Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Archonex posted:

I am starting to wonder why the hell the old White Wolf franchises keep attracting so many horrible people though. At this point it's becoming a bit ridiculous.

I was lucky coming up in gaming because I literally avoided all these types until after all the End Times stuff dropped. I was fortunate to play with well adjusted if not slightly edgy people at times that were just trying to cut loose and introducing my friends in high school to pen and paper gaming through Vampire.

I've always preferred the old stuff just because of the big part it played in my life. But then again we just played to be spooky monsters engaging in spooky monster politics and indulging some power fantasies. Just kinda bums me out the direction people seem to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

The first review (the teylen one) is awful. It reads like a parody of those terrible 'objective videogame reviews' where it details the number of pages, the amount of color per page, the amount of sidebars.

Also, uh-

That picture is in one of the reviews and- is that from the book because y i k e s

Sion fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 27, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That second review makes it sound pretty bad. Best thing I got out of it is that they're not real Nazis, just dudes who dress up in a Nazi uniform and say cuck a lot to get a rise out of someone. Everything is stuck in the 90's

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Congrats to CCP on officially become the good company to buy WW. Judging from that review and snippets there really is nothing of value in this entire edition.

On a positive note Geist KS is almost over. It's already doubled the initial goal and the last part of the manuscript will be out on Monday. The rules are still in a bit of a rough state but playable. It's shaping up to be a much stronger game than first edition.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sion posted:

The first review (the teylen one) is awful. It reads like a parody of those terrible 'objective videogame reviews' where it details the number of pages, the amount of color per page, the amount of sidebars.

Also, uh-

That picture is in one of the reviews and- is that from the book because y i k e s

Why does it look like they're holding an exploding World Trade Center in their hands?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AnEdgelord posted:

Why does it look like they're holding an exploding World Trade Center in their hands?

Because they are in fact doing that.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kurieg posted:

Because they are in fact doing that.

follow up question:

Why are they holding an exploding WTC in their hands?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

follow up question:

EDGE

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Holding an exploding WTC in my hands to own the libs

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AnEdgelord posted:

follow up question:

At first I just thought it was low level zine art and then I saw it and welp. :yikes:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Holding an exploding WTC in my hands to own the libs

edit - Loose Changeling

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So yeah that's official art in the core book.

Hey Martin, remember when you said that Old-White-Wolf were pussies for not trying to immediately pounce upon the Twin Towers attack?

This is not how you do that.

This is not at all how you do that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They saw Delta Green mentioned 9/11 and no one blew up over that so clearly that means it was safe to go all in

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurieg posted:

Hey Martin, remember when you said that Old-White-Wolf were pussies for not trying to immediately pounce upon the Twin Towers attack?

I wish I could work up the surprise.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm assuming that's related to the fact that in their meta-story 9/11 happened and then the War on Terror/Homeland security lead to a bunch of companies stumbling across vampires during their increased espionage. 9/11 made things worse for vampires is part of the story.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Vampires did 9/11

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

:c00lbutt:

quote:

No room for lore, but plenty for fashion, graffiti, and the mechanical differences between protected and unprotected sex. No that’s not a joke. That’s in the book. They actually wrote down how it’s different when a vampire has unprotected sex versus what they call “raincoat level.”

…the Vampires!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Supposedly that passage is actually discussing vampires passing diseases betweeen each other when feeding from the same human? or something? But it intentionally uses sexual terminology to make things really confusing and a hosed up metaphor.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sion posted:

edit - Loose Changeling

Nice.

Speaking of Changeling, when does the physical version come out?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nice.

Speaking of Changeling, when does the physical version come out?

Typically there's a month or two delay for fans to catch any errors in the PDF that can be fixed before it gets sent off to the printers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That gif of Ralph Wiggum rolling down the hill, forever.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I remember once I had an idea for a Technocrats game or something where mission 1 was going to be getting beam-ported in to react to a pop up incident and what I was not gonna directly tell the amalgam was, that they were gonna be stopping 9/11 day 1, mission 1.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
vampires did 9/11

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

There's a lot of things wrong with the picture. But most of all it's just cheap shock value. Like literally cheap. It's not even a proper photomanipulation. Someone printed out a picture of 9/11, cut it out, then did the same with a bunch of other pictures of skyscrapers, then crumpled them slightly, stuck them into a pile of sand in someone's hand, then took a picture.

I know White Wolf shittily piggybacked on real world tragedies before but they were usually at least somewhat fictionalized, and all of their art back then was hand drawn. This is a picture of people dying, you can't see the bodies, but gently caress off if that's your defense. Also It's not 1992 anymore. Game companies need to be better than this.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Kurieg posted:

There's a lot of things wrong with the picture. But most of all it's just cheap shock value. Like literally cheap. It's not even a proper photomanipulation. Someone printed out a picture of 9/11, cut it out, then did the same with a bunch of other pictures of skyscrapers, then crumpled them slightly, stuck them into a pile of sand in someone's hand, then took a picture.

I know White Wolf shittily piggybacked on real world tragedies before but they were usually at least somewhat fictionalized, and all of their art back then was hand drawn. This is a picture of people dying, you can't see the bodies, but gently caress off if that's your defense. Also It's not 1992 anymore. Game companies need to be better than this.

I love the idea of some graphic artist scrolling through a google image search of '9/11' and going 'no, no, no, no- bingo.'

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
ive been following Vampire 5e for some while and uh :stare:

ok so will I still be able to get the Onyx Path POD stuff months/years from now? also, is Wraith 20th going to be available in the near future?

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
The best part about the 9/11 picture is its so poorly done you have to kind of stare at it for a while to realize its trying to be a provocative edge of edginess, and not just someone on deviantart awkwardly holding some magazine cutouts.

Also, and I say this as someone who at one point in his life owned multiple pairs of leather pants, that brujah picture just makes me feel embarrassed. It just screams "white suburbanite imagines street toughs".

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm gonna be honest, I'm finding it hard to get over the cardboard cutout of 9/11

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Like, at first I thought it was a pretty effective "control of the world slipping through my fingers" image, until I realized what part of it was, which is not only tasteless horseshit but also just muddies whatever point it seems to be making.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I'm finding it hard to get over the cardboard cutout of 9/11

Name/post game strong here.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Desiden posted:

The best part about the 9/11 picture is its so poorly done you have to kind of stare at it for a while to realize its trying to be a provocative edge of edginess, and not just someone on deviantart awkwardly holding some magazine cutouts.

Also, and I say this as someone who at one point in his life owned multiple pairs of leather pants, that brujah picture just makes me feel embarrassed. It just screams "white suburbanite imagines street toughs".

It looks like the cast to a musical which honestly isn't a bad idea, Vampire is still the game of theater kids.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
If it turns out there's an underlying message of "Okay, well, all the evil old ancients are gone and this is what they were holding everyone back from doing before." I could see it working out. The idea that many of the vampires are basically kids that just got the entire house to themselves works as an intro theme, what with everyone throwing caution to the wind and...Well, just read that article about fashion in the review. If there's some sort of great hunt on to gently caress up the undead using terminology like that is a bad idea.

But this just seems really half baked and meant to appeal solely to dated /pol/ forum regulars only. Hell, they even added "Cuck" as a sample character to choose from when looking for NPC's to interact with for feeding/killing. :stonk:

The only thing I see this getting is laughter and derision outside of an extremely small (yet admittedly often equally extremely vocal) group of people who will somehow interpret this to be political in some way and act defensively for it. And even then, it's even odds that many of them will just roll their eyes or simply not care and move on to more important things.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 28, 2018

Lost_Heretic
Feb 16, 2016

Archonex posted:

Hell, they even added "Cuck" as a sample character to choose from when looking for NPC's to interact with for feeding/killing. :stonk:

EDIT: Wait, is cuckold not a word that can be used anymore? (cuckold is on page 403, used per the dictionary definition)

Lost_Heretic fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 28, 2018

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lost_Heretic posted:

EDIT: Wait, is cuckold not a word that can be used anymore? (cuckold is on page 403, used per the dictionary definition)

Well, 'cuckold' itself is fine. 'Cuck' tends to paint you with the channer crowd.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Dawgstar posted:

Well, 'cuckold' itself is fine. 'Cuck' tends to paint you with the channer crowd.

Honestly, at this point nobody uses "cuckold" except those guys. It's kind of famous as their issue, because they think being a cuckold is the worst possible insult and nobody else gives the tiniest poo poo.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, at this point nobody uses "cuckold" except those guys. It's kind of famous as their issue, because they think being a cuckold is the worst possible insult and nobody else gives the tiniest poo poo.

Pretty much just them and the 'actually I means a bundle of sticks' crowd.

Lost_Heretic
Feb 16, 2016
This sounds like some internet poo poo that I don't even want to know about.

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

Lost_Heretic posted:

This sounds like some internet poo poo that I don't even want to know about.

Short version: the internet ruins things because of memes, and even when used in grammatically-correct fashion, it's derided as LOL MEME.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's not about grammar; it's about this being a concept that literally only gators give a drat about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I appreciate the thread icon change.