Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

a bitchin jetski posted:

People who do the whole "rich people are evil" bit are just losers who are looking for something or someone to blame for the fact that they can't even get a job flipping burgers because they are such failures.

If a rich person wants me to not consider them evil they can denounce Trump and the Repulican party, stop bribing politicians to get more tax cuts, stop pushing for the dismantling of the welfare state, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a bitchin jetski posted:

People who do the whole "rich people are evil" bit are just losers who are looking for something or someone to blame for the fact that they can't even get a job flipping burgers because they are such failures.

rube

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Americans deserve the level of wealth inequality we're experiencing for the simple reason that we didn't fight back against it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

a bitchin jetski posted:

Pretty much. People also throw away their futures on worthless degrees that'll get them nowhere in life, then wonder how it could have happened. Do some research in the job market you want to enter beforehand.

MizPiz posted:

Americans deserve the level of wealth inequality we're experiencing for the simple reason that we didn't fight back against it

"im 17 and stalin had a cute mustache"

doverhog posted:

stop pushing for the dismantling of the welfare state, etc.

nah thats a good thing. we don't want to print out such a mass of cash to give to people who dont want to work jobs (further making GBS threads on people who literally can not work), to the point where we completely devalue our currency. That's called "inflation"

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Jul 27, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

BUH BUH BUH THEY DID GOOD THING BUT MUST HAVE BEEN FOR BAD REASON. People I dislike cant do good for good reason, must be good for bad reason! :downs: ghoul boy

Are you having a stroke?

spit on my clit posted:

Pretty much. People also throw away their futures on worthless degrees that'll get them nowhere in life, then wonder how it could have happened. Do some research in the job market you want to enter beforehand.

"im 17 and stalin had a cute mustache"

nah thats a good thing

What happens when you do that, and then by the time you graduate that field is totally oversaturated and now you have a difficult-to-impossible time finding an entry level position?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

fruit on the bottom posted:

What happens when you do that, and then by the time you graduate that field is totally oversaturated and now you have a difficult-to-impossible time finding an entry level position?

too bad. Get a job working the natural gas fields in the middle of nowhere. two years later the price of oil drops and you lose your job. Go back to school, go into debt to learn to code. Oh too bad all that's been outsourced. Get any job you can to pay the interest on your loans. move back home. drive an uber on the weekends. Keep moving, keep hustling, never slow down or you'll die. This is your life now, and will be forever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

you get a part time job, stay with your parents or other family (and pay for gas, and rent, of course), and keep applying to literally everywhere on your off time. unless you've burned bridges with your family and friends, you're not hosed. it takes a lot of time in this situation.

Are you having a stroke?

No, there's just no point in arguing against goodbody, all he cares about is dunking on people and making up retarded hypotheticals playing to the emotions of people (like the above post) rather than putting in any effort into a response.

:qq: i hosed up my life cause i didn't consider that tech schools are a thing and the hire rate is much better from the trades they offer boo hoo donate to my patreon

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

too bad. Get a job working the natural gas fields in the middle of nowhere. two years later the price of oil drops and you lose your job. Go back to school, go into debt to learn to code. Oh too bad all that's been outsourced. Get any job you can to pay the interest on your loans. move back home. drive an uber on the weekends. Keep moving, keep hustling, never slow down or you'll die. This is your life now, and will be forever.

georgewbushthumbsup.jpg

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

some people just get hosed, there are plenty of legitimate reasons completely innocent people can get stuck working for slave wages in America

hand waving away the suffering of innocent people for the sake of ideological purity is immoral, and doing it makes you a bad person

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
there are no morals in capitalism, that's the only thing i'll agree with wrt communists

People can't see two feet in front of themselves, always just follow along what they think is good, never putting serious thought into it, then they feel its unfair when they get bit in the rear end by a snake. thats how furries were made. some people really are just born into the world in an unfair way. mentally, or physically disabled people need all the help they can get, thats where the good part of welfare begins and ends. It's not a matter of you wanting not to work, it's the matter of people who CAN'T work.

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Jul 27, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

No, there's just no point in arguing against goodbody, all he cares about is dunking on people and making up retarded hypotheticals playing to the emotions of people (like the above post) rather than putting in any effort into a response.

lol, my retarded hypothetical is literally your unironic life advice

Guy Goodbody posted:

spit on my clit posted:

you get a part time job, stay with your parents or other family (and pay for gas, and rent, of course), and keep applying to literally everywhere on your off time. unless you've burned bridges with your family and friends, you're not hosed. it takes a lot of time in this situation.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

spit on my clit posted:

there are no morals in capitalism, that's the only thing i'll agree with wrt communists

There is no system that is completely moral, not capitalism, not communism. Innocent people will always suffer. Is one worse than the other? Maybe, but we haven't seen the fabled utopian communist government they promise yet.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol, my retarded hypothetical is literally your unironic life advice

And again with the "just here to dunk on people" poo poo, you can't stop yourself from it! We got a madman here, boys

Besides, your advice is "learn to code" because you know that programming is an oversaturated market. You're literally saying people should make a bad life decision instead of making a good one, because it proves your point.

Good idea: the cheaper alternative of a trade school
Bad idea: go into a big-name college and drown in debt to learn how to write a butt in ASCII

:thunk: which one is better for my point against capitalism?

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Jul 27, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

You really have no idea do you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it makes more sense to help everyone in the lowest class of society than to try to satisfy Joe the plumber's idea of who ~deserves~ a decent life

the root of the "welfare queen" attitude is the trashy instinct to cut off the nose to spite the face, because of racism, toxic masculinity, and ego. do some fuckin self reflection

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

You really have no idea do you

idea of what? making up the shittiest, bottom-of-the-barrel story to get those facebook likes? a story of the dumbest person on earth who cant get a good job because all they can do is gently caress their own life up, which calls for the need of the government to give them cash? Or are you saying the average american really is that stupid, that there's no hope for america because their citizens need the welfare state, that they can't govern themselves as they should? Ohhhh wait no in this case it's the rich man's fault because he barged into the hospital of a sick guy and said "i'm gonna send you to hell now"

but yes, i do agree that jeff bezos is a huge piece of poo poo and if he has literally no idea what to do with his money, maybe he could donate a portion to charity or take a loving pay cut so his employees that work for him don't need to be on loving food stamps

Literally everyone deserves a decent life, but i guess if you can look at my posts from the worst angle possible it's easy to think i'm a horrible person

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

and to just throw up your hands and say "that's capitalism, everything else is worse!" is a myopic cop-out. programs can and have been implemented to improve the lot of those at the bottom

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
Mad Men was overrated and only worth watching for the comedy. The dramatic parts (i.e. most of it) were repetitive and ineffective.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Pineapple is okay on pizza at times

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The idea of being cool by dunking on people who like poo poo is really old and boring.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Neito posted:

The idea of being cool by dunking on people who like poo poo is really old and boring.

except anime though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Neito posted:

What about people who like piss?

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 13:47 on Jul 28, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Higgy posted:

The problem with a Hawaiian pizza isn't that it's bad, it's that there are so many other toppings for pizza and almost all of them are better than pineapple.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

veni veni veni posted:

The problem with a Hawaiian pizza isn't that it's bad, it's that there are so many other toppings for pizza and almost all of them are better than pineapple.

The problem with pineapple on pizza is that pineapple and pizza sauce are two different kinds of sweet flavors that clash badly with each other. Hawaiian pizzas are best done without a tomato based sauce. I recommend a light teriyaki glaze, and using slightly less cheese.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Higgy posted:

building on this; supreme pizza is garbage with too much poo poo on it. Stop at two toppings unless it's meat lovers

also i unironically enjoy the DC movies including suicide squad

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

I like Hawaiian pizza a lot. One of my favorites. I'm I a mutant?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I like bacon, anchovies, and chicken on my pizzas :colbert: pizza hutt only, fools

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Celts" is pronounced like "chelts"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Celts" is pronounced like "chelts"

incorrect

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's "kelt", like "kelp".

Unless you have some dumbarse way of pronouncing kelp.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

no it's chelt

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The “correct” pronunciation is probably /ˈsɛlt/ but as long as you’re pronouncing one of those two ways you’re fine.

Chelt is highly unorthodox, but I’ll allow it. Although counsel is advised to watch himself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Kelp is pronounced "chtelpf."

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
none of these are opinions and you're all degenerates. that's my opinion.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The only people I respect are vegans and cannibals. Everyone else is a hand-wringing centrist.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
My Unpopular Opinion is that societal and systemic issues can't be hand-waved away as personal failures.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Even personal issues often have multi-person failures.

Except for posting here. Sharing your opinions, especially when you believe they're unpopular, is such a morally disgusting act for which you and only you are guilty.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Solice Kirsk posted:

What about people who like piss?

Nothing wrong with piss

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just noticed my image wasn't showing up. Now everyone can take in my terrible joke in all the glory it was meant to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Papa johns is actually okay pizza too. It’s not my first go to but it’s plenty tasty when it’s the only pizza option