Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I want to know what the professionally told joke they were arguing over was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Professional joke/writer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Heh

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/p01arst0rm/status/1022973673026793474

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Ah, load-bearing code.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Ah, load-bearing code.

Those look like Ruby comments, good chance that you're right on the money there

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Software equivalent of a magic/more magic switch

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Excuse me sir. I believe you'll find that I am a Professional Joke Writer and therefore am funny. Not my fault you can't laugh at professional jokes. Get back to me when you get your degree in Joke Writing and your minor in Professional Joke Appreciation.

Jesus Christ. Did someone REALLY say that and mean it?

I better head out and get my posting degree so people here will take me seriously.

EDIT:

Sorry. Posting my resume here.

2007-2018: BiggerBoat*; Professional Internet Poster; SomethingAwful.com Forums
Job Duties: Shitposting; Drinking; Delivering burns; Applying Sarcasm; Image Linking; Reporting Assholes; Supervised Hundreds of Goons
Job Skills: Sarcasm, Private Messaging, Ranting About Nothing Important, Scrolling Down, Bookmarking, Italicizing and Bolding, Arguing in Bad Faith, Bias, Liberalism, Basic Emoticons,; Ninja Editing, Voting for Democrats, Complaining About Things, Pretending to be Funny; Masturbation

* references available upon request.

BiggerBoat has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Jul 28, 2018

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

BiggerBoat posted:

Jesus Christ. Did someone REALLY say that and mean it?

Well, "someone" insinuates a degree of humanity that Adams has fallen short of for some time now.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You guys just don’t understand good performance art. Adams has ascended and become the joke. Only a true master of the craft can achieve that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I posted my resume up there with an edit. Pm me. Trying to reach the level of professional shitposter so people will think I'm funny.

I'm not

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was at the Cincinnati art museum yesterday and saw this early painting of the founder of Pizza Hut.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

Those look like Ruby comments, good chance that you're right on the money there

I don't understand any of this

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Hm. Maybe there's a memory error somewhere else in the program? Like something is consistently overrunning a buffer, and writing in the memory reserved for that function? So if you take the function out it overwrites something important instead.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The # makes me think it's a scripting language (which may or may not be Ruby.) It's unlikely that memory has anything to do with it. More likely the function does something stupid like monkeypatch/overwrite an existing method and they don't understand how other parts of the code are using it. Either that or some poo poo about lazy/autoloading.

xtal has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jul 28, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No no it's load bearing code you guys the problem has already been solved.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

BrianBoitano posted:

idgi

I'm fairly certain it isn't loss

Cable Guy has a new favorite as of 03:36 on Jul 28, 2018

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Omg. You made me laugh at loss again. Good job.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Columbus was Italian

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Wendell posted:

I remember this from my Twitter feed when it happened. It was Trump saying he liked people who didn’t get captured, referring to McCain. Adams is so broken at this point that if the piss tape came out tomorrow within ten minutes he would have a ten thousand word essay on how it’s actually incredibly smart to be peed on and Trump is just playing 8 dimension chess while the rest of us are in awe of how smart he is.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Wendell posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/994974595743531009

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Columbus was Italian

So was your mom. What's your point?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Here's some recycled content because it made me laugh

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Noticed in the manual for my new back massager.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Wifi Toilet posted:

Here's some recycled content because it made me laugh

IIRC that's 100% intentional

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

MisterBibs posted:

Noticed in the manual for my old back massager.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

A Real Horse posted:

I remember this from my Twitter feed when it happened. It was Trump saying he liked people who didn’t get captured, referring to McCain. Adams is so broken at this point that if the piss tape came out tomorrow within ten minutes he would have a ten thousand word essay on how it’s actually incredibly smart to be peed on and Trump is just playing 8 dimension chess while the rest of us are in awe of how smart he is.

Just a quick note on this: the piss tape is apparently of Russian sex workers pissing on a bed that the Obamas once slept in. While it's funny to think of Trump getting pissed on, its way funnier that he is so petty and broken that he (allegedly) thought hiring people to piss on a bed Obama once used would be some huge insult.

E: Funny picture because I miss the megarule

Coq au Nandos has a new favorite as of 06:14 on Jul 28, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

MisterBibs posted:

Oompa loompa doopity dare

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The Moon Monster posted:

I was at the Cincinnati art museum yesterday and saw this early painting of the founder of Pizza Hut.

I'm one of the two guys staring at the camera all "are you hearing this poo poo he expects us to believe?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Glottis posted:

IIRC that's 100% intentional

Absolutely, yeah. I think Dale might be intended to have more of a private detective thing going on, but I'm sure they even bring attention to it once or twice.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Coq au Nandos posted:

Just a quick note on this: the piss tape is apparently of Russian sex workers pissing on a bed that the Obamas once slept in. While it's funny to think of Trump getting pissed on, its way funnier that he is so petty and broken that he (allegedly) thought hiring people to piss on a bed Obama once used would be some huge insult.

E: Funny picture because I miss the megarule

Yes that is way funnier, and also I still think Adams would write about being peed on.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MisterBibs posted:

that's quitter talk

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 07:30 on Jul 28, 2018

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Samuringa posted:

that's quitter talk

So like the old PS2 controller for Rez?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Samuringa posted:

that's quitter talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc98u-eGzlc

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ugh. Why does it always have to be cockroaches?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

I'm one of the two guys staring at the camera all "are you hearing this poo poo he expects us to believe?"

People had baller hats in those days, look at that guy with his huge slanted hat, too cool to even pretend to pay attention.

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

Looks like these pins can be ordered from here:
https://gumroad.com/fastturtle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I once found a comment along the lines of

/*
* I have no idea how this works. Ask Dave
*/

Of course, nobody could remember a Dave working there in the last ten years or so.