Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

You gotta Kool-Aid man it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

peanut posted:

You gotta Kool-Aid man it.

Which part is alive, the jug or the kool-aid? I mean, he's not called Pitcher Man.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Which part is alive, the jug or the kool-aid? I mean, he's not called Pitcher Man.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:bisonyes:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

immoral_ posted:

I assume defenestration is the only way in or out.

It is only a 2D image, seen from another perspective it looks like they'd fit pretty well with the traditional scandinavian house, a long rectangle or square.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

So the first photo goes like this...

Concrete beam
Random hunk of concrete
Railroad tie
Concrete foot thing they use under decks in the south

all held in place by gravity with no physical connection between any of them
To me it looks like:

Beam
Hunk of Concrete
Another, Large Hunk Of Concrete
Railroad Tie
Foot Thing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

immoral_ posted:

I assume defenestration is the only way in or out.

I was puzzled by that too. I think this must be a rare rear view of The House That Every Kid Draws.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

there wolf posted:

I don't think it was ever actually a Pizza Hut. It's in the middle of a neighborhood, and the proportions seem off for the iconic red roof.

I pass by one of these in a neighborhood on my way to work. Same exact roofline as a Pizza Hut. Very similar landscaping. Evidently this was a 'thing' in the very early 70s.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Today in what the hell, previous owner: we take a look at these weird slabs of tiling that were used to line the bathroom walls.

Ah. Looks like they were... just glued into place? And the part that flaked the wall off makes it look like... it's not concreteboard backing?

The tub must be better, right?

:stare:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is that contact adhesive?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Was. Was that contact adhesive?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
:j: "Oh hey, that's not so bad. Kind of ugly and cracked, but it should be easy to put in a new floo-..." *scrolls down* "...Oh. Oh no."

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
That tile looks loving diseased.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm not sure what'd be better:

Demolish the plaster, get new plaster and start again?
Scraper, respirator and several gallons of IPA for a deep clean?
Sod it, just tile over it and save it for the next sucker who goes underneath there?

Interested to know how you dealt with this.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm not sure what'd be better:

Demolish the plaster, get new plaster and start again?
Scraper, respirator and several gallons of IPA for a deep clean?
Sod it, just tile over it and save it for the next sucker who goes underneath there?

Interested to know how you dealt with this.

Cut it out and new drywall. You will never get all that adhesive off without destroying the integrity of what's there.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Seriously, on my phone it looked like human tissue.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

big dyke energy posted:

That tile looks loving diseased.
OH poo poo GUYS ITS SPREADINNNNNGGGG-

My wife wants this poo poo gone before we put in new flooring and i'm terrified of what the tub framing will look like. I can't stress how hilariously terrible the whole thing is, from the way it's all jenga'd on each other to the fact the thickness was off at a wall corner so the fix was to layer plaster in over the gap.

Also the floor seems like it was put straight on the subflooring and it's creaky enough to fracture the cheap grout with every step.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 29, 2018

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Congrats on your new bathroom after the remodel.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

That tile looks like pubes and cracked old feet, maybe sunburned boomer titties.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

peanut posted:

That tile looks like pubes and cracked old feet, maybe sunburned boomer titties.

Mods, please change my name to Sunburned Boomer Titties.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It has a combination of tastelessness and general disinterest in doing a good job that I've only ever seen in a Japanese love hotel bathroom before.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
All the footprint of a big kitchen island with almost none of the storage space!

Also, and this is clearly a case of "more money than sense" anyway, but the probably $500 in brand new off-road tires for that.... diorama. And I hope that was a totaled frame they chopped up for that.

Javid fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 29, 2018

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Please tell me that's a dealership or time share sales office or something, not somebody's home

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

canyoneer posted:

Please tell me that's a dealership or time share sales office or something, not somebody's home

I got the vibe of someone who really fuckin' likes crawling

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Javid posted:

All the footprint of a big kitchen island with almost none of the storage space!

Also, and this is clearly a case of "more money than sense" anyway, but the probably $500 in brand new off-road tires for that.... diorama. And I hope that was a totaled frame they chopped up for that.

I would assume so, as the body panels are just bent diamond plate and copper.

I also think that owns, but I'm aware I have terrible taste.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Would be good for a pool house, not as an everyday kitchen (and probably isn't one.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Looks like someone's downstairs bar or similar, and not a full kitchen. There's a fridge, a sink, and some booze, and that's it.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Drink and drive in the comfort of your own home!

Also,

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kid sinister posted:

Drink and drive in the comfort of your own home!

Also,

What is this?

A sink for ants‽

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The tiny sink isn't even the problem with that image.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That's not a sink, it's a bidet so that your dog can wash it's butt after he poops on the grass counter.

Very European.

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

Gromit posted:

Thanks for the ballpark pricing, that's great to know. If I want a house designed that would cost about $350k to build I should factor in about $35k+ on top for a great architect who will baby the project along from start to finish, as well as draw it all up? (I mean, obviously I'm going to ask my local guys what they charge but it's good to get some idea beforehand.)

Yes, an Architect's fee is above the construction cost, and part of the total project budget. You'd just have to very clear up front with the expectations and contractually agree to as well. Some Architect's that's not their thing to hand hold and provide that level of service because it's not their business model. It may be difficult to compare too as they may call it different things. Like picking out your cabinets, millwork and finishes might be an additional service for some but others would include that. Some even would order fixtures and finishes for you using their designer discount and get you some nice stuff without the contractor's mark-up. Some might include engineering as well, and others not.

I find articles like "How much will an Architect cost?"... written by non-Architects who got a builder/developer home once are complete and utter B.S. because it's not the same quality. Same as a contractors...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

What is this?

A sink for ants‽

when the gently caress did the interrobang get added as a standardized font character :mad:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

The Bloop posted:

when the gently caress did the interrobang get added as a standardized font character :mad:

Microsoft started including it with their ClearType fonts in 2005 but it was available in a bunch of other fonts before then.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Probably not so much crappy construction as idiot owner, but hey

https://giant.gfycat.com/VillainousInfatuatedIndianskimmer.webm

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

`Nemesis posted:

Probably not so much crappy construction as idiot owner, but hey

How do you not know how a plunger works???

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I mean a vital step in the process is "press down" but not even remotely THAT hard

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Was he trying to push the plunger down the drain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

GotLag posted:

Was he trying to push the plunger down the drain?

I think he was trying to force the blockage down by pushing real hard