Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

charlesthehammer has read the manga, everyone hates him in that thread too

everyone hates him everywhere

This post was uncalled for, he hasn't done anything that would make it okay for you to post this, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goku doesnt have brain damage he just got amnesia when he hit his head

hes normally that stupid

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Amnesia is a deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma.

So by definition...

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

goku doesnt have brain damage he just got amnesia when he hit his head

hes normally that stupid

don't be silly, the son of a great scientist wouldn't normally be that stupid

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

Explain Raditz, then.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Brother Entropy posted:

I imagine a Saiyan scientist is just anyone who comes up with an idea that isn't "just punch it even harder"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

thetoughestbean posted:

I imagine a Saiyan scientist is just anyone who comes up with an idea that isn't "just punch it even harder"

What we think is brain damage, for a Saiyan is actually extremely high levels of intelligence. Goku for them would be beyond a brilliant scientist, he'd be the greatest mind of his generation.

Sadly he's on Earth so we just see him as a brain damaged idiot that loves his food and bloodsports. Here the greatest mind is his pointy-haired best friend's wife.

I'm not sure if I can call it an improvement but it fits really well.

Now to listen to it for every single episode even though it's the kind of song that gets tiring really fast.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I found a new poster for the movie

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That Michael Cera walked out of a nightmare that I had once

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1021342733913358337

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Aww. :3:

(I’m not watching season 3, I just saw this post and popped in to post this.)

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yep that tracks with what I said no movement at all until the very end. I guess points for making it official rather than ignoring it.

Disappointing but not surprising shonen gonna be a shonen

Just once I would like to see a shonen not do that.

JoJo, always more JoJo, friend

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Aww. :3:

(I’m not watching season 3, I just saw this post and popped in to post this.)

You fool

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

Also, Froppy is bad at math

Is it wrong in the Japanese lines, as well? I wasn't sure if it was just a typo in the Crunchyroll translation, since I have not read the manga.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
E: ~*not the manga thread*~

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 27, 2018

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

The spoilers for this chapter are pretty cool.

We finally get to see some if the other One for All bearers, and apparently that extra origin manga coming with the movie that Horikoshi did twice the work he was asked for shows Nana's death.

Wrong thread.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I blame my phone. Maybe edit that out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Aw yis, my man Sero getting some action in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wow, it turns out that the students of the greatest hero school in the country have gotten stronger since we saw them on TV several months ago.

Go figure.

Also I said this in the manga thread, but Camie really feels like Horikoshi just decided to draw a Bleach character.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 28, 2018

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Waffleman_ posted:

Wow, it turns out that the students of the greatest hero school in the country have gotten stronger since we saw them on TV several months ago.

Go figure.

Also I said this in the manga thread, but Camie really feels like Horikoshi just decided to draw a Bleach character.

Also isn't this mostly second/third-years against UA first-years? Gives the audience tension but man imagine being third-year and getting wrecked by first-years.

I'm also liking Inasa Yoarashi real introduction this episode.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Waffleman_ posted:

Go figure.

The students who have publically been attacked by villains in that period of time, no doubt sparking growth the way it did the first time they had a villain encounter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I was more responding to the other students being somewhat surprised that Class A had gotten better, since they were so sure they knew everything they could do from watching the festival.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I was more responding to the other students being somewhat surprised that Class A had gotten better, since they were so sure they knew everything they could do from watching the festival.

I was supporting that point, saying they really should have known better, given 1-A was just involved in another public villain incident. Granted I'm sure All Might sapped thoughts of that away.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I hate when my skin turns grey when I have no clothes on.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Sero channelling his inner Mineta there.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kitiara posted:

Sero channelling his inner Mineta there.

He's still upset over the finals.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ularg posted:

Also isn't this mostly second/third-years against UA first-years? Gives the audience tension but man imagine being third-year and getting wrecked by first-years.

I'm also liking Inasa Yoarashi real introduction this episode.

He looks like a Trigun character.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I hate when my skin turns grey when I have no clothes on.

Censorship is one hell of a drug.

I can get why it was done but man, I could only focus on how bizarre that looked.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So is she actually supposed to be naked? I figured it was some kind of wetsuit and they were just being weird about it. She seems to be pretty much the same as that girl with the needles as far as her interactions with Deku go, so I can't say I'm particularly excicted about this character.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
it was just full-on naked in the manga, no wetsuits or anything.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

She's not only totally naked but also naturally so fast and skilled that even Full-Cowl Deku couldn't fully keep up with her movements. It's an important indication that even without enhancement Quirks there are students who can keep up with Deku's level of speed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Inasa's quirk was pretty awesome to see animated

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

tornado guy kicks rear end

ninja who can throw things and make them bigger has a cool rear end quirk

lady who rubs herself seductively against her enemy and begs to get to know them and gets naked to use her quirk to no avail kinda sucks

2/3 isn't bad

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Pretty sure Todoroki going up against team ninja is filler. But I don't mind. I'm glad to see them expand on this. It makes sense.

Goo girl looked weird. but I'm pretty sure this is broadcasting censorship. It'll probably be changed for the bluray release.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

lady who rubs herself seductively against her enemy and begs to get to know them and gets naked to use her quirk to no avail kinda sucks

Also, does she have two quirks? The transformation, but also she was doing the psychological invisibility thing while fighting Deku. Like she vaguely said it wasn't a quirk but come on.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Also, does she have two quirks? The transformation, but also she was doing the psychological invisibility thing while fighting Deku. Like she vaguely said it wasn't a quirk but come on.

I guess ninja techniques are a thing in MHA's universe.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

gmq posted:

I guess ninja techniques are a thing in MHA's universe.

Stain was pretty much a ninja so yeah

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

This means that Deku could have been ninja batman if he had stayed quirkless. :argh:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah to be exact she is just hiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

CharlestonJew posted:

Stain was pretty much a ninja so yeah

And Aizawa is actually literally a ninja. No amount of shapemetal nonsense explains the stuff he does with that scarf.