Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
e: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Coq au Nandos posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of Romulan war prior to TOS? I was hoping to get that in Disco.

Yes but they explicitly state that it was fought purely ship to ship and without visual communication and they'd been no contact since the end of the war. There's a whole subplot when they finally get a visual of the bridge and everyone is shocked that they look like Vulcans.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coq au Nandos posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of Romulan war prior to TOS? I was hoping to get that in Disco.

That was a hundred years before TOS, during the ENT era (It was going to be a focus of season 5). It was pre-Federation and fought between Earth and the Romulans. The Romulans went isolationist afterwards, nobody had seen them since until Balance of Terror.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I really want the disco trek super klingons in sto so i hope we get them

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I feel like I shouldn't have been able to do this, but I also don't think I'm really getting anything out of it since they're both bound to me.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Try to open the second one. Nothing will happen you’ll just have to trash it.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Cyrano4747 posted:

Try to open the second one. Nothing will happen you’ll just have to trash it.

That's what I figured I was just amused that I was able to claim two of them.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It'd be awesome if they ever have an ENT-themed expansion that tried to fix everything they recognize as the show's shortcomings

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

galenanorth posted:

It'd be awesome if they ever have an ENT-themed expansion that tried to fix everything they recognize as the show's shortcomings

They more or less already did, it was the temporal arc.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Not enough WW2 stukas dive bombing the player space ship.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah but is the STD content gonna be like S1 when it was super serious grimdark PRESTIGE Star Trek or the second season they promo'd where they're pivoting to a plan of abruptly stealing the Orville vibe ?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So the account-wide extra admiralty slot from Gamma Recruit appears to be bugged, I'm getting Odo's Flagship but the admiralty slot is still locked.

Odo's Flagship has been changed from tribble, incidentally. Instead of a sci card, it's now 69/40/26, 4x crit rate from eng.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
I hadn't bothered opening the doff reward box until now.

:eyepop: I did not expect that, nor that you can only slot this space specific guy as a ground doff.

He's an account unlock, so you can grab him on your other characters after grinding him out on your Jem.

EDIT:
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughYawningCrocodileTebowing

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 31, 2018

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

So the account-wide extra admiralty slot from Gamma Recruit appears to be bugged, I'm getting Odo's Flagship but the admiralty slot is still locked.

Odo's Flagship has been changed from tribble, incidentally. Instead of a sci card, it's now 69/40/26, 4x crit rate from eng.
It worked fine when I got it a few weeks ago. You need to claim it on each character, and like all the other extra slot unlocks you need to do a map change before it will show up (so beam up/down, transwarp, log off/on, whatever).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I died in a normal difficulty borg red alert. Possibly for the first time in years. I am filled with shame :negative:

Beamscorts simply don't tank borg cube explosions like dreadnoughts do.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

fakemirage posted:

I hadn't bothered opening the doff reward box until now.

:eyepop: I did not expect that, nor that you can only slot this space specific guy as a ground doff.

He's an account unlock, so you can grab him on your other characters after grinding him out on your Jem.

EDIT:
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughYawningCrocodileTebowing

Well gently caress time to get back to boff grinding my jimmy jam.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

DancingShade posted:

I died in a normal difficulty borg red alert. Possibly for the first time in years. I am filled with shame :negative:

Beamscorts simply don't tank borg cube explosions like dreadnoughts do.

It doesn't help that the explosions have gone up in strength, mind you. There have been several complaints going about, and the upgrade in enemy power is noticeable.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Well gently caress time to get back to boff grinding my jimmy jam.

And here I thought Gamma didn't have anything super-good like the Mk13/UR unlock.

Bloodly posted:

It doesn't help that the explosions have gone up in strength, mind you. There have been several complaints going about, and the upgrade in enemy power is noticeable.

I think the maths scaling things to level 65 and Mk 15 doesn't quite all balance and there are some weird side effects.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

MikeJF posted:

e Mk13/UR unlock.

What’s this?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

One of the Temporal Recruit rewards (getting everything to tier 5) makes all rep projects account-wide come out as Mk 13 ultra-rare instead of Mk 12 rare. It was basically better than all the other rewards put together.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

theres probably a good chance we get a temporal recruit event rerun before they start that Age of Discovery stuff

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MikeJF posted:

One of the Temporal Recruit rewards (getting everything to tier 5) makes all rep projects account-wide come out as Mk 13 ultra-rare instead of Mk 12 rare. It was basically better than all the other rewards put together.

It's still better than any recruit reward they've ever released.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

MikeJF posted:

Holy poo poo, that is amazing. Hope they run it again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Anyone else having trouble with the launcher being really slow to load?

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
Get ready for STO's story to be officially invalidated:

https://trekmovie.com/2018/08/04/breaking-new-star-trek-tv-series-starring-patrick-stewart-as-jean-luc-picard-announced/

Hopefully this will finally settle the "is STO canon?" debate, when this new series completely contradicts the story Cryptic told post-TNG.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

greasythepirate posted:

Get ready for STO's story to be officially invalidated:

https://trekmovie.com/2018/08/04/breaking-new-star-trek-tv-series-starring-patrick-stewart-as-jean-luc-picard-announced/

Hopefully this will finally settle the "is STO canon?" debate, when this new series completely contradicts the story Cryptic told post-TNG.

That man does not age.

There is a giant gap between TNG and the opening of STO though. Not to mention with all the time war bullshit there are probably a thousand plus parallel timelines in the same universe.

Heck I think every time you do that queue blowing up the sphere builder whatsists you get 4 or 5 new timelines in 15 minutes.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 5, 2018

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
STO was always canon until it wasn't anyway. Plus they've rewritten their own timeline like three times by this point anyway.

Cautiously excited about new Picard.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Eh, I finally hit the point of gently caress it, I don't even want to log in to do admiralty poo poo anymore to grind dilzen.

I'll log back in when something new is added to the game, I guess.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

i think i only login whenever there's a "free ship" now tbh

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
In a panel at Star Trek Las Vegas and Rekha Sharma has also been confirmed for Age of Discovery.

We’ll also be seeing the tardigrade and in January, an event featuring the real deal Captain Killy.

They both actually seem excited to be part of it. Rekha and Mary also keep gushing about each other and the show.

Geekboy fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 5, 2018

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
SOmeone asking the real questions on Risa this morning

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

robziel posted:

SOmeone asking the real questions on Risa this morning

Exactly like silly putty mixed with used medical needles.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
To try and save this dead thread on a dying internet comedy forum I will post this thread topic relevant YouTube video about why OG Star Trek is dead and the new STD (snigger) stuff is the new canon. Which is all that matters to some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s_BGDBasnA

Why does this remotely matter for a Chinese MMO that floats on a raft made of lootboxes? Star Trek Discovery & whatever the new Picard show is will be the New Star Trek and future game content will reflect.

(I have no idea if anyone cares but we're pretty short on discussion topics so gently caress it)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Hmm, doomcock eh? And what else is on his channel? 3 separate rants about Kathleen Kennedy?

Pass.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

One of those 23 has to have a vaguely thread themed idea to talk about.

Then again I guess atrophy is what it is.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Think i got the bug again after the summer event.

Has Plasmonic Leech been nerfed and if so is it still worthwhile getting?

Gods, i haven't a clue about this game now.... skill sheets all changed & stuff. :confuoot:

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Plasleech did get nerfed (twice I think) but it's still somewhat worth fitting. It's not as hot as it used to be since there are a lotta ways to keep your power levels up, but, hey, free power.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I got a character to level 65 and have no idea what to even do now so I guess I stopped playing

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Drozana Station Fire Safety Adventures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The new rep set is pretty garbage both in terms of stats and visuals (why would you make a set that can't be mixed in this day and age Cryptic:argh:) so yeah, once you've exhausted the story content there isn't really a reason to log in regularly unless you found a secret stash of pubbies to farm angerquotes from.

Still, as brief spurts of activity go, this was one of the better ones.