Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
My favorite part of D&D is the posters who believe they're disliked or discriminated against because of their politics, rather than their wholly loathsome personalities.

I cannot imagine having such a positive selfimage that your default assumption isn't that everyone hates you for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

a rat done bit my sister nell

with whitey on the mars

her face and arms began to swell

and whitey's on the mars

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

with whitey on the mars

and whitey's on the mars

friend, the solution lies in this: only black people should be allowed to be astronauts

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

friend, the solution lies in this: only black people should be allowed to be astronauts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xJzAYYrX8

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Paracaidas posted:

My favorite part of D&D is the posters who believe they're disliked or discriminated against because of their politics, rather than their wholly loathsome personalities.

I cannot imagine having such a positive selfimage that your default assumption isn't that everyone hates you for you.
Dunning Kruger is brought up a lot in contexts where I'm not sure it applies and there's a chicken and egg thing here, but a loathsome personality and a lack of social awareness often go together. Basically: less that they have a positive self image and more that that math is never done.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
gojm what anime are you keeping up with this season

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

pangstrom posted:

Dunning Kruger is brought up a lot in contexts where I'm not sure it applies and there's a chicken and egg thing here, but a loathsome personality and a lack of social awareness often go together. Basically: less that they have a positive self image and more that that math is never done.

it's probably never consdered cause everyone here is a huge rear end in a top hat so it must be something else

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

with whitey on the mars

and whitey's on the mars

faith ringgold, flag for the moon (1969)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
okay I see the die in the star field but cannot see the schooner in the stripes

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
lmao the comments:
https://twitter.com/matrix_reIoaded/status/1022642629991981057

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

People dislike me for both reasons :smugbert:.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i have officially bought a domain and started my own "business". i even have a name@companyname.org email address and i'm so excited

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

finally i am a human being in the eyes of the 21st century

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Pirate Radar posted:

http://escapepod.org/2018/07/19/escape-pod-637-at-the-village-vanguard-ruminations-on-blacktopia/

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i learned recently that there are asbestos truthers

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

exmarx posted:

i learned recently that there are asbestos truthers
lol what

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

a couple of months ago it was revealed a new standard for meth contamination (which got hundreds of people kicked out of their rental homes) was based on total bullshit, which brought some people out of the woodwork

there's also this lol

quote:

Asbestos was also used in the first forty floors of the World Trade Center north tower causing an airborne contamination among lower Manhattan after the towers collapsed in the September 11 attacks, causing Steven Milloy of the libertarian Cato Institute to suggest that the World Trade Center towers could still be standing or at least would have stood longer had a 1971 ban not stopped the completion of the asbestos coating above the 64th floor.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

exmarx posted:

a couple of months ago it was revealed a new standard for meth contamination (which got hundreds of people kicked out of their rental homes) was based on total bullshit, which brought some people out of the woodwork
omg

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

exmarx posted:

there's also this lol

lol is this because Australia is 50% asbestos by mass?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Homura and Sickle posted:

gojm what anime are you keeping up with this season

right now i'm working nine hour days with three and a half hours of commuting, so i'm not really keeping up with any of the stuff coming out except boku no hero and probably jashin dropkick

i'd like to check out the "cells as office workers" one i've heard about, but i just don't have the energy

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

business as usual

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

avshalemon posted:

business as usual

today the owner brought in her two pitbulls. absolute sweet hearts

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i love them :3:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

they're dangerous dogs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
they realized i was a sucker, so while i would be typing they'd come up and each stick their heads under one of my arms and demand pets

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

exmarx posted:

they're dangerous dogs

they push close to terminal adorable levels, but it's better to fly close to the sun

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol is this because Australia is 50% asbestos by mass?

Canada used to be the worlds largest exporter of asbestos. I think the last 2 mines were forced to shut down back in 2012.

Also Canadian mining companies might be on the same evilness scale as Nestle.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

Canada used to be the worlds largest exporter of asbestos. I think the last 2 mines were forced to shut down back in 2012.

Also Canadian mining companies might be on the same evilness scale as Nestle.

isnt there a canadian town named like asbestos city and everyone there is mad people keep showing up to mock the name

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fishmech posted:

isnt there a canadian town named like asbestos city and everyone there is mad people keep showing up to mock the name

Asbestos, Quebec.

e: I think theyre in the process of renaming the town as of this year. With any luck it becomes Poutine, Quebec.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Furnaceface posted:

Asbestos, Quebec.

e: I think theyre in the process of renaming the town as of this year. With any luck it becomes Poutine, Quebec.

God willing.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/christianmccrea/status/1022815658055061504?s=21

ah

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Someone call Burt Gummer

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Getting ever so closer to unleashing some kind of ancient plague from a glacier.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

don't bring kalstrams' manhood into this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

noted English language paper of record the Siberian times

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
ouch

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

i remembered mcbrain exists so now you have to too

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

*centrist voice* what an honorable man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

avshalemon posted:

don't bring kalstrams' manhood into this

ill curse you to become esports life coach and listen to nerds whine 8 hours per day that their new keyboard switches click at a wrong octave

• Locked thread