Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Longman ONP preferences still going to ALP for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Yessssssssssssssssss

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

PHON preferences split relatively evenly in 2016 I think.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lol libs hosed

Anidav posted:

but newspoll changed their algorithm to make them go to the liberals :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

But the Canberra press gallery told me that Bill Shorten was unpopular.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Wait she went to Lakemba and not a story on Dodgy builders or our fat kids?* Nine is slipping, probably those leftist rags from Fairfax are to blame.

*A nine and Fairfax special report.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten is the luckiest mother fucker on earth I think we can all agree here.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

Bill Shorten is the luckiest mother fucker on earth I think we can all agree here.

Labor held seats staying Labor when Labor is winning on 2PP nationwide and the sitting members were kicked out for dumb reasons isn't good luck.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah having these by-elections with the MSM gradually throwing a spanner against Shorten is absolutely lucky.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

lel

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This has clearly been treated as a trial run for the next federal election. If Labor hold these seats with a swing towards them despite Newscorp doing their best against them how long until we see a challenge against Turnbull?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lol labor are gaining primary vote and liberals are losing them

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

gucci bane posted:

Fremantle By-election trip report:
-An old woman almost reversed her 4wd into me and I had to hold my horn down for her to stop
-There was no BBQ, just two kids selling cupcakes (I avoided eye contact)
-Several Labor supporters and heaps of signs, only one green and one Christian whatever

My booth had millions of Labor signs and had 3-5 people volunteering in the morning.

I had a great chat with the Labor people, the two I was standing near were union organisers and apparently friends of my booth captain. The members of the general public ranged from okay to incredibly rude. One guy made a cross sign with his fingers and hissed at me like I was a vampire.

There was also a bloke from Tasmania who claimed the greens nuked their economy and that's why he moved to WA. Mate if giving the slightest of fucks about the environment meant industry didn't go ahead, maybe the jobs weren't as economically viable as you thought they were.

My booth was amongst the toughest crowd in the Perth electorate for the Greens. We had almost the lowest primary vote in the electorate and I think the people are a bit more hostile to all the parties than you might get at other booths because so few parties bother going doorknocking in the northern end of the electorate. But eh, it was an otherwise okay experience.

I think I'm going to get hammered tonight at the afterparty, I'm so tired of all this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I find One Nation interesting in that Liberal votes go in and Labor votes go out.

In Queensland the LNP tried avoiding flirting officially with One Nation and lost the election and now the Federal party has tried to flirt softly with One Nation and still lose out.

It just seems like the LNP will suffer so long as One Nation exists.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

I find One Nation interesting in that Liberal votes go in and Labor votes go out.

In Queensland the LNP tried avoiding flirting officially with One Nation and lost the election and now the Federal party has tried to flirt softly with One Nation and still lose out.

It just seems like the LNP will suffer so long as One Nation exists.

John Howard figured this out back in the day and sent Tony Abbott to deal with it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1023141124322390016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

cursed image

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1023142400393244674

Bonham and a few others on pseph Twitter have been hammering the "seat polling is poo poo" message for a while too.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

But what does this mean for Bill Shorten's company tax leadership Albo Needs Tony?

froglet posted:

One guy made a cross sign with his fingers and hissed at me like I was a vampire.
lmao that kind of owns, the worst I ever got was an angry old bald man saying how we wanted to let communists and gays in and identified as an altrighter.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Another big win courtesy of Bill Shorten's popularity and charisma.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/abcadelaide/status/1023127332289110016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Remember the last election night where Turnbull didn't show up till past midnight and then had a complete meltdown on stage?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
"The ... contest is between me and Bill Shorten as the prime minister and the opposition leader... it’s really about the people of Longman deciding whether they want to vote for Bill Shorten ... Turnbull said."

This has aged perfectly.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/declangooch/status/1023135592815546368?s=21

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the Liberals are shifting the goalposts back to minimise the significance of tonight's results.

"The test for the government was whether people were out with bats to give the government a real kick," Liberal MP Trent Zimmerman said on the ABC, arguing voters were not out with brickbats.

Christopher Pyne also made the point there was no overall swing to Labor in Braddon - in fact there may be a small swing to the government - which bucks the usual trend in byelections.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxAEll95Sgw

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Trent from LNP just tying himself in knots trying to make out the LNP is poor and ALP GETS MONEY FROM UNIONS.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Reminder that ABC Corp predicted ALP to lose.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
super close election. i think green called it like 30 minutes after poll close

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Lmfao channel nine reporter says the liberal party won't concede Longman because they reckon their numbers will bounce back.... 26% pri at 41% counted.

We were watching ghostbusters btw not Nine coverage specifically

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Aesculus posted:

But what does this mean for Bill Shorten's company tax leadership Albo Needs Tony?

lmao that kind of owns, the worst I ever got was an angry old bald man saying how we wanted to let communists and gays in and identified as an altrighter.

I had a guy say 'stick it' but he was talking to everyone handing out htv's. Mind you, I was incensed nevertheless.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Anidav posted:

Reminder that ABC Corp predicted ALP to lose.

my fav part of the night was when they crossed to longman lib hq and the reporter said “no supporters here just media“ and i just started laughing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

G-Spot Run posted:

Lmfao channel nine reporter says the liberal party won't concede Longman because they reckon their numbers will bounce back.... 26% pri at 41% counted.
There are a shitload of postal votes and furthermore

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the media are trash and no ones listening to them any more

personally i blame the NBN

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Journalists repeating the line that the West Australian campaign was "flying under the radar"; yeah because you weren't interested.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This postal vote line is pathetic.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

Nah having these by-elections with the MSM gradually throwing a spanner against Shorten is absolutely lucky.
Newscorp is poisoning your brain

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Haha Alexander Downer is so loving salty and entitled. Knowing people who live in the Adelaide Hills, it's great seeing him do his best to alienate them entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

From a narrative perspective I feel he is quite lucky. Seperate from voting results a usual opposition leader would Crean themselves if they had the few prior weeks Shorten had.

• Locked thread