Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Azhais posted:

Anyone had an issue with all freighter expeditions being grayed out, and if so do you know how to fix it? I can't run missions at all currently

Fleet expeditions reset every 24 hours so if you finished them all you have to wait until the next refresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

3 posted:

Fleet expeditions reset every 24 hours so if you finished them all you have to wait until the next refresh.

Some were greyed out as soon as I started, like one combat mission.

Can you only do 5 total? I might have done 5 total of random trade missions?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czo3yO-wzYU

: toot:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Why after 8 hrs in game I still didn't get the freighter thing? :negative:

I keep roaming about with my Signal Booster but I haven't found anything significant so far. Yeah, a couple of crashed fighters (that I cannot summon on a station so :wtf: ??!!) but most of all... where is the goddamn antimatter blueprint? And why they don't sell it at the station's terminals (antimatter, not the BP)? :argh:

Love this game.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 28, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

froody guy posted:

I keep roaming about with my Signal Booster but I haven't found anything significant so far. Yeah, a couple of crashed fighters (that I cannot summon on a station so :wtf: ??!!) but most of all... where is the goddamn antimatter blueprint? :argh:

Love this game.

You get antimatter blueprints after your first jump to another system, IIRC. You get a free freighter a bit further into the quest chain.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

You get antimatter blueprints after your first jump to another system, IIRC. You get a free freighter a bit further into the quest chain.

Now I'm stuck with a frikken mission asking me to feed 8 species of animals. I refuse even to google how the gently caress I could do that. :colbert:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

froody guy posted:

Now I'm stuck with a frikken mission asking me to feed 8 species of animals. I refuse even to google how the gently caress I could do that. :colbert:

Get close to an animal, have X (10-20ish) of whatever they want to eat, hold interact. You may have to chase them down to finish feeding them.

The one I’ve fed wanted carbon but in older saves I’d seen silicate elements and I think one was Iron so you’ll have to be quick to see what they want before they run from you.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

froody guy posted:

I keep roaming about with my Signal Booster but I haven't found anything significant so far. Yeah, a couple of crashed fighters (that I cannot summon on a station so :wtf: ??!!) but most of all... where is the goddamn antimatter blueprint? And why they don't sell it at the station's terminals (antimatter, not the BP)? :argh:

Love this game.

The Welfare Freighter that you save from pirates comes after you get a hyperdrive; with your signal booster you'll only find Crashed freighters, which are good for buried treasure only. iirc like above you get Antimatter from your basic starter questline; kinda wish they'd just give it to you out of the gate...

froody guy posted:

go harvest some ferrite dust and then go hold (E) Interact over them. They'll do a little omg food animation.

KINDA WEIRD THAT YOU FEED ANIMALS ROCKS

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 28, 2018

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
So how does item duping work? I recently lost like 1000 copper to a bug and I'm not keen to do the legwork to go mine it all again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

Get close to an animal, have X (10-20ish) of whatever they want to eat, hold interact. You may have to chase them down to finish feeding them.

The one I’ve fed wanted carbon but in older saves I’d seen silicate elements and I think one was Iron so you’ll have to be quick to see what they want before they run from you.

Ha ha, what? So on my base planet there are these giant stalkers who eat those hellish expensive gravitino balls, does this mean I could hand over 10-20 of those things and one of these monsters would eat them and become my friend, too? :allears:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Also, did you know if you plop down a message sphere to try it out you can never EVER remove it or change the message? If you can I sure as hell don't see how. It told me it cant be removed and I can't delete the message. So now I have a stupid message spam me in the middle of my screen every time I move around my base. That is amazing design.

yeah this apparently a PS4 bug? I dunno. I found this out the hard way too. the only way I’ve found to delete it was to build a SECOND one right next to the first one, leave the system, then reset the game and come back. when i did that both of them had vanished and haven’t come back since. ymmv though this might just be a wholly unrelated glitch that worked in my favor

tbh i was playing multiplayer with a friend last night and we agreed it’s kind of fun how insanely buggy it is. it’s such a peculiar combination of buggy and esoteric design that half the time when something goes wrong you’re not sure if it’s a bug or just a bizarre design decision that isn’t explained. it makes me nostalgic for weird half finished PC poo poo we used to play in college

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Waffle House posted:

The Welfare Freighter that you save from pirates comes after you get a hyperdrive; with your signal booster you'll only find Crashed freighters, which are good for buried treasure only. iirc like above you get Antimatter from your basic starter questline; kinda wish they'd just give it to you out of the gate...

I have the hyperdrive and I'm already in my second system (well, first jump) but I simply got 1 unit of antimatter as a reward during the quest line so now I was expecting to find the BP or to be able to purchase it at terminals but :nono:

I hope that the feed-my-alien-pets-mission is not working as a blocker. Can I ditch it?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Is there a good list of poo poo I should keep vs. poo poo I should sell immediately? Since the Next patch I've become a mats queen :ohdear:

My inventories between maxed suit sits, bug fighter, freighter and storage boxes are a mess now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The NPC that gives missions also let's you dismiss them.

A quick glance at the galaxy map doesn't seem to show much improvement. I still can't just see a list of places I've visited and select them as targets? The game is already tracking them, you can see them in you Discoveries and you can generally see them on the map if you find them, so why not just let me select them from a list. So much of this game still seems designed around pointlessly wasting your time. Like how you can refuel a refiner with a click, but you can't fill the input with a click, you have to hit X. Or inventory management in general really. Also there is no upload all button for discoveries. There is an upload all stellar discoveries button, but that only uploads the planets, not the contents OF those planets. Went on a massive scanning spree? Well now sit there left clicking and hitting E a bunch of times because uploading requires two buttons instead of one. Also gently caress mousewheels! You will scroll with buttons! BUTTONS MORE BUTTONS FOR EVERYTHING. I'm shocked walking doesn't involve pressing buttons for each leg.

Duke Chin posted:

Is there a good list of poo poo I should keep vs. poo poo I should sell immediately? Since the Next patch I've become a mats queen :ohdear:

My inventories between maxed suit sits, bug fighter, freighter and storage boxes are a mess now.

I generally toss anything I can easily make from common materials if I need space. Other things I sell, even if I am not sure what they do, because so far nothing seems both rare but also important to keep.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Also there is no upload all button for discoveries. There is an upload all stellar discoveries button, but that only uploads the planets, not the contents OF those planets. Went on a massive scanning spree? Well now sit there left clicking and hitting E a bunch of times because uploading requires two buttons instead of one.

woah what the gently caress. i’ve just been hitting upload all. are you telling me I’ve got a ton of unclaimed nanites?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mandrel posted:

woah what the gently caress. i’ve just been hitting upload all. are you telling me I’ve got a ton of unclaimed nanites?

The prominent upload all button in the lower left only uploads all planets, you also have to hit the separate upload all button for animals, plants, and points of interest- for each planet. And if you got all the animals on a planet, you have to hit a separate "yeah I got all the animals" button for the bonus. It's really bad.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

At this rate they might as well add confirmation buttons for every button, and a multilevel EULA for each item you buy off the market.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NowonSA posted:

I don't know if it'll get patched out, but I found a station that was selling both the components to one of the 2 million unit trade goods right in the station. It costs around 500k to buy both and they restock 25 at a time

Yeah this is like they built in a way to get tons of money because they realized people like me don't play Creative because there's no sense of ~immersion~ but also don't want to be saving up for 60 hours just to buy a cool spaceship

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Oh cool, a moon caught in the middle of a planet's rings!

I'm going to have to go down there, too, because the first step of the Artemis questline is where the ring slices through the planet. I bet it's gonna look awesome!

oh poo poo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

ShadowedFlames posted:

gently caress those wailing eggs.
Come to an abandoned base with a bit of carbon and a base module. Plop down base module. Built 4 walls around a cluster of whispering eggs. Pop eggs and gather their juicy $$$ innards while the monsters all clamor at the 4 walls you built. Repeat for each cluster? Make 7 million.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mandrel posted:

Yes, but nanites are by far the easiest thing to get in this game. You shouldn't need to (ever?) bother uploading that stuff. I have like 2,000 nanites right now and I've been buying every blueprint and rerolling tons of Upgrade Modules. Seriously nanites are super easy to get.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Once you get upgrades going, nanites become easier and easier to get. But early on scanning can make the difference between getting a sweet S tier upgrade and not.

Question: Is the weird buzzing static hum thing I hear a space anomaly? Is there an easy way to find where the damned thing is? I found it by accident but had to reload my save. Hitting my ship scanner isn't doing poo poo.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

precision posted:

Yes, but nanites are by far the easiest thing to get in this game. You shouldn't need to (ever?) bother uploading that stuff. I have like 2,000 nanites right now and I've been buying every blueprint and rerolling tons of Upgrade Modules. Seriously nanites are super easy to get.

yeah I just spent close to that much on a bunch of S upgrades but there’s more poo poo I want

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

DaveKap posted:

Come to an abandoned base with a bit of carbon and a base module. Plop down base module. Built 4 walls around a cluster of whispering eggs. Pop eggs and gather their juicy $$$ innards while the monsters all clamor at the 4 walls you built. Repeat for each cluster? Make 7 million.

Thanks!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's hard to know what's a bug and what isn't. Like, is it a bug or a feature that the guys in space stations aren't selling new blueprints yet? Do I need to advance the story? If so, which one?!

Also, when/where do you ever find Emeril and Cadmium? I have the plans for Emeril and Cadmium Drives but I have literally never seen those elements in the New Universe and I have played 30 hours since NEXT patched.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

DaveKap posted:

Motherfuck. Biggest problem I've had is that the goddamn ball rolls away, the pickup icon is extremely fiddly and I end up getting donkey punched by horror so I have to run away, at which point the loving larva despawns :argh:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I have stumbled into an ancient temple with six keys and three gravitino balls (two of them underground). Sentinels this time did not follow the me into the tunnels I excavated. (Probably because they didn't even see me picking up the balls).

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

precision posted:

It's hard to know what's a bug and what isn't. Like, is it a bug or a feature that the guys in space stations aren't selling new blueprints yet? Do I need to advance the story? If so, which one?!

Also, when/where do you ever find Emeril and Cadmium? I have the plans for Emeril and Cadmium Drives but I have literally never seen those elements in the New Universe and I have played 30 hours since NEXT patched.

One of the colored drives only needs base level mats. I forget which one. Build that, visit that colored star, and collect the element for thr next drive from the planets there. Rinse and repeat until you have them all.

Alternatively, buy ships that have them pre-installed. You can get them cheap if you only care about the colored drive and nothing else.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I think I might be stuck unless someone knows how to resolve my current issue. I got my freebie freighter, but when I take my ship off from it it clips into the ceiling and becomes trapped in the geometry instead of leaving through the bay doors.

It seems to think I’m on a planet instead of a freighter. Can’t warp or hyperdrive(?) due to freighter proximity. Have tried warping with the freighter itself hoping it would be resolved in a new system, but even though the warp drive is 100% it says I have no fuel. Tried making a manual save in someone else’s game, loading that crashes the game. Not sure what to do - poke around in random player lobbies until it’s fixed?

I wanted to spend a few hours tonight with this game and this happens like 15 minutes after firing it up for the day. :( I COULD restart but managed to do some item duping and have max inventory slots in all my suit tabs, which goes a long way toward soothing my annoyance with the more grindy parts of the game.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Motherfuck. Biggest problem I've had is that the goddamn ball rolls away, the pickup icon is extremely fiddly and I end up getting donkey punched by horror so I have to run away, at which point the loving larva despawns :argh:
On top of building the walls, you can also mine 1 or 2 large spheres under the eggs and do like 4-5 eggs at a time while they all fall into the little hole you dug underneath for easy pickup. The only time this doesn't work is when the eggs are on top of the flooring outside the building, at which point the larva love to glitch out due to interpenetration issues and sometimes fall through the earth.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Funkmaster General posted:

One of the colored drives only needs base level mats. I forget which one. Build that, visit that colored star, and collect the element for thr next drive from the planets there. Rinse and repeat until you have them all.

Alternatively, buy ships that have them pre-installed. You can get them cheap if you only care about the colored drive and nothing else.

This doesn't work! I had a ship with the Blue Star upgrade and visited many Blue and Red stars and still never saw Emeril or Cadmium.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

precision posted:

This doesn't work! I had a ship with the Blue Star upgrade and visited many Blue and Red stars and still never saw Emeril or Cadmium.

Red stars = Cadmium
Green = Emeril
Blue = Indium

Scan the planets in the system from space and the element should show up corresponding to star type; you mine them from deposits like you would with something like copper or cobalt. Also they convert to chromatic metal increasingly well, with indium giving you 2 for every 1 you put in the refinery and activated indium giving you 4 for every 1.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

3 posted:

Red stars = Cadmium
Green = Emeril
Blue = Indium

Scan the planets in the system from space and the element should show up corresponding to star type; you mine them from deposits like you would with something like copper or cobalt. Also they convert to chromatic metal increasingly well, with indium giving you 2 for every 1 you put in the refinery and activated indium giving you 4 for every 1.

No seriously guys, I've been to a LOT of Red, Blue and Green stars (if you have the Indium drive you don't need the Emeril or Cadmium) and never saw Emeril or Cadmium listed in a scan of a planet. So I'm just insanely unlucky? :mad:

I have found plenty of Indium but I don't have the blueprint for that drive.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
(image from Reddit) some guy is making Vice City on the PS4 version :stare:

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Saved a freighter from pirates, accidentally right clicked out and didnt get my free freighter. 4 hours later still haven't run into another under attack again. :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sipher posted:

Saved a freighter from pirates, accidentally right clicked out and didnt get my free freighter. 4 hours later still haven't run into another under attack again. :(

Same. Feels bad, man.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

limaCAT posted:

You can downgrade uranium to ferrite as well and you can also convert Iron scrap to ferrite dust.

You can but the scrap to dust conversion rate is like 5:1, for 150 scrap + fuel you get the same amount of dust as mining like 2 small rocks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of which, if you ever need a bunch of Ionised Cobalt, look for Vortex Cubes, they give you 1 Tetra Cobalt along with the Cube and 1 Tetra Cobalt gives you like 250 Ionised Cobalt (it also sells for a lot)

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
This is interesting. Not a sure thing, but at least it's been worked on.

https://twitter.com/RaYRoD_TV/status/1021858661776416768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like it is better to just sell rusted metal.

precision posted:

I don't think they get new blueprints. If they were locked I feel like you would see them but wouldn't be able to buy them.