Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

drat! That car is all Allentown'd up.

Allentown resident; can confirm this is an accurate post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
This loving season.

Jimmie Johnson,

20 starts, 5387 of 5708 laps completed (94.4%), 15 laps led

Win: 0 ( 0.0%) Average start: 19.8 Average finish: 15.2
Top 5: 2 ( 10.0%) Top 10: 7 ( 35.0%)
DNF: 3

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DEMAG posted:

This loving season.

Jimmie Johnson,

Jimmiebot needs a patch.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

or a Ford or a Toyota.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Jimmie is out of support warranty.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Someone call Lowe's and see if they have any parts in stock.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Jimmiebot needs a patch.

Jimmiebot went end of life, sorry 😔

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Someone call Lowe's and see if they have any parts in stock.

Well you better hurry, this is the last year you can!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DEMAG posted:

This loving season.

Jimmie Johnson,

God bless us all, everyone.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
He will win the Cup without winning a race and it will be amazing

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

maffew buildings posted:

He will win the Cup without winning a race and it will be amazing

This would be The Best Worst Option.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Ungratek posted:

It's weird to me with the playoff points now. I think it would work better if they went back to the 10 race no points reset, but you brought your playoff points in. Right now playoff points are way, way too useful. I understand that it's supposed to make the regular season useful, but it is so much that they may as just get rid of the playoffs because 2 or 3 drivers are going to skate to the final anyways.

I actually think we're beginning to see the fruits of the new points system. The stages (and the associated points) have added a sense of urgency during the race that I think is beginning to connect with fans. I would make some slight changes to the final race of the year, but overall I think that the changes have begun to work.

Looking at those old points systems makes me want to understand the thought process that went into them. From 2018, those points systems are so bad that they're comical. How could anyone think that they were good ideas? It's also really interesting to me that this fact is NEVER mentioned. Over the years, all of us have picked up on little factoids mentioned here or there during the broadcast, or have a parent that shares factoids, but the fact that NONE of us had any idea about this craziness makes me think that NASCAR has really gone out of its way to never talk about it. At some point you would think that someone would have mentioned something about wacky points systems, but I've never heard it.

Someone should tweet what we found to Dale Jr. He loves the history of the sport and I'm sure that he would love to dig into it. I mean, if we can PROVE that Michael McDowell would have won a championship, that's worth mentioning.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Let's take this great idea and just SQUASH IT RIGHT NOW! :confuoot:

quote:

On if he’ll be making a phone call to Tony Stewart in the near future to tell him that NASCAR is putting an Xfinity or Cup race at Stewart’s Eldora Speedway, France said: “Probably not going to have that phone call any time soon. The schedule is pretty full. He’s done a great job of running Eldora and other things he’s doing in the dirt track stuff, so good for him.”

He's not even coy about it to give people hope and maybe draw attention, he's just "no, no, we're not doing this thing".

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/07/25/brian-france-france-family-locked-and-loaded-in-its-dedication-to-nascar/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

Let's take this great idea and just SQUASH IT RIGHT NOW! :confuoot:

He's not even coy about it to give people hope and maybe draw attention, he's just "no, no, we're not doing this thing".

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/07/25/brian-france-france-family-locked-and-loaded-in-its-dedication-to-nascar/

I would love Tony to come out and say "We have the room for Cup and Xfinity."

Of course, them going to Eldora would require them dropping *checks notes* Bristol, and we can't have that.

(Drop Chicago #1, thanks and gods bless)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

I would love Tony to come out and say "We have the room for Cup and Xfinity."

He already did the day before the race, which is what France was responding to.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
To be fair to Senor France the tracks are locked in until 2020, and they haven't talked about dropping any or making any new space.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Watching Xfinity practice, they keep telling me how popular NASCAR is getting again and how the BIG 3 are doing so much to fuel that.

Ok guys.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I mean, Dale was kind of a big deal in the 3

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BIG 3!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

maffew buildings posted:

Watching Xfinity practice, they keep telling me how popular NASCAR is getting again and how the BIG 3 are doing so much to fuel that.

Ok guys.

:ughh:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

maffew buildings posted:

Ok guys.

everything is fine! please buy us!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Pocono practice pointed out how this is actually super cool and good with the BIG 3 becaude in other sports like basketball (Bird, Magic, Jordan) there were BIG 3(S) that dominated and look,how popular they are!

No, I don't smell smoke, you're just stroking out!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm dog sitting and was looking forward to a day of races, then saw (gently caress) Kyle Busch is on the pole for trucks and decided I'm not watching that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gently caress Kyle Busch the bushwhacker

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Busch and Harvick failed post qual inspections so they're in the back tomorrow, #19 is on the pole and will win!

Just kidding, Big 3 :)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

maffew buildings posted:

Busch and Harvick failed post qual inspections so they're in the back tomorrow, #19 is on the pole and will win!

Just kidding, Big 3 :)

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1023338117187743748?s=19

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1023340678259073025

:laffo:

I wonder what they caught this time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1023346217747722240?s=19

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Xfinity was good today.

Then again, Iowa is criminally underrated as a track if you ask me.

Also, this is a starting grid:
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1023366134219853824

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is getting hilarious:
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1023377678508982272

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Is NASCAR just finally deciding to enforce things or are the teams really that far out there

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Is NASCAR just finally deciding to enforce things or are the teams really that far out there

Part of it from what I've gathered on Twitter is that because it's a two-day show, inspections were after qualifying instead of before. Normally they would've had to pass before even making a lap.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I don't understand why they couldn't inspect before quals then just impound the cars, but whatever.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

maffew buildings posted:

I don't understand why they couldn't inspect before quals then just impound the cars, but whatever.

The penalties are not severe enough to discourage cheating, so I don't think it really matters. The teams will push it to the limit knowing that NASCAR won't be a team for the race. Qualifying doesn't really matter anymore, so this is what we get.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

maffew buildings posted:

I remember there being some issues when they did this for a while. I seem to remember an impound race at Talladega where all the go-or-go-homers had qualifying setups and everyone in the top-35 qualified with regular race setups. Something like the top 12 times were outside-the-top-35 teams so the guys who qualified 9 - 12 didn't race.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'd prefer Elliot wins before Harvick

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Number 10 running into the 4 was Cool And Good

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JFC Bubba :ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Was that as ugly as it sounded on the radio? They're describing pieces of car wedged into the safer barrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Fifteen years ago he would have been a potato.

Unbelievable accident.