Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

It tries to fill out people in suitable climates but if there are none available, instead of deleting the team it moves them somewhere almost as suitable.

EDIT: What factions does the faction unlocker flesh out

Non LL factions I think? I could be wrong. I did try and confirmed though, it doesn't actually unlock non name factions for DLC you don't own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If I recall correctly, the only LL it adds is one for kislev but it has been awhile since I've touched it.

Looking for that info led me to something else though. If you play as new world dwarfs, you don't have access to gunpowder units. That is how they should act in vanilla.

But the faction unlocker made it so that if you establish contact with old world dwarfs, you get the missing units back.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Agean90 posted:

i just found out that if you make boris todbringer spymaster it changes the title it gives him lmao

Would you like to share with the rest of the class what his custom title is?

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

Agean90 posted:

i just found out that if you make boris todbringer spymaster it changes the title it gives him lmao

I just found out that if you genocide the High Elves as Hellebron, you get control of the free army every death night :) But it's full of swordsman and spearman :(

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I love Mazdamundi and that campaign. But gently caress, when you go to take out Skeggi, they have a lord with like a full stack of missile cavalry and, as far as I know, the lizardmen have major issues dealing with them. The javelin skinks are fine for a while but have no ammunition. I'm usually fighting them in their base by turn 5 or 6, so the ability to get my guys upgraded to deal with the horse speed is nil.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, fast missile units are absolutely barbaric against saurus warriors or anything that rampages, if you can't find a way to get them out into a favorable battlefield that nullifies the range advantage, I'd recommend loading up on multiple skink skirmishers, chameleon if possible but might be a bit long to tech into.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

beergod posted:

I love Mazdamundi and that campaign. But gently caress, when you go to take out Skeggi, they have a lord with like a full stack of missile cavalry and, as far as I know, the lizardmen have major issues dealing with them. The javelin skinks are fine for a while but have no ammunition. I'm usually fighting them in their base by turn 5 or 6, so the ability to get my guys upgraded to deal with the horse speed is nil.

Skirmish cavalry REALLY does not like being subjected to the Net spell. You can get it pretty much right away. Between that and your Solar Engine Bastilodon, you ought to be set so long as you aren't dealing with, say, a big stack on top of the town garrison. You can solve a lot of problems if you can lure out their troops into an ambush.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

beergod posted:

As a note, this is a bug where Skeggi (and other Norscan factions) can't build Skeggi's unique building chain, so all they're left with for military buildings is the basic Cavalry building.

The community patch mod should fix this.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
So playing as Alarielle, about turn 30 or so a blood voyage and Hellebron have showed up on my northern shore. Both are full stacks with lots of higher tier stuff. Eep.

Nash fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 27, 2018

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I dont know posted:

Would you like to share with the rest of the class what his custom title is?

the emperor's eye

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

because boris only has one eye you see

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Agean90 posted:

the emperor's eye

Agean90 posted:

because boris only has one eye you see

Anyone who is made Spymaster get's that title.
Amusing I agree, but you originally made it sound like it was a something wholly unique to him.

Agean90 posted:

When it changes the title of everyone. Sorry, I'm being pedantic.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Anyone who is made Spymaster get's that title.
Amusing I agree, but you originally made it sound like it was a something wholly unique to him.

You missed the point. Any other spymaster becomes "The Emperor's eyes." It is unique that Boris becomes "The Emperor's eye."

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I'm.... pretty sure it's "eye" for all of them

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

neonchameleon posted:

You missed the point. Any other spymaster becomes "The Emperor's eyes." It is unique that Boris becomes "The Emperor's eye."

Yeah this is not unique

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Protip: If rebels take land from a minor faction, try not to let them hold onto it for 20 turns. Or you get a clusterfuck like this.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Eschatos posted:

Protip: If rebels take land from a minor faction, try not to let them hold onto it for 20 turns. Or you get a clusterfuck like this.

For whatever reason tomb king rebels are always get hilariously stacked armies. It's the reason that high end constructs are available in such limited quantity. The drat rebels stole all of them.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

peer posted:

I'm.... pretty sure it's "eye" for all of them

Yeah,according to the tool tip it's emperos eyes for anyone else

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

I dont know posted:

For whatever reason tomb king rebels are always get hilariously stacked armies. It's the reason that high end constructs are available in such limited quantity. The drat rebels stole all of them.

lol, they didn't fix that yet? I remember seeing that right after release and thinking surely this isn't working as intended.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

I dont know posted:

I just wanted them for next time I play Children of the Nile

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you get a tomb king rebellion early you'll pretty much need your entire military might brought down on the stack immediately or it will crush you with high tier veteran monsters and infantry, best to focus hard on public order as tomb kings.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I dont know posted:

IIRC rebel army strength is determined by the presence of military recruitment buildings. This is obviously a problem for the Tomb Kings.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Cataph has a mod to fix that issue, IIRC. Less Rebel Rebels I think

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
TK rebels just hit the sauce super hard and basically conjure an end-game hellstack on turn 11 if it crops up that early. Poor Settra somehow had a rebellion at the small city next to Khemri and it was like 4 Ushabti, 2 Greatbows, a Heirotitan, a Casket and a shitload of Tomb Guard/Cavalry. They can unironically lock down an area against the AI for an extremely long time.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
You feel it really hard as the Tomb kings because your low tier troops are hot loving garbage. Once you hit constructs your ability to dish out damage jumps up a lot.

Unlike say dwarves where you just have crappy versions of the better troops you’ll get and can make do a bit with them, the tomb kings are pretty much just missing the damage dealing part of their army until they get high tier troops. The archers and to a degree chariots are all you have at that point really.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I wanted tomb king skeletons to be actually good when buffed by their unique lore of magic but small buffs to a single unit at a time just doesn't cut it. Their recursion is also complete garbage.

As a fan of undead since homm2 I found them the biggest letdown in the series.

Edit: I remember TKs having units of mummies in the tabletop that hit like a truck and were nearly indestructible unless set on fire. What happened to them? Tomb guard are way too mediocre to be what I was remembering.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 28, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

KPC_Mammon posted:

I wanted tomb king skeletons to be actually good when buffed by their unique lore of magic but small buffs to a single unit at a time just doesn't cut it.

They can get buffed like crazy in single player.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

turn off the TV posted:

They can get buffed like crazy in single player.

How? From what I've seen they have significantly fewer buffs for t1 troops than any other faction. Skaven slaves have more ways to be buffed than skeletons.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have a couple of basic Total War questions if ya don’t mind... I’m playing Total Warhammer 1 now. First TW game.

- How do I actually permanently kill enemy lords? For instance, I’ve “wounded” Wuzzag a few times times and gone into battles specifically intending to make sure he doesn’t walk out of it, and then turns later he comes back with another stack and attacks my settlements. I feel like I’ve been playing whack a mole with these guys for the last 100 turns because they refuse to die.

- how can I get a good gauge of an enemy army when I’m looking at the main campaign map? at this point I still am never quite sure who has the advantage before I actually go to attack them.

Thanks!

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

AndrewP posted:

I have a couple of basic Total War questions if ya don’t mind... I’m playing Total Warhammer 1 now. First TW game.

- How do I actually permanently kill enemy lords? For instance, I’ve “wounded” Wuzzag a few times times and gone into battles specifically intending to make sure he doesn’t walk out of it, and then turns later he comes back with another stack and attacks my settlements. I feel like I’ve been playing whack a mole with these guys for the last 100 turns because they refuse to die.

- how can I get a good gauge of an enemy army when I’m looking at the main campaign map? at this point I still am never quite sure who has the advantage before I actually go to attack them.

Thanks!

1. You can't permanently kill legendary lords (yours included), aside from totally wiping out their faction.

2. The banner over their army will be more or less filled-in depending on their army size (though not necessarily strength, a 20-stack of chaff will look the same as a top tier stack). You can click on the army to see what specific units they've got, though not all may be visible depending on how close you have an army/agent to them.

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 28, 2018

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Edit: I remember TKs having units of mummies in the tabletop that hit like a truck and were nearly indestructible unless set on fire. What happened to them? Tomb guard are way too mediocre to be what I was remembering.

Those existed in the 4rth edition, at that time there was only one undead faction, necromancers, mummies and vampires could be fielded witth the same army list. In 5th edition, the Vampire Counts were created as a separate army and Tomb Kings were released in 6th edition. Probably you're remembering things from different eras.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
TK have terrible t1 chaff but that's balanced by them being completely free. Yeah your units are garbage but you're only limited by the number of armies/lords you've unlocked. Early game is slow but once you've got 2-3 armies it really picks up speed

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

1. You can't permanently kill legendary lords (yours included), aside from totally wiping out their faction.

2. The banner over their army will be more or less filled-in depending on their army size (though not necessarily strength, a 20-stack of chaff will look the same as a top tier stack). You can click on the army to see what specific units they've got, though not all may be visible depending on how close you have an army/agent to them.

Thanks. I guess I just haven't played enough to be able to look at a set of units and judge if they're gonna be stronger than mine, outside of sheer numbers.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

KPC_Mammon posted:

I wanted tomb king skeletons to be actually good when buffed by their unique lore of magic but small buffs to a single unit at a time just doesn't cut it. Their recursion is also complete garbage.

As a fan of undead since homm2 I found them the biggest letdown in the series.

Choice and Consequence made Lore of Nehekara much better, while most of the overhaul's buffed magic lores also have proportionally increased winds costs, Lore of Nehekara is much more economical and the buffs are now huge AoE effects which make them extremely cost-effective to use on low tier units.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I had to go back and check C&C since I never looked at what they did to dark elves.

All dark shards getting stalk is fabulous.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

200 turns into my Dwarf campaign and I just learned I could re-colonize razed settlements. :downs:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A dumb thing that I like about C&C vampires

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
C&C also turns Plague of Rust into that. Super brutal on armored badasses like most melee lords/heroes when all their armor flakes away and a mob of insane, almost-naked religious fanatics could kill them through sheer attrition.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My mod that I want is finally made

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1456828999

quote:

This mod uses Lua scripting to implement Tabletop style unit caps for individual armies in the campaign. This is not another faction wide cap mod, but instead limits the composition of each individual army in a similar way to the old tabletop rules of max 50% special, 25% rare, at least 50% core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Tell us how it plays. I've always figured something like that would lead to a lot of identikit armies.