Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

My choices have been all over the place, but I've done either Martha or Mordred, when they pop up.

So, watermelons come next!

ALSO, remember to do your Master Missions. Caster today, and Saber on Sunday to clear the last of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

My choices have been all over the place, but I've done either Martha or Mordred, when they pop up.

So, watermelons come next!

ALSO, remember to do your Master Missions. Caster today, and Saber on Sunday to clear the last of them.

i'm doing this but dev quest 9 is gonna make me choose and i have no idea who should be the first go-round

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

In the spirit of Mordred going gently caress You Dad, I decided to rebel against Archuria once and roll Summer 1:

Not what I had in mind, but I'll take it!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, I actually laughed at the split-second cameo of Medusa during the Cypress bath event. That was unexpected.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

punch nun best nun :allears:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Holy crap, Martha with the TRIPLE entendre.

EDIT: What about an aqueduct suggests romance to you Mordred?

Gologle fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 27, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

Well, she is the mom of both Superman and Batman.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dawgstar posted:

oh lord why do i keep building mordred giant metal coffins she thinks i can live in
I also built her big metal oven of a shelter. No idea why.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

she’s trying her best but god drat mordred has some silly ideas

I do kind of regret not building the mine cart

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The mine cart so far is the stupidest of her ideas.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Mordred's dumb as poo poo and also my friend.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

oh lord why do i keep building mordred giant metal coffins she thinks i can live in

(Because she wants to do it for me.)

:same:

Moedred is 100% an adorable idiot.

She's like a Pomeranian puppy or something.

RanKizama posted:

I also built her big metal oven of a shelter. No idea why.

To make her happy, as a good friend would. :colbert:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Cuntellectual posted:

:same:

Moedred is 100% an adorable idiot.

She's like a Pomeranian puppy or something.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I ended up building the statue of mordred as a monument to terrible ideas

also it made her smile and she needs to smile more

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Apocrypha was only a mostly bad show.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

Aqueducts are roman I guess?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cuntellectual posted:

Apocrypha was only a mostly bad show.

I kind of want to watch it now

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

UHD posted:

I kind of want to watch it now

you already saw the only 2 good parts

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

All the stuff with Mordred and her Master are good, it's just that's maybe... twenty percent of the show. Some of the fights are a lot of fun.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all the stuff i saw not involving Sieg and Jeanne was pretty good, but i have no idea how the second half shakes out in terms of being enjoyable to watch

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

all the stuff i saw not involving Sieg and Jeanne was pretty good, but i have no idea how the second half shakes out in terms of being enjoyable to watch

Even Jeanne on her own is okay - see for example the Karna fight that leaves her belongings scattered all over the place - it's just that unlike everyone else she shares scenes with Sieg like 90% of the time.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Mordred is great but she needs to learn not to steal meat. Especially from her dad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Apocryphas fine. It wastes a lot of its characters and sieg sucks but its a much better action show than any of the utotable tv shows, because it has action animation and not cg bloom

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Kild posted:

Karna vs Vlad is pretty good.

Other than that.... Gardens of Babylon?

Edit: VV Haha spartacus is pretty great yeah.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 27, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The action episodes in the back half animated entirely by younger guys with something to prove were good. Astolfo has amazing character animation, you could tell they were having a blast animating them. Spartacus's little murder hodown was brief but cool. There were some cute fgo references, like mordred surfing on clarent at one point in the semiramis fight. The mordred flashbacks were decent character building that hasnt been in anything else

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anytime Spartacus is on-screen

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Apocrypha deserves some praise because it made me enjoy France a lot more.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
used my summer and login tix, got surfer mo and saber mo

im glad mo endeared herself by being an idiot son this event

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Endorph posted:

The action episodes in the back half animated entirely by younger guys with something to prove were good. Astolfo has amazing character animation, you could tell they were having a blast animating them. Spartacus's little murder hodown was brief but cool. There were some cute fgo references, like mordred surfing on clarent at one point in the semiramis fight. The mordred flashbacks were decent character building that hasnt been in anything else

I'll take Ufotable's consistency over Apocrypha's two gorgeously animated fights shining in a pile of forgettable and off-model generic anime battles. And no, I'm not talking about in-between frames.

Unfortunately, even if Apocrypha was pure eye-candy back to back, (It wasn't.) I would have a really hard time recommending it. Sieg and the bloated cast diluted the screentime of the handful of actually compelling characters, and the pacing is atrocious, even when compared to how uneven Ufotable's UBW was in that regard.

After the first season I started skipping any scene that didn't contain Astolfo or Mordred, because not even my love for the franchise could get me to sit through Sieg's scenes.

I'll give Apocrypha props for the soundtrack though... it really didn't deserve a score that excellent.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 27, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

actually it's good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sophism posted:

I'll take Ufotable's consistency over Apocrypha's two gorgeously animated fights shining in a pile of forgettable and off-model generic anime battles. And no, I'm not talking about in-between frames.

ya basic

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Apocrypha is incredibly mediocre outside of some good scenes and loving lol at even being close to any of the ufotable Fate shows

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
all of ufo's shows have several fight scenes each with extended choreography and all of apocrypha had booming, theatrical sound effects that dominated a ton of fights, not to mention the several times where the screen was just ~beamspam~
imo the two studios both excel at what they do in their fate shows, they just have different priorities in how they allocate skilled artists. Ufotable prides itself on amazing post-production work and A-1 brings on a ton of talented animators and both of them are super prideful of it and turn everyone's heads with their "hey check this out" moves.

and i think all the bright and crazy effects own especially because they're fulfilling the dreams of a visual novel with a billion CGs for colorful weapon swings and bright lines and clashing steel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sophism posted:

Oh no, not off model!

Space Flower posted:

and i think all the bright and crazy effects own especially because they're fulfilling the dreams of a visual novel with a billion CGs for colorful weapon swings and bright lines and clashing steel
I don't mind the effects in themselves but I think UBW TV and Fate/Zero both have really bad fight choreography outside of a few scenes. I've mentioned this before but the UBW TV version of the Shirou vs Archer and Shirou vs Gilgamesh battles just feel like they completely miss the point, to me, from a narrative and character perspective.

I think Heaven's Feel and Kara no Kyoukai look great so this isnt anti-ufotable bias or anything.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Space Flower posted:

all of ufo's shows have several fight scenes each with extended choreography and all of apocrypha had booming, theatrical sound effects that dominated a ton of fights, not to mention the several times where the screen was just ~beamspam~
imo the two studios both excel at what they do in their fate shows, they just have different priorities in how they allocate skilled artists. Ufotable prides itself on amazing post-production work and A-1 brings on a ton of talented animators and both of them are super prideful of it and turn everyone's heads with their "hey check this out" moves.

it's weird but i think watching their Touken Ranbu did a lot to retroactively sour me on the style the used for it + Fate, because at that point it feels less like their version of Fate and just their version of action shows period. i get that studio specialization and identity is a thing, but personally i prefer a studio that is less stylistically monolithic. and as much as the post-prod process is it's own form of art, i feel like it does as much to enhance some scenes as it does to partially/wholly obscure others.

tho as a sidebar i'm not sure why the earlier discussion of FApo had to be made into this weirdly combative comparison at all

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

"Off model" what

Good, dynamic, and fluid animation with some life to it is amazingly good, and Apocrypha has it in spades. But literally anything I could say about it would just be a watered down version of this article anyways

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FAPo

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I put Apocrypha and UBW about even as far as adaptation quality. Apocrypha was weighed down by crappy source material but the animation team did a lot to elevate it, whereas UBW's excellent first season was followed up by a heavily flawed second season. Though I've long held the opinion that UBW is essentially not adaptable. Anyways, Emiya Gohan is easily the best Ufotable Fate work, go watch it.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

taser rates posted:

Anyways, Emiya Gohan is easily the best Ufotable Fate work, go watch it.

Quoted for truth.

(Off-topic, but when you roll on the summer banner and freaking Stheno decides to join the party, it’s probably a sign that you need to stop rolling for a little bit. Fine by me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Kild posted:

Nah man, the fights in the second half were good.