Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Welp if a short google search is correct, you can’t get the blueprint analyzer if you’re playing an old save file.

Piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

yeah idk why there isnt a spaceship store. maybe you can only find exotics by trading with aliens, but there should be a store for basic ships and for selling old ships.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

i fell through the floor of a freighter i was visiting and died - everything around freighters seems bugged to heck and back

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Every gaming site on the planet right now is like "OMG No Man's Sky is good!!!1!".

I loaded up the game I bought like two years ago. No, everything is still janky as gently caress, broken and frustrating, with the most transparently pointless Sisyphean treadmill this side of mobile gatcha games.

Before I uninstall is there anything in multiplayer worth checking out or is it just slowly collecting Russian nesting dolls of resources together?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Once you have a fleet you can recruit frigates. They can be landed on and they can be walked on, but don't seem to have any inside areas and can't be customized. I think that's where some of the space shots in the NEXT trailer take place.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, 18 hours into the game and I've enjoyed maybe half of them. About 50 percent of the game works and the other half is janky as gently caress. I wanted to like this thing but gently caress

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

here's my exotic ship. on an airless world cause I had a quest to take a photo there.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

juggalo baby coffin posted:

here's my exotic ship. on an airless world cause I had a quest to take a photo there.

I like your korvax

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've been playing NMS for... gently caress me, 47 hours since release of NEXT, and been having a blast the whole time despite running into a few not-terribly-harmful-but-definitely-wtf bugs

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mad Wack posted:

i fell through the floor of a freighter i was visiting and died - everything around freighters seems bugged to heck and back

if you accept a mission in a freighter you dont own and immediately turn around to run to the hangar theres a very good chance this will happen

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
My 18 hour save is jacked. I just built two microprocessors for the overseer in the base building portion and the game tells me to use a teleporter to head back to my base to see the overseer, but the icon for the overseer is just floating in space in an entirely different system. When I talk to the overseer at the base, the only options available are to ask about Vy'keen or my fate. I really don't want to lose my A class capital ship or exotic ship but I just blew through 13 launch fuel canisters trying to fix it.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i think most of the useful bps for base stuff come from the base missions that start once you build one of the round rooms

I think you're right, I noticed I got the "Expand Your Base" questline as soon as I built one of those. And if I recall from pre-NEXT, I think the landing pad was deep in that line.

Ciaphas posted:

I've been playing NMS for... gently caress me, 47 hours since release of NEXT, and been having a blast the whole time despite running into a few not-terribly-harmful-but-definitely-wtf bugs

:same: I can see why some people wouldn't like it, though. I don't mind the grind as long as I have a short term goal to work toward. I break my play up into sessions with a specific purpose and then it doesn't seem quite so futile.

Of course, now I think I might be boned 18 hours into this save, because I tried to be clever and build a floor under my base computer. Now, the first time I've teleported back to it, I'm stuck in the wall/ceiling on top of the base computer because the game spawns you on top of it when you teleport back, instead of positioning you in front of the dang teleporter in your base.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just found an abandoned space station and holy lmao

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Bloodplay it again posted:

My 18 hour save is jacked. I just built two microprocessors for the overseer in the base building portion and the game tells me to use a teleporter to head back to my base to see the overseer, but the icon for the overseer is just floating in space in an entirely different system. When I talk to the overseer at the base, the only options available are to ask about Vy'keen or my fate. I really don't want to lose my A class capital ship or exotic ship but I just blew through 13 launch fuel canisters trying to fix it.

i had to restart my 10ish hour save and now im making sure i have backups

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay so I managed to get myself a freighter, and I can't access the build menu. I'm pressing up on the controller d-pad (I'm on a PS4) but it just makes a clicking noise and does nothing. Is this a bug still? Do I need to be in a specific spot? I've been all over the place.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

IAmTheRad posted:

Guys. I have something very important to let you all know.

I am Iron Man Ferrite Gek.

Nice kitty here kitty

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

you know I'm all about loading those shaders

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

bgreman posted:

Of course, now I think I might be boned 18 hours into this save, because I tried to be clever and build a floor under my base computer. Now, the first time I've teleported back to it, I'm stuck in the wall/ceiling on top of the base computer because the game spawns you on top of it when you teleport back, instead of positioning you in front of the dang teleporter in your base.

Just wanted to note that I was able to rescue the save by using the save editor to manually update the JSON file to tear the roof off that mother.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, I am unconditionally buying a next chapter if they rebuild the whole walking and flying aspect, and if they rework the menus (Destiny wasn't a good inspiration). I am missing Elite Dangerous flight model in this game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is there an upgrade that makes the Analysis Visor scan flora/fauna faster? Thing is so drat slow.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

shortspecialbus posted:

That's only part of the story. The problem is there's no fundamental difference between the behavior of Normal sentinels and "Passive" (or rare or whatever the other low-sentinel levels are.) They are always on you when you first land on a planet, and they're everywhere and you have to run from them. They all attack you if you mine when you're in sight, even the "passive" ones which isn't at all passive. They also never stop attacking you even if you kill them instantly unless you hide in a building (or sometimes a cave that you dig but that's not always reliable, they've phased through the ground to get me.)

The even worse problem is if you're being hunted by sentinels and you go off into space. Then you have to get back to a planet and hide in a building because they will never go away, ever. You can kill them and just get more. There's no hiding from them in space whatsoever.

The issue is that all sentinels go perma-aggressive if they see you mining and your only recourse is to hide. That's stupid.

I've been attacked by Sentinels a couple times and this is just not true, at least not for the passive ones. If you run away from them, a timer appears and counts down. When it reaches zero, the Sentinel loses interest and calms down.

They're also kind of dumb, if they notice you mining, they at first just fly into your face and scan you with their weird light show. You just have do nothing, or slowly back away, and they won't attack. Then as soon as they move on, you can go back to mining. Just don't just ignore them and mine while they're right there angrily scanning you. :v:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is there an upgrade that makes the Analysis Visor scan flora/fauna faster? Thing is so drat slow.

Yes there are.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i never noticed before how the tail of the exotic ships opens up when it flies:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Bloodplay it again posted:

I created a new base in a different system, went back to the old base, deleted it, used the terminals at the new base, and it fixed the broken quest. Took about an hour to get the materials to build structures, terminals, doors, etc. but it beats restarting.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Heyyyy apparently you can harpoon a welfare Star Destroyer in Korvax systems.

Truly in awe at the size of this lad

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Waffle House posted:

Heyyyy apparently you can harpoon a welfare Star Destroyer in Korvax systems.

Truly in awe at the size of this lad

:flashfap:

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I braved a horrible frozen hellplanet with near-constant horrible blizzards and got a stupid trade item recipe priced at 2 million units as a reward.

I later realized I could camp a space station docking bay and buy the ingredients for it infinitely as they can spawn in the random NPC sale inventories and sell the finished product at a silly profit margin. Now I am stupid rich and never have to worry about money again. Thanks, frozen hellworld and silly NPC restock system.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Virulence posted:

I braved a horrible frozen hellplanet with near-constant horrible blizzards and got a stupid trade item recipe priced at 2 million units as a reward.

I later realized I could camp a space station docking bay and buy the ingredients for it infinitely as they can spawn in the random NPC sale inventories and sell the finished product at a silly profit margin. Now I am stupid rich and never have to worry about money again. Thanks, frozen hellworld and silly NPC restock system.

The reward is not the credits, the reward is the travel.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Hey cool they broke the drop pods in the new ps4 patch! Twice now I've done all the repairs and it won't give me my upgrade.

Drop pods: y'know, the thing that have been working in this have since day 1 :thumbsup:

Also the "rebuild your archived base" quest is broken as hell, too.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So does the welfare freighter only count for one person if playing in two-player co-op? We both jumped into the system at the same time, we both got the combat event thing, and only one of us got the communication from the captain afterwards.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Duke Chin posted:

Hey cool they broke the drop pods in the new ps4 patch! Twice now I've done all the repairs and it won't give me my upgrade.

Drop pods: y'know, the thing that have been working in this have since day 1 :thumbsup:

Also the "rebuild your archived base" quest is broken as hell, too.

Why would you repair a drop pod, just join random games infinitely. couple mil later 48 backpack slots and full tech slots

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Chewbot posted:

Every gaming site on the planet right now is like "OMG No Man's Sky is good!!!1!".

I loaded up the game I bought like two years ago. No, everything is still janky as gently caress, broken and frustrating, with the most transparently pointless Sisyphean treadmill this side of mobile gatcha games.

Before I uninstall is there anything in multiplayer worth checking out or is it just slowly collecting Russian nesting dolls of resources together?

Nah just uninstall

I'm on the lookout for tiny adorable ships that look like flying shopping carts. I saw one but missed my chance to get it and now I'm waiting for another one to spawn in my home system. Ship customization/selling would be an excellent feature to add

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay so I managed to get myself a freighter, and I can't access the build menu. I'm pressing up on the controller d-pad (I'm on a PS4) but it just makes a clicking noise and does nothing. Is this a bug still? Do I need to be in a specific spot? I've been all over the place.

For me it works in the area just outside the bridge, after you've gone up all the stairs to that area. To the left and right I'm able to place Frighter rooms (like the mission room) and all sorts of stuff. I think that's the main area to build on the freighter, possibly the only one.

Also after having one super long game completely borked a long time ago shortly after the NMS launch, and then starting another game and getting 30 hours in, I'm already way ahead of the success I had in either game after only 7 or 8 hours. Nearly 100 million units on hand ,a totally free freighter on hand (boy was that a fun surprise when that happened), a real nice ship upgrade, the only thing I need to really improve is my exosuit slots, hyperdrive, and really build out a base and bam I'm right back to where I was.

I don't know if it'll get patched out, but I found a station that was selling both the components to one of the 2 million unit trade goods right in the station. It costs around 500k to buy both and they restock 25 at a time, so that turned into truly insane profits the likes of which I've never seen in No man's sky, 40 million units just for doing simple trades and crafting in the same station. And here I thought I'd stumbled on the gold mine when I started harvesting larval eggs from the monsters.

The moral of the story is pick up those crafting recipes from manufacturing centers early and often, and then work on making those a reality since it's one hell of a moneymaker. It's such a relief to not have to worry about money and be able to throw it around on all the basic resources I want, saves so much time both harvesting those resources and grinding out the classic green special goods to sell to the market.

Taking the "not more language" option at ruins can be very profitable too, the lowest I've gotten from the historical artifact it led me to is about $600k and I've gotten one worth as much as $9 million, so it's worth the time to me. Or it was before I lucked into infinite easy money.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
It's also neat that just scanning animals gives you nanites. So if you run low, just jump to a couple new planets and scan wildlife.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Azhais posted:

Why would you repair a drop pod, just join random games infinitely. couple mil later 48 backpack slots and full tech slots

Because I didn't know this was a thing until, oh, say 10 seconds ago. :allears:

Here's another fun thing: drop pods might not actually be broken - I think I'm actually maxed out - but far be it from the game to tell you that, nah it'll just take your resources as a dumbass fee :allears:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Your bug finding friend DaveKap here to report a cool new... eh... not really a bug but something fuckin weird.

Go and hit Enter to bring up chat. This is a case sensitive command! Type "build" and watch the word THROB as it, for some hosed up reason, keeps switching between "build" and "BUILD"
Weird right? There are some other words that do this in a similar fashion, something like "this" or "that", I can't remember, but it'll jump between "this" and "This" as if the game wants to remind you to capitalize the start of the sentence.
Watching this happen, I thought back to the last bug I found and decided to type "treasure" and, lo and behold, it throbbed between "treasure" and "Search" If you missed it, naming a planet "treasure" actually renames it to "search" after the upload is complete.

There is some weird fuckin poo poo going on in this game's code!

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Azhais posted:

Explain please

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Azhais posted:

Likewise I'd like this spelled out since it'd save me plenty of heartache. I did once get a suit upgrade by spending units, it sounds like it was when I was in multiplayer. Even if that changes it to a straight unit purchase though is there a way to find drop pods quickly and smoothly in multiplayer?

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
What are the go-to upgrades in the first 10 hours for ship and suit? I have shopping paralysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
What I've determined is that when you join a multiplayer game you always start right by a space station so you can land then go into the suit upgrade shop and buy a new slot then save and quit, join a new game and repeat. The price goes up each time though so it will end up costing a fortune.