Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Alaois posted:

is "Ecks Twenny Three" really that much more of a mouthful to say than "Wolverine"

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3 syllables beats 4 every time.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Synthbuttrange posted:

3 syllables beats 4 every time.

Who-lev-err-in-e

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 12, 2018

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I guess the price to pay for Laura not getting her development erased by a new writer is the Cuckoos getting their characters obliterated instead.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I never liked Wolverine as a name for her because everyone in the books kept telling her that she was "the Wolverine". Like they were trying to convince me, the reader, of it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

For the upcoming reboot, I'd like to see:

- More soap opera character work stuff. But like, well executed this time, instead of being a thin echo of Claremont. Guggenheim's attempts at this were charmless and clunky. I'd like to see someone who could do it well.
- A smaller team. So many ensemble cast team books are absolutely stifled in decompressed comics - without thought bubbles and narration boxes, you really don't have the room to give like, seven or eight characters each a moment every issue. Give me like five characters and really focus on making them interesting and giving them personal stories.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Also let Rachel and Kitty get together, or explicitly state that Storm is bisexual, or something, I just wanna see some gay stuff. Even having Mystique cameo to say, oh, by the way, Destiny was my life partner and we were in love would be cool.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alaois posted:

is "Ecks Twenny Three" really that much more of a mouthful to say than "Wolverine"

X-23 is choppy, rhythmically-speaking: "eks" is close to a full-stop and with the close pair of "T"s in 20, you get a staccato meter that just takes more work and is less pleasant than a world with a lot of soft, open sounds like "Wolverine."

Android Blues posted:

Also let Rachel and Kitty get together, or explicitly state that Storm is bisexual, or something, I just wanna see some gay stuff. Even having Mystique cameo to say, oh, by the way, Destiny was my life partner and we were in love would be cool.

In the words of Kate Leth; make it gay you cowards.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I've always mentally referred to her as 'Wolverperson'.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
RandalloDim, a goon on discord, opened my eyes to something.

Dinosaur.

dinoSAUR

dinoSAURON

SAURON

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gynovore posted:

I've always mentally referred to her as 'Wolverperson'.

Someone post the panels where they talk about hulks and thors.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Covok posted:

RandalloDim, a goon on discord, opened my eyes to something.

Dinosaur.

dinoSAUR

dinoSAURON

SAURON

Sauron explicitly names himself after the big bad in The Lord of the Rings because he was just reading those books and thought they were cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

John Byrne is apparently drawing an "alt-history" version of X-Men picking up after Uncanny #137 and "publishing" it on his fan forum.

https://www.newsarama.com/40823-john-byrne-returns-to-the-x-men-in-alt-history-elsewhen-run.html

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

John Byrne is apparently drawing an "alt-history" version of X-Men picking up after Uncanny #137 and "publishing" it on his fan forum.

https://www.newsarama.com/40823-john-byrne-returns-to-the-x-men-in-alt-history-elsewhen-run.html

Uhh, am I following that thread right? It just starts out with a battle wrapping up then Wolverine immediately trying to spank a teenage Kitty Pryde? I mean, it's a great idea for a project to throw up on the internet but holy poo poo get someone else to write it for you please.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://www.newsarama.com/40841-x-men-black-series-coming-this-fall.html?utm_source=notification

Can't wait for X-Men Pink!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

davebo posted:

Uhh, am I following that thread right? It just starts out with a battle wrapping up then Wolverine immediately trying to spank a teenage Kitty Pryde? I mean, it's a great idea for a project to throw up on the internet but holy poo poo get someone else to write it for you please.
That does appear to be what's happening

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

With Wolverine's cool new catchphrase, "I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be at what I do."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

What a douchebag.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So now Blue and Gold are gone and we have Red and Black? Just make one X-Men and the other Uncanny X-Men.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

So now Blue and Gold are gone and we have Red and Black? Just make one X-Men and the other Uncanny X-Men.

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN'!!!!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm just waiting for Marvel to hire me so I can write X-Men Summers which is Cyclops, Havok, Jean, Cable, Rachel, Corsair, and Ruby on vacation together.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm just waiting for Marvel to hire me so I can write X-Men Summers which is Cyclops, Havok, Jean, Cable, Rachel, Corsair, and Ruby on vacation together.

drat, Hope left out in the lurch, she'll remember that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

drat, Hope left out in the lurch, she'll remember that

Hope is off pranking Stryfe by leading him to terrible vacation spots. And even if Gabriel shows up they'll all ignore him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
More X-Men Black info

https://www.newsarama.com/41036-x-men-black-unveiled.html

quote:

The books' creative teams are: Emma Frost (Leah Williams/Chris Bachalo), Magneto (Chris Claremont/Dalibor Talajic), Mojo (Scott Auckerman/Nick Bradshaw), Mystique (Seanan McGuire/Marco Failla), and Juggernaut (Robbie Thompson/Shawn Crystal).

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

A Claremont Magneto oneshot could either be really good or awful, but I'll definitely be reading it either way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Android Blues posted:

A Claremont Magneto oneshot could either be really good or awful, but I'll definitely be reading it either way.

Let's not even act like it has a chance of not being poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It will be fine.

Especially if it’s a one shot meaning he has to not go full Claremont

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't know the series was one shots, that was sounding like a very difficult series to write with 10 people on it.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Scott Aukerman mojo is a must read for me

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Rhyno posted:

Let's not even act like it has a chance of not being poo poo.

Magneto feels like one of the few characters Claremont could still write well, but then a few years ago I'd have said the same thing about Nightcrawler.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yo just inject that Mojo book into my veins

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd like to hope the Emma book is a start putting her back to being on the side of angels, if not Angel himself.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I feel like going full Claremont requires you to be contracted for at least ten years on a given title, so.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Dawgstar posted:

I'd like to hope the Emma book is a start putting her back to being on the side of angels, if not Angel himself.

Well, this is the awesome lady who is writing it: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1013646989882519552

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endless Mike posted:

So he's mad he didn't get asked to do his own X-Men Forever, and decided to make his own with blackjack and hookers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

So he's mad he didn't get asked to do his own X-Men Forever, and decided to make his own with blackjack and hookers?

Pretty much. I hope he tries to make money off it because Disney crushing him would be an excellent cap to his career.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He tried this years ago with X-Men: The Hidden Years, didn't he?

Talked about how he wanted to retcon out Magneto's history as a Holocaust survivor, apparently just to spite Claremont.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

Talked about how he wanted to retcon out Magneto's history as a Holocaust survivor, apparently just to spite Claremont.

Yeah. And he also rather promptly whizzes any goodwill he might have had by dicking around in the Savage Land for what feels like a lifetime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yes but he was actually being paid to do that by the company that owns the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've never read The Hidden Years, but wasn't that just a bunch of stories that were intended to take place during the hiatus of the X-Men comic? This is intended to replace comics that were published.