legalese. I used to post in d&d, after all. the bigger problem is that I'm loving sick of reading "the GOP bill would cut this program, but not only are we not going to cut this program, we're also going to expand it in some minor way". its repeated over and over again, and I'm pretty sure the only reason half these changes were made was because the Dems also released a whitepaper directly comparing the two bills and wanted to pad it with more stuff

the GOP bill is directly mentioned by bill number no less than 33 times in that 16-page summary

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If you like your half of college, you can keep access to it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Beta O'Rourke am I right

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Beta O'Rourke am I right

Beta O'Cuck

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

this dudes net worth is a little under 10 million btw

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

he probably only likes the stuff after the black album

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
at least she's asking for evidence, I guess

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1022860627923091456

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he probably only likes the stuff after the black album

auditory succ zone

Nothing else matters, truly

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Means-Tested Economic Incentives to Trickle Down Access to Provide Pathways for Access to Half Off College*

the failing democratic party

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Greenwald is a Kremlin agent and just scrubbed his pro Russia horseshit from his twitter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fishhook theory is real

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Greenwald is a Kremlin agent and just scrubbed his pro Russia horseshit from his twitter

well good thing he lives in a secluded, gated community in Brazil to avoid reprisal!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

look at this rich rear end in a top hat's kitchen

you see, Damian Lewis's character in Billions is a cool guy you want to emulate, esp if you are a democrat

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Nonsense posted:

source your quotes

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/1015088983674576896

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Dinesh, you’re gay

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The Knights of Ocasio are good and right

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

more dems need to tie the worst members of the gop to their party, like steve king for example

absolute malpractice they haven’t been doing this for years

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1022876366960771080?s=21

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wow, you said America toppled Iran's democratically elected government? Great Fake News there, buddy, give me more of that Soviet Russian agitprop.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

more dems need to tie the worst members of the gop to their party, like steve king for example

yes

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nonsense posted:

nice succ

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calibanibal posted:

The Knights of Ocasio are good and right

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/1015092656379179009

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/LilComradeAnnie/status/1022866025186914306

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Ocasio loving rules. thank you, Soviet spies, for making her famous

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/887641703817121793

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

what happened with greenwald

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

it's not unionization, but a lil credit goes to bernie imo

Disneyland Resort workers approve contract that raises the minimum hourly wage to $15 by next year

edit: wait, they're union workers

Unions representing nearly 10,000 workers at the Disneyland Resort ended a months-long labor dispute by voting Thursday in favor of a three-year contract that raises hourly wages by as much as 20% immediately and an additional 13% in January.

The employees — including candy makers, custodians, retail workers, attraction operators and others — voted by secret ballot throughout the day at Disneyland’s Lincoln Theater in favor of an offer that raises the minimum hourly rate of $11 to $13.25 immediately and to $15 starting in January, three years before California’s minimum wage is scheduled to reach that level. An increase to $15.50 an hour is slated for June 2020.

Resort employees with higher salaries, such as truck drivers, would get more modest wage increases, with workers who earn $20 an hour receiving a raise of 60 cents an hour immediately and an additional 75 cents in January. Hourly pay would increase to $21.99 in June 2020.

All workers will get a retroactive pay increase of either 3% or 50 cents an hour, whichever is greater, back to June 17, 2018.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

absolute malpractice they haven’t been doing this for years

lmao this woman is going to tear the GOP a new rear end in a top hat if she dosen't get shot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

StashAugustine posted:

idiots have always hated him for attempting to contextualize and de-sensationalize coverage of US-Russia relations

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im curious if mensch is just insane or is a grifter who makes this all up

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

raytheon liberals are obsessed with and will seize on any reason to smear him bc he badmouths us foreign policy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

she's trying to rationalize her idolization of centrism with hillary's loss to fat hitler and it broke her brain

she's what i could have ended up as if i didn't posses the amazing ability of "admitting i'm wrong about anything at all"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

idiots have always hated him for attempting to contextualize and de-sensationalize coverage of US-Russia relations

libs have lost their minds about him. our very own zegermans has built an elaborate alex jones-worthy mind castle that half the trump thread believes lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I lean towards grifter but I'm really not certain. I've spent a hilarious portion of my life slacking off at work to ponder this question.

Also, I feel like a lot of ppl just know her as a kook from twitter and don't realize that she was an elected Tory MP lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im gonna wear this gross animal skin on my head until all my paranoid fantasies are proven true!!!!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yes

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

it's not unionization, but a lil credit goes to bernie imo

Disneyland Resort workers approve contract that raises the minimum hourly wage to $15 by next year

edit: wait, they're union workers

Unions representing nearly 10,000 workers at the Disneyland Resort ended a months-long labor dispute by voting Thursday in favor of a three-year contract that raises hourly wages by as much as 20% immediately and an additional 13% in January.

The employees — including candy makers, custodians, retail workers, attraction operators and others — voted by secret ballot throughout the day at Disneyland’s Lincoln Theater in favor of an offer that raises the minimum hourly rate of $11 to $13.25 immediately and to $15 starting in January, three years before California’s minimum wage is scheduled to reach that level. An increase to $15.50 an hour is slated for June 2020.

Resort employees with higher salaries, such as truck drivers, would get more modest wage increases, with workers who earn $20 an hour receiving a raise of 60 cents an hour immediately and an additional 75 cents in January. Hourly pay would increase to $21.99 in June 2020.

All workers will get a retroactive pay increase of either 3% or 50 cents an hour, whichever is greater, back to June 17, 2018.

yo willa, since you're here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819657&pagenumber=229#post486520999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yinlock posted:

she's trying to rationalize her idolization of centrism with hillary's loss to fat hitler and it broke her brain

she's what i could have ended up as if i didn't posses the amazing ability of "admitting i'm wrong about anything at all"

there's gradients of insanity, mensch is halfway between neera and that person who posts on twitter all day about trump's genitals