Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if this is his first thing, he'll probably get better if he's not cancelled

seems like a big if tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

if this is his first thing, he'll probably get better if he's not cancelled

seems like a big if tho
Jujutsu actually is looking like it's gonna be the series that survives the last Jump Start. Ziga sucked and got shitcanned. Noah's Notes sadly is looking like it's on the chopping block (not great ratings, and the mangaka is apparently kind of extremely online and openly ranted when his last two serializations got canned...and he's apparently doing so again so yeah). Jujutsu came close to 30k pretty fast on its first volume and is likely getting reprints (meaning there wasn't a lot of confidence in it) which is solid. Noah's Notes didn't do too bad though either in that department IIRC so who knows.

Really, the things that should go first are the lame shougi manga, and Invade You! which is really kinda boring- they're not to their first volume yet however.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

chumbler posted:

Well, Fairy Tail 2 just got weird.

I never at any point actually disliked Fairy Tail, even in its weakest arcs, but I gotta admit I only read the first chapter of Eden's Zero out of a sense of obligation, but I'm actually really into how crazy he's going with it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TriffTshngo posted:

I never at any point actually disliked Fairy Tail, even in its weakest arcs, but I gotta admit I only read the first chapter of Eden's Zero out of a sense of obligation, but I'm actually really into how crazy he's going with it.
The thing is though is that Mashima is Mashima and he pretty much never deviates from his formula- all legitimately shocking stinger pages and twists eventually just kinda result in the status quo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Jujutsu actually is looking like it's gonna be the series that survives the last Jump Start. Ziga sucked and got shitcanned. Noah's Notes sadly is looking like it's on the chopping block (not great ratings, and the mangaka is apparently kind of extremely online and openly ranted when his last two serializations got canned...and he's apparently doing so again so yeah). Jujutsu came close to 30k pretty fast on its first volume and is likely getting reprints (meaning there wasn't a lot of confidence in it) which is solid. Noah's Notes didn't do too bad though either in that department IIRC so who knows.

Really, the things that should go first are the lame shougi manga, and Invade You! which is really kinda boring- they're not to their first volume yet however.

I'm actually ok with jujutsu continuing on. it's not amazing but it's better than most of the new generic shonen stuff I've tried recently

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I actually quite like Jujutsu. I can imagine it being a good ~100-150 chapter shounen, with the pace its on.
And I quite like the artstyle l, rough patches and all. The artist has shown they can flex their style hard when they need to.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

Noah's Notes sadly is looking like it's on the chopping block (not great ratings, and the mangaka is apparently kind of extremely online and openly ranted when his last two serializations got canned...and he's apparently doing so again so yeah).

lmao

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's sad the language barrier makes international meltdowns unknowable because I bet there are some great ones. :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
His previous axing was during Medaka Box's run and he ranted online about how trash it was and that he could do better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, medaka box was trash until it reinvented itself several times

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Kinda half sad about Noah notes.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, I really liked what I read if it. It looks like it goes more battle manga though rather than fun archeology adventures.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 17, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Those are some strong words and I respectfully disagree, I actually got less interested during the later arcs with the freshmaker and grooms.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I actually quite like Jujutsu. I can imagine it being a good ~100-150 chapter shounen, with the pace its on.
And I quite like the artstyle l, rough patches and all. The artist has shown they can flex their style hard when they need to.
For a very transparent discount NarutoxBleach it's pretty good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I mean it was kinda trash the whole way through, but the fun kind of trash.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Its a new chapter of Eden's ZeroBack To The Future

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

bondster posted:

Y'know I bet this approach will probably make some people unhappy but I'm a fan of Mashima telling you up front that poo poo is going to get bonkers, don't think too hard about it, don't take it too seriously. He seems like he's having fun with it, anyway.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Orient wrapped up its intro and established the aim of the story.

But its straight up weird that in a story with a Musashi and a Kojiro its Kojiro who is the unsure slacker type.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

bondster posted:

On a related note, the first two chapters of Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest are up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Orient wrapped up its intro and established the aim of the story.

But its straight up weird that in a story with a Musashi and a Kojiro its Kojiro who is the unsure slacker type.

Not sure if I'll keep up with this one really. Magi had a strong start but Orient isn't really gripping me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Brought To You By posted:

Not sure if I'll keep up with this one really. Magi had a strong start but Orient isn't really gripping me.

How far did you read?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

How far did you read?

All of the currently translated chapters, it just feels really generic with it's setup and Musashi himself isn't that interesting of a main character combat scythe aside.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's insane, but they have yet to do anything all that interesting with it. still, that's enough for me to continue reading it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea it's all setup right now. fairly slow paced for shonen

imfrustrtd
Apr 24, 2010
I might revive the old Helck thread for this but the first 2 chapters of Piwi are out. Best not a bird still the best.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Piwi rides a train again.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/73/page/1

I don't know how but Furuhashi has become one of my favorite characters in this manga

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Allarion posted:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/73/page/1

I don't know how but Furuhashi has become one of my favorite characters in this manga
She has been best girl for a long time now, it's just a matter of when you realize it. I think for me it was that time she punched Yuiga in the chest, but it may have been before that even.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I liked her more when it didn't seem like she'd be a love interest tbh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

I liked her more when it didn't seem like she'd be a love interest tbh

I can't comprehend someone reading this series and not realizing from the very beginning that she would be one of the love interests.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

harem? in my harem anime?

it's more likely than you think

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I mean that's par for the course really.
I still like how she's the big sister in this, trying to get this clueless idiot to learn how to deal with girls.

Also Miharu is worst girl. But I'm at least glad she fills the "sister" role, so it's less creepy than whenever his actual sister shows up.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's not like I'm surprised she's joining the harem, I just thought the dynamic was nice before

I wish more harem stories gave their characters room to interract in non-romantic ways

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

It's not like I'm surprised she's joining the harem, I just thought the dynamic was nice before

I wish more harem stories gave their characters room to interract in non-romantic ways

I agree with that, but at the same time Furuhashi got the ryokan chapter which remains the most beautiful and pure and romantic chapter of the series so far. So the other girls can kick rocks and get some non romantic chapters, Furuhashi works hard and she deserves all the happiness in the world.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
New We Never Learn.
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/74/page/1

How can this woman function? It's a goddamn mystery.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulderman posted:

New We Never Learn.
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/74/page/1

How can this woman function? It's a goddamn mystery.

Clearly this is just more proof that she needs to wed our chap, she'd die otherwise and the world would be all the worse off without a fine upstanding teacher like her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
PV for Karakuri Circus came out a week ago. I'm honestly excited for this show since it's an amazing manga series, the studio and author have been working together to hammer out what is going into it (unfortunately some plot lines have to be cut to fit the budget but Fujita is making the decisions on that), and this trailer shows they got some good voice talent for the three main characters.

Between this and Thunderbolt Fantasy this fall is going to be filled with puppets.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just hope it turns out better than ushio & tora. the cut arcs were mostly no big loss, but they had to constantly trim down fights to practically nothing. the fights were the best part of the manga!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The We Never Learn guy needs to become the teacher's house-husband.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jujutsu Kaisen update!

The main villain squad are anthropromorphized curses, the culmination of peoples hates and fears of such things as the ocean, volcanoes, forests.
Their leader is the fear and hate aimed towards other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Jujutsu Kaisen update!

The main villain squad are anthropromorphized curses, the culmination of peoples hates and fears of such things as the ocean, volcanoes, forests.
Their leader is the fear and hate aimed towards other people.

I kept meaning to look at Jujutsu Kaisen but that was the last push I needed. I'm only a couple chapters in but it's pretty nice so far. I needed another battle manga.