Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Hostile V posted:

Yeah I love how the meeples whip rear end and the plastic mans are appropriately lovely.
Yeah, there is 0 chance I would go for the plastic ones. I like how the houses look with their fires, but they did a stellar job on these meeples. And wood > plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

From a better kickstarter:

For our sixth stretch goal, we'll be adding alternate Trogdor Meeples based on the designs by Coach Z, Strong Mad, Strong Sad, and Strong Bad to the game.

Where's homsar's :colbert:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Homsar can't be burninated, but he can be razed by a cup of coffee

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

FirstAidKite posted:

Full cast meeples are an add-on.

homullus posted:

Homsar can't be burninated, but he can be razed by a cup of coffee

Beautiful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

Full cast meeples are an add-on.

I know that, I mean where's Homsar's attempt at drawing a dragon

The Taster's Choice thing

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

FirstAidKite posted:

I know that, I mean where's Homsar's attempt at drawing a dragon

The Taster's Choice thing

Whoops. Forgot about that entirely.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Update on FreeLogoServices of War: the dream is dead.

quote:

You know what I don't care anymore,I'm done trying to achieve something when the few toxic assholes like yourself actively seeking to destroy someone, congrats you loving monster I good drat loving quit. I've spent thousands myself to have what I have for this and because of bullshit legal reasons it all flopped, so I figure what the hell I'll try my luck and I get loving slammed by you you absolute loving rear end in a top hat, go gently caress every part of yourself you absolute loving trash.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Top quality flounce. Would welcome back to flounce again. 13/10.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kai Tave posted:

It's for the best, they had no business being in business with an attitude like that.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Kai Tave posted:

Well that was quick.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

"Bullshit legal reasons" meaning I printed my stuff in Jina and now some random Alibaba vendor owns the rights to everything

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Buck Wildman posted:

Well that was quick.

The punchline is that nobody in the comments is even razzing this guy, just pointing out the very obvious flaws with this Kickstarter in a non-hostile way, but I guess because people aren't tripping over themselves to throw money at this guy's totally amazing idea that means they're all toxic assholes who can go gently caress every part of themselves.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zurui posted:

"Bullshit legal reasons" meaning I printed my stuff in Jina and now some random Alibaba vendor owns the rights to everything

I'm pretty sure his "legal reasons" were that his miniatures were pretty obviously designed in Hero Forge and he couldn't pass the results off as his own. Then again who knows.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Monopoly Auctions

Lol, I'm sure this isn't gonna get shut down real soon.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

JazzFlight posted:

Monopoly Auctions

Lol, I'm sure this isn't gonna get shut down real soon.

They claim to be licensed by Hasbro, but that seems, uh

unlikely

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

"Monopoly Auctions was created at the request of Mike Grey at Hasbro. 5 years has passed and we have been waiting for Hasbro to bring our game to life, with your pledge we can continue our journey to show Hasbro that there is an audience that equally enjoys this game. Monopoly Auctions was created from our "Not Your Average Joe's Card Game" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_bxq6NyN8). By backing $25 or more, you will receive our version of Monopoly Auctions that plays exactly the same as "Not your average Joe". With your support the hope is that Hasbro will finally release Monopoly Auctions to the world. At that point all $25 or more backers will receive the Hasbro licensed version of Monopoly Auctions. Until then enjoy our version "Not your Average Joe" Thank you for your support.

As President and CEO of Little Big Games, I give my promise to fulfill my obligation to bring Monopoly Auctions into the market."

Oh guys, noooo.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

El Fideo posted:

By backing $25 or more, you will receive our version of Monopoly Auctions that plays exactly the same as "Not your average Joe". With your support the hope is that Hasbro will finally release Monopoly Auctions to the world.
....what?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Yeah someone was already looking into this when I found it, doubt it will be up much longer

Mike Gray hasn't worked at Hasbro in about 5 years, probably left around the time these guys pitched their game

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
if you haven't clicked on that kickstarter link yet I would strongly recommend that you click on it, it is definitely some kind of a thing

quote:

On another note, Id like to ask that the kickstarter community focus on the game itself and not legal advice. I appreciate the current backers we have (yes even you $! people) and I hope that we can continue our dream.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ride that dream straight into oblivion, my son, whooping and waving a cowboy hat the whole way down.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
The Delta Green: The Labyrinth Kickstarter has announced what I consider to be a very exciting stretch goal: at $100k, they'll commission Caleb Stokes (author of Red Markets) to do a full campaign book for his amazing Delta Green campaign God's Teeth (which you can and should listen to on RPPR's Actual Play podcast feed). It'll be an addon, not part of the core rewards, but you want this. Trust me.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Here is the link for the first episode of God's Teeth by Caleb of RPPR.

http://actualplay.roleplayingpublic...#comment-204085

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

malkav11 posted:

The Delta Green: The Labyrinth Kickstarter has announced what I consider to be a very exciting stretch goal: at $100k, they'll commission Caleb Stokes (author of Red Markets) to do a full campaign book for his amazing Delta Green campaign God's Teeth (which you can and should listen to on RPPR's Actual Play podcast feed). It'll be an addon, not part of the core rewards, but you want this. Trust me.

Can attest; God's teeth was really really good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dwarf74 posted:

....what?

Release the emails Monopoly Auctions, Hasbro!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

malkav11 posted:

And here's a link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-labyrinth/description

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Oddity High is a pbta game where you play as anime teens with special powers: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1894477151/oddity-high?ref=project_link

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Is that any good? I can see how it might be, if you like that sort of story, but I have some hesitance about a PbtA teenage-weirdness game that doesn't acknowledge that Masks and Monsterhearts already exist.

Also there's a playbook called "The Fanservice," which is in-genre but uhhhhhh

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

There are playtest rules available if you back. I've only given them a quick read, but on the whole I like the direction they went in. The playbooks hit some pretty evocative niches, though admittedly for better and worse as mentioned. There are a lot of fiddly bits that might be a pain in play, but the core conflict mechanic is basically Fellowship with player consequences being tracked with a slightly more granular version of Masks's conditions.

I could definitely see stripping some parts out to streamline it and running a Persona-style game in the system.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tricky posted:

There are playtest rules available if you back. I've only given them a quick read, but on the whole I like the direction they went in. The playbooks hit some pretty evocative niches, though admittedly for better and worse as mentioned. There are a lot of fiddly bits that might be a pain in play, but the core conflict mechanic is basically Fellowship with player consequences being tracked with a slightly more granular version of Masks's conditions.

I could definitely see stripping some parts out to streamline it and running a Persona-style game in the system.

Absolutely. One of the playbooks is basically 'like Teddy.' Looks pretty neat so far.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Minor Orc Stabr update: we put together the GenCon copies last night and I figured I'd share a pic of the process here, so I can maintain Kayfabe elsewhere.

The rest of the copies will be getting mailed out after the con, and the PDF and audio version will be posted during the con, probably fridayish.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Minor Orc Stabr update: we put together the GenCon copies last night and I figured I'd share a pic of the process here, so I can maintain Kayfabe elsewhere.

The rest of the copies will be getting mailed out after the con, and the PDF and audio version will be posted during the con, probably fridayish.

This + Panic at the Dojo release has made July a retroactively decent month. Thank you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Omg I love the one with orc butt. Can't wait to get mine! :D

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The_Doctor posted:

Omg I love the one with orc butt. Can't wait to get mine! :D

The Verdigris-tone tan!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oddity High seems pretty alright from what I'm gathering, eyebrow raising at some stuff aside. One is kinda tempted to do a game where everybody takes whatever Real-Life playbook they want and all get The Leash as their Other-Life playbook and then basically have Persona by the Apocalypse.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I will say, having sat down and rolled up a character, that there are definitely a few bits that could use trimming. There are a lot of decisions to make at character creation from all sorts of lists and I'm not sure it necessarily adds that much past the elegant simplicity of something along the lines of AW's much smaller list of custom moves. I'm starting a quick game with a few friends and I'll have to see how it works in practice.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Iron Edda Accelerated is apparently a thing. (Also a PbtA version already exists?)

I liked the original Fate version, though it was a bit sparse and I condensed and completely rewrote the core pitch and mechanics of the game for my group. Most of the criticisms I think everyone had about the original are directly addressed by Tracy in the pitch video: more solid setting information, more gameplay guidance, more solidly defined archetypes and widgets to play with and differentiate characters. Ironically, it seems like it will be a much more robust and fleshed out game and system, despite being built off of Fate Accelerated.

A full book draft is available to backers in Update 3.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
The new City of Mist campaign book thing is live. It originally launched with an even more confusing structure, but now it's been streamlined to just pledge at whatever level and then pick what books you want. That said, the core book has been split into two different books, which together would cost $108 CAD before shipping, which they have yet to answer any questions about (if it's the CRAZY international shipping rate listed, it would be like 40 bucks to ship one book to me). I didn't really care for the core city setting, so I doubt I'll back for a campaign set in it.

BinaryDoubts fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 29, 2018

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Sometimes, if you happen to be looking at just the right kickstarter, you get a surprise secret Homestar Runner cartoon

This is those times.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1999933720/trogdor-the-board-game/posts/2247989

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I finally got a few of the Kickstarters I've been waiting for for a while. Founders of Gloomhaven and Root arrived in the past week, both had good production values. Also volume 2 of Steve Lichman arrived like 10 months late, which was weird because the first Kickstarter went off pretty much without a hitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Fragged Empire Dieselpunk Mecha KS just sent out PDF copies. I'm impressed by how ridiculously fast he delivered. :stare:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 30, 2018