Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Xalidur posted:

Just using the Warmaster Divine Skill with BP Eater and the start with 2 BP skill seems faster to me. Most of them can be broken with either Thousand Spears or Liondog too, although once you get to level 65+ that's not necessary.

I'll have to give both a shot and see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Okay, I tried the Archmagus again and just played more cautiously, broke him and waited out the debuffs.

Holy cow, you guys weren't kidding about him killing himself on Reflect.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is there any JP escalation with secret subjobs or is it 2K JP for every skill?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

In the game I've got going, it's like Ophelia and Cyrus are the mom and dad, shepherding the kids through their Chapter 2s. I'm planning on giving over large parts of the weekend to getting some of the low-20s to high-20s and making sure everyone is equipped well, and that'll make the rest of this less weird.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Some Numbers posted:

Is there any JP escalation with secret subjobs or is it 2K JP for every skill?
The latter, not counting divine.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I know this has probably been asked a bunch, but where's a good place to grind xp/jp between levels 30-40? I know there's some high level forest that's great for end game grinding, but my characters are in their 30's and I wondered where everyone went to grind during that period? Wanted to get around the range where I could attempt the new subclass bosses.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Reading this article just made me want to comment on how good the music is: https://kotaku.com/the-octopath-traveler-musical-cue-i-cant-stop-thinking-1827924426 (maybe some slight Olberic spoilers)

The music in this game is very good. I'm glad they're sort of taking from the Bravely Default way of each character having their own instrument to represent them in the music.

Related Bravely Default video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgzJey4EAc (10 minutes and has some spoilers). Also Edea's theme is too good for words.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

qbert posted:

I know this has probably been asked a bunch, but where's a good place to grind xp/jp between levels 30-40? I know there's some high level forest that's great for end game grinding, but my characters are in their 30's and I wondered where everyone went to grind during that period? Wanted to get around the range where I could attempt the new subclass bosses.

I've just been picking spots that are a few levels higher than I am currently. I'm like upper 30s now and I've been spending time in a cave in the desert. Quicksand caves I think its called, its a lvl 40 area.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

I'll have to give both a shot and see how it goes.

Yeah the speed of the challenge isn't the tricky part, it's the extremely low drop rate.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harlock posted:

Related Bravely Default video:

Man I love Bravely Default's music. I think one of the reason I just couldn't get into Bravely Second might've been because the soundtrack was so much less exciting.

That feeling when a character's theme kicks in when they use a special ability in battle :getin: And then when the final boss theme incorporates all of them in this super kickass-sounding medley that leads into the game's main theme gently caress it's a good soundtrack

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 27, 2018

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Beat Starseer at last. Had a few hiccups after finally getting the dancer divine ability on both Primrose and Olphia. Once I got everyone with full reflect, the fight got manageable. Kept laughing at her spells breaking her constantly. Now whom should I give starseer to? Ready to take on the archmage next, with my party being Tressa (currently hunter), Primrose (second cleric), Olberic (merchant), and Olphia (dancer).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
If you wonder, here's my story ranks, spoilers, lot's of them, abound here:

1. Cyrus: Oh my God. His story is one of the stories that I feel was consistently good from start to finish. Heck, me pegging Lucia as the more shady of her and Yvon actually bit me in the rear end in Chapter 3 when I had to rethink and rethink my stance on all this because Yvon's role completely blindsided me due to the abovementioned "Lucia is more shady" bit. I also like how Cyrus's story didn't immediately end when Lucia was beaten as well, instead seguing into finding out why a tome like "From the Far Reaches of Hell" has been allowed to exist in the world for so long despite it being Orsterra's version of the Necronomicon/Ars Goetia. Also love that every boss Cyrus fights in his story are scholars who use what they know for unscrupulous or evil ends, and how they get progressively less human as you progress through the story. A big theme in Cyrus's story is the sharing of knowledge and how to properly make use of what you know to create a better future for humanity. It's connection to the overall story comes from the spells and rituals in "From the Far Reaches of Hell" taps into the powers of Galdera, the thirteenth God who was sealed beyond the Gate of Finis, said Gate ending up as Cyrus's next research subject as a result of preserving the tome's knowledge.

2. Olberic: Much like Cyrus, Olberic's story is one of the stories I felt was consistently good from start to finish. From protecting a small village, to fighting in a tourney to gather information, to eventually achieving catharsis against the one who betrayed his king and his kingdom, to dealing with the man who masterminded the whole betrayal, and of course to discover something to fight for. Indeed, many of the bosses in Olberic's story explicitly has something that they fight for, whether it's Gaston and his men fighting to survive another day, the tourney fighters fighting for love or for pride, the Lizardman Chiefs fighting to protect their tribe, to the tyrant Werner fighting only for himself. It's connection to the overall story comes from how Werner sought the fall of Hornburg in order to access the Gate of Finis.

3. Alfyn: Alfyn also had a pretty neat story. Alfyn's goal is to be a wandering apothecary to help those in need, and while pretty much all of his chapters are somewhat self-contained, they end up testing his resolve on this. The first Chapter, as our introduction, has Alfyn searching locating and battling a beast, because it carries the ingredient needed to cure the patient. Chapter 2 establishes why it's important to have someone that is as good-natured as him traveling around when he stumbles upon a plot of a far less scrupulous colleague. Chapter 3 deconstructs his goals and motivations when the patient he helped "rewards" his dedication and good nature turns out to be a dangerous criminal who kidnaps and almost kills a child and Chapter 4 reconstructs them and acts as a parallel to his first chapter as Alfyn heals a colleague (who's a self-confessed murderer) of the same almost incurable disease who nearly claimed him as a child by locating and battling a beast, because it carries the ingredient needed to cure the patient, showing how far Alfyn has come as an apothecary by sticking to his guns. It is of no surprise that one of it's themes is about the act of saving people, but also about the consequences that can arise if you blindly follow your instincts. And of course, it's connection to the overall story comes from how the apothecary who healed him turns out to be Graham Crossford, a very important background character... and a little more.

4. Therion: Not much to say about his story, other than that it's a rather nice story with it's ups and downs, mostly ups. Besides freedom, one of the story's main motives is trust and companionship, exemplified in many different ways throughout Therion's Chapters, whether it's the complete distrust Therion has in other people, to Cordelia's absolute faith in Heathcote of which he has proven himself to be deserving of many times over; her eventual faith that Therion that he will do as promised, going so far as to suggest that the Fool's Bangle used as the bargaining tool for Therion be removed after getting the first Dragonstone back because she, like Therion, had suffered a betrayal of trust years back and only Heathcote's unfaltering loyalty helped her move on and start trusting in others again; Ogen and Barham's falling out over the Dragonstone; Darius's constant lack of loyalty to anyone but himself, Gareth's misplaced loyalty to Darius in return, etc. etc. In the end Therion fulfills his part of the deal, having learned to trust his employers despite initially being blackmailed into helping them, not least because one of them had secretly unlocked it for him to remove at any point after the other had expressed that she wanted to do so as a show of trust towards him, and that the Dragonstones are powerful artifacts needed to unlock the Gate of Finis.

5. Ophilia: A weak beginning and alright Chapter 2, but Chapter 3 and 4 take what's practically the weakest story up to this point and redeems it to such degrees it's one of the highlights at the end. A big deal of what makes this work is Mattias who, despite being really obvious as the villain of the story, is made exceedingly good use of when it's his turn in the spotlight, having turned the village of Whispermill into a cult for Galdera, the sealed thirteenth god and driven Ophilia's adoptive sister into the deep end with the death of her father and subsequently promised to raise him from the dead. He is also much better implemented in Ophilia's story than Simeon was in Primrose's. As a note, if Primrose's story is based upon revenge and how low humans are willing to sink to achieve their wants and needs, Ophilia's story is about putting other people's needs above your own and allow your kindness to put people's issues to rest.

6. Tressa: Basically a feel-good story from beginning to end, the breather of the eight stories, but still with connections of course such as the owner of the journal she takes as a gift from Leon's treasury turns out to be have been originally owned by Graham Crossford, who in this story's Chapter 4 is also implied to be hunted down by the Obsidians, a group we will see more closely in another story. It's themes revolve around adventure, the discovery of treasures, and how objects can accrue a sense of worth by standards unrelated to monetary value.

7. H'aanit: A rather consistent story in terms of quality, the apprentice taking on the master's duty to hunt down a terrible beast known as Redeye when the apprentice finds said Master petrified as a result of Redeye's powers which gives her motivation to save one of the few things she holds dear. As a result, you can see from the bosses how she ends up improving and surpassing the master, taking down a beast who terrorized and spoiled the territory of other beasts, having been driven out of it's own home by a stronger beast; the Lord of the Forest that she explores to find her master, and a mythological beast who guards the stuff she needs to gain protection from Redeye's petrification. It finally culminates into taking down Redeye a beast of humanoid shape appearing to be composed of black shadow, who someone who can grasp the emotions of beasts cannot even ascertain a tinge of emotion of any kind to figure out it's motive and goals, whose roars sound disturbingly human whenever it roars, everything about it screaming how unnatural it is and further implying one thing: Redeye used to be human. One of the big themes of this story is the relationship between master and apprentice and how it can become familial, as well as how the apprentice learns from and eventually surpasses the master in their work. The story's connection to the story comes unsurprisingly from Redeye who (EXTREME SPOILERS!) :siren:is what remains of Graham Crossford after he was turned into a failed vessel for Galdera by the real mastermind. A hint to this particular identity comes from how one of Redeye's attacks is called "Unholy Elixir" which heals for 100 HP.:siren: Other than this, there's nothing really noteworthy about the story itself.

8. Primrose: Basically the opposite of Ophilia. Started out amazing with Chapter 1, kept a strong showing with Chapter 2, then the end of Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 hosed it up. Specifically, Simeon is what brings Primrose's story down to the level of the worst story for me. Introduced from Chapter 3 onwards, he rather suddently shows his true colors as the final target of Primrose's vengeance in a way that screams "we kinda rushed this part" and that contanimates the entire thing, leaving the story itself peetering out by the end, so much that I did Primrose's Chapter 4 first just to get it over with and get to the other, better Chapter 4s. Theme-wise, it's obviously pretty big on revenge, but another element also regards how far humans can and is willing to sink to get what they want. As for the connection, the Obsidians (yes, the same group from Tressa's Chapter 4) served as monetary backers for Mattias and killed Primrose's father because his investigations of them unearthed information about the Gate of Finis. The Crow Men are incredibly powerful members in terms of influence within the gang, and possibly it's leaders as well. But the Gate of Finis information and the Obsidians' assistance of Mattias only comes up in the lore.

Harrow posted:

Man I love Bravely Default's music. I think one of the reason I just couldn't get into Bravely Second might've been because the soundtrack was so much less exciting.

That feeling when a character's theme kicks in when they use a special ability in battle :getin: And then when the final boss theme incorporates all of them in this super kickass-sounding medley that leads into the game's main theme gently caress it's a good soundtrack

Oh my God yes! The music and how they use it in Octopath Traveler is extremely similiar to Bravely Default/Second, and that makes the already impressive music several kinds of awesome!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Speaking of Bravely, was there any substance to that rumor of Bravely Default/Second getting an HD Switch Port because Holy Moly I'd be all over that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Speaking of Bravely, was there any substance to that rumor of Bravely Default/Second getting an HD Switch Port because Holy Moly I'd be all over that.

I don't think there's anything beyond that Christmas drawing of Edea triumphantly holding up JoyCons (while leaving the actual Switch in the stocking for whatever reason).

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ok so I got all of the other subclasses now but I give up on Runemaster, I lost twice in a row when he came out of a break with Runestorm: Ice and put my entire party to sleep then continued to kill all four of them before anyone woke up. I could probably go find the artifact that prevents Sleep (I already had Resist Affliction on everyone) but also I don't want to use Primrose but do want a Dancer in my team always so I am just not going to use Runemaster :mad:

Anyway thanks for the help, the answer was really just going back and cheesing Sorceror with reflect, and then cheesing everything else in the game with Sorceror.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Ok so I got all of the other subclasses now but I give up on Runemaster, I lost twice in a row when he came out of a break with Runestorm: Ice and put my entire party to sleep then continued to kill all four of them before anyone woke up. I could probably go find the artifact that prevents Sleep (I already had Resist Affliction on everyone) but also I don't want to use Primrose but do want a Dancer in my team always so I am just not going to use Runemaster :mad:

Anyway thanks for the help, the answer was really just going back and cheesing Sorceror with reflect, and then cheesing everything else in the game with Sorceror.

deep dish peat moss posted:

(Cyrus main, H'aanit, Tressa and Ophelia)

Give Tressa Warrior and spam Sidestep/Incite so that Runelord targets her exclusively for first half.

For second half, Thief's Shackle Foe debuff and Merchant's Hired Help -> Mercenary (or whatever the cheapest option is) defense buff helps, especially if boosted. Apothecary's Rehabilitate is great to stop status effects if boosted, and will affect everyone if the Dancer's Divine is used on whoever has Apothecary. Apoth is also nice to inflict Empoison, which lets you do gradual damage to Runelord while you go a defensive style.

If you don't want to deal with Dancer's Divine, having a second Merchant to spam Sidestep and having the other two non-Merchants full of Rehabilitate stacks and the Saving Grace passive should work. Worst case scenario, if you're really desperate consider swapping in a Merchant Alfyn (as he'll definitely want Sidestep that low-level), as even with a low-level Alfyn, Concoct is that good and can give 2BP to the party, 4BP to an individual, 3000HP to the party, and 9999HP to an individual, which is fantastic with Saving Grace.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
With Runelord, I really focused on buffing Cyrus/Sorcerer.

I think I had Tressa/Cleric, Cyrus/Sorcerer, Therion/Merchant, Primrose/Scholar.

Therion/Tressa focus on being BP batteries for the crew.

Tressa would then use the Cleric divine on Cyrus. (Double Cast)
Primrose would use the Scholar divine on Cyrus. (Attack all spells now attack one instead)
Primrose would also use Peacock Strut on Cyrus (increased elemental attack).

Cyrus would then slam the boss for big spells. Spells would hit a total of 6 times. Each hit would be about 12k if guarded and 16k unguarded. Meaning that I would be doing anywhere from 70k damage to 90k damage in one turn. Then, if I had Therion ready to BP buff him again, I could do the same thing again on a second turn. So you're looking at somewhere around 140k-180k damage in two turns.

The warrior strat is fine and all, but depending on what gear you have (have you cleaned out Grandport?) and what level you are, you can basically kill the boss within a few turns. A few turns of buffing then two turns of attacking. The incite/sidestep strat was too fiddly for me, so I opted to just gently caress up the boss immediately. The hardest part of that boss is the last 50% of it's life, and so with the Cyrus strat you can blow through that in one turn.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 27, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man, I've only finished 3 of Ch4s but I can't imagine thinking the game was just over without some sort of collective final chapter and it seems insane to me that Kotaku put out a review without figuring it out.

Therion's final chapter tells you that the Dragonstones open up the Gate, Olberic learns the gate is in Hornburg, and Mattias tells you that there's a spooky dark god granting power to him. And that's JUST the three missions I've actually finished. I imagine the thing Primrose's dad found out about was the gate or something about them trying to get the gods power too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man, I've only finished 3 of Ch4s but I can't imagine thinking the game was just over without some sort of collective final chapter and it seems insane to me that Kotaku put out a review without figuring it out.

Therion's final chapter tells you that the Dragonstones open up the Gate, Olberic learns the gate is in Hornburg, and Mattias tells you that there's a spooky dark god granting power to him. And that's JUST the three missions I've actually finished. I imagine the thing Primrose's dad found out about was the gate or something about them trying to get the gods power too.

I mean even the chapter 1 stories really hardcore hint at this Cyrus's chapter 1 mentions "mysterious destruction of Hornberg" and Ophilia's makes direct reference to the "12 good gods and 1 evil god." It's not hard to put together "Oh, this is a JRPG, so we're going to kill the evil god in Hornberg, right?"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Just did Haanits chapter 3 boss. I put saving grace on everyone and then had Ophilia do a partywide fully-boosted First-Aid which gave the party 8k hp and I didn't need to heal once after that.

I love this game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chapter 2 Alfyn makes a case for best boy. I'm sorry I said bad things about you.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

I mean even the chapter 1 stories really hardcore hint at this Cyrus's chapter 1 mentions "mysterious destruction of Hornberg" and Ophilia's makes direct reference to the "12 good gods and 1 evil god." It's not hard to put together "Oh, this is a JRPG, so we're going to kill the evil god in Hornberg, right?"

Also the fact that one of the sidequests is named Daughter of a Dark God and her introduction is "Im looking for a man to give me his soul and all his blood so I can change the world" is a major thonking face moment, like come the gently caress on there's something going on here, I started in Boulderfall and was suspicious of that conversation until I found out it was a prerequisite for the ending which didn't surprise me at ALL. The fact that the guy listed his playtime at 32 hours tells me probably did not do many sidequests.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Beat the arch mage. Now which one should I kill next since the seer dead as well

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rirse posted:

Beat the arch mage. Now which one should I kill next since the seer dead as well

Beating runelord makes warmaster a totally free fight so I'd recommend that

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Went to Evenhold found a quest npc looking for a fencer for a play. I had Olberic with me, had a sensible chuckle at how it played out, then I decided to load my game and see how it went with H'aanit. This game is absolutely amazing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Maybe it's because all my characters are level 65-70, but is it just me or was Cyrus's chapter 3 boss hilariously easy?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe it's because all my characters are level 65-70, but is it just me or was Cyrus's chapter 3 boss hilariously easy?

I'm gonna go with it probably being that you were almost double the recommended level

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

I thought the chapter 4 bosses were all pretty easy and I did them with all of my characters <60, 65-70 will demolish everything

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I went around and got the advanced jobs and leveled up a lot from the enemies in those dungeons before I did the chapter 4 content.

I kinda shattered the difficulty of the final bosses and skipped many of their later phase mechanics.

I did Cyrus's chapter 4 boss first after I got sorcerer and maxed it out on him after spending saved jp. I also got runelord on tressa.
I broke it once and slaughtered it nigh-instantly after stacking the sorcerer, scholar, and cleric divine skills on cyrus.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Defeated the True Final Boss. Various thoughts:

I kept thinking the whole time that if only I hadn't given Kit that grape, none of this would have happened! Funny joke, but I like the way that the stories all tied together through Lyblac's machinations.

I ended up needing three attempts to kill it. My first try was immediately after beating my last Chapter 4 with levels in the low to mid 50s and it did not go well. I came back at 70 and did pretty well, but died to the second phase due to the sheer damage output. Tried again with a team shuffle (mostly Saving Grace on everybody and two healers in the second group) and beat it. My parties were:

1:
Cyrus/Sorcerer
Alfyn/Merchant
H'aanit/Warrior
Tressa/Runelord
Strategy: Make everyone's weapons glow and do lots of damage, Hired Help and the Hunter Divine helped with breaking/AoEing adds. Cyrus' light rune chases were htting for 32-40k, but Tressa was no slouch at ~24k. Alfyn removed status effects and otherwise funneled BP. I didn't need to heal too much thanks to breaking.

2:
Olberic/Warmaster
Therion/Hunter
Primrose/Cleric
Ophilia/Scholar
Strategy: Spam buffs/items/heals to let Olberic and Therion use their Divine Skills every turn. Olberic was seven levels higher than everyone due to beating up countless NPCs, so his blade was truly unbending. The damage in this phase is crazy and I'm not sure how you're supposed to survive without Saving Grace on everybody. (I had Saving Grace on everybody, about as much damage output as conceivable, and I still came close to wiping several times).

It was a ton of fun and very satisfying. Certainly the most difficult final boss I think I've ever encountered in a JRPG, including things like Etrian Odyssey postgame bosses. And I appreciated how subtle (but not unknowable) the "main plot" ended up.

Overall, my favorite characters were Cyrus and Olberic, with Primrose and Tressa in second place. That corresponds pretty closely to which stories I liked the most as well, although I felt that (very vague spoilers but hiding just in case) Primrose's story came apart a bit at the end after an amazing first two chapters, while Ophilia's slow-starting story got excellent in its last two.

This was a great game. If I had to pick a single best thing about it, I'd cheat with a pretty encompassing choice: presentation. The graphics, music, timing and mixing of the music, combat voice overs, etc, just made the whole thing so drat engrossing even in aspects where it was objectively basic. I was happy to let myself be won over.

And I'm already thinking about alternate ways to try playing on future playthroughs...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I'm halfway through the endgame boss rush and while it's insanely easy with my loadout if I fail I'm just looking up the ending. How the hell did they not put a save point during this. What were they actually thinking

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I dunno, a long boss rush straight into a brutal final boss is like the most classic JRPG bullshit I can think of so it seems fitting to me.

At least it's not FF3 where you get an entire final dungeon with no save point before the last boss. :v:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Harlock posted:

Chapter 2 Alfyn makes a case for best boy. I'm sorry I said bad things about you.

Wait for Chapter 3. He still has a lot to learn.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I dunno at this point I just admire the sheer audacity of super-long no-saving boss rush final battle. At a certain point I just can't help but respect it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only Chapter 2s I've done so far are Primrose, Therion, and Tressa so I'm excited about how people like Ophilia/Cyrus/Olberic go. I saved Olberic for last on recruitment but his story seems it might go interesting places and he's a genuinely strong as gently caress character.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

just started this, i feel like i'm being generic and boring by picking Olberic as my protagonist but I just enjoy being a giant dude who gets in bumfights with absolutely everyone

though i'm not sure if it's worse that i can challenge a tavern wench to single combat or that she could completely kick my rear end if i did so

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I've seen a lot of praise for Tressa, but here's a thought- Cyrus is the raddest man to ever live

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finally beat my first advanced job. Now how exactly does Transfer rune work. Is it just her own self-buffs, or can I cast reflect on her to party reflect?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yinlock posted:

just started this, i feel like i'm being generic and boring by picking Olberic as my protagonist but I just enjoy being a giant dude who gets in bumfights with absolutely everyone

though i'm not sure if it's worse that i can challenge a tavern wench to single combat or that she could completely kick my rear end if i did so

Enjoy! Have fun dueling, but advice. Dont grind. Especially your main guy. They will be OP soon compared to your other pals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Tae posted:

Finally beat my first advanced job. Now how exactly does Transfer rune work. Is it just her own self-buffs, or can I cast reflect on her to party reflect?

Transfer rune is cast on the caster, then any buffs they cast just get applied to everyone. Kind of similar to the dancer divine spell, but only usable on the runelord themselves. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with reflect, but then again, I've only ever used it with sidestep/rune buffs.