Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

specifically, he has six sons, five of which were in vitro

you can guess what he ordered them to do with the dozens of female fertilized eggs

anonymously breed them into musicians and actresses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

anonymously breed them into musicians and actresses?

we have crossed a line

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

duz posted:

protein shake?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

no flavor country for old men

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

somewhere tori is reporting a food scientist for claiming engineering credentials

I matched on Tinder the other day with a girl whose job was listed as customer satisfaction engineer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

I matched on Tinder the other day with a girl whose job was listed as customer satisfaction engineer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

hahahaha

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

have sex with her. I’m sure you will be very satisfied

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

she sure as poo poo wont be :hehe:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FCKGW posted:

brütal.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FCKGW posted:

lmao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
energy news!

theyre finally getting serious about using pumped hydro for energy storage, this time at hoover dam

big nyt article (with beautiful animated images) here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/07/24/business/energy-environment/hoover-dam-renewable-energy.html

$3bn and ten years to build

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

FMguru posted:

energy news!

theyre finally getting serious about using pumped hydro for energy storage, this time at hoover dam

big nyt article (with beautiful animated images) here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/07/24/business/energy-environment/hoover-dam-renewable-energy.html

Looks cool as hell, fingers crossed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmbo

kinda related
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1022209649926389760

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Oh look, another dinosaur tech company trying to hamfistedly copy the Steve Jobs era of Apple.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the comments after that article

"ah, but what if human wronger than computer? hmmmm?"

"a valid point sirrah, perhaps we must be rational about datadatadatadata"

"indeeeed, we musn't validate the supposition that computers can make mistakes"

"faaaaaart:words:"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

FMguru posted:

energy news!

is it going to be shoddily thrown together by a Chinese construction company or a Russian energy company?

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Even if no water is lost because of the pumping project, the thought of any additional stress on the system worries Toby Cotter, the city manager of Bullhead City.

The town thrives on the summer tourism that draws some two million visitors to the area for recreation on the greenish-blue waters, Mr. Cotter said. “That lake is the lifeblood of this community,” he said. “It’s not uncommon to see 100 boats on that lake.”

won't someone think of the people who want to water ski in the desert

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

You may receive a survey within 6-8 weeks. I would appreciate your feedback!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mrmcd posted:

Oh look, another dinosaur tech company trying to hamfistedly copy the Steve Jobs era of Apple.

:discourse:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mrmcd posted:

lmaö

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

two words

cheddar biscuits

they sell the mix so you can make them at home, they taste pretty much the same

of course we call it "lobster busqueick"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

that's the sort of thing sex workers write on their mortgage applications (for real, not judging)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

mrmcd posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

they sell the mix so you can make them at home, they taste pretty much the same

of course we call it "lobster busqueick"
it's also extremely easy to make something comparable with bisquik. the trick is cheese in the dough and to brush on seasoned melted butter after the bake

bisquik is more flexible overall anyway

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

mrmcd posted:

:eyepop:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mrmcd posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mrmcd posted:

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mrmcd posted:

lmao

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

mrmcd posted:

lets keep this quote chain going

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

oh god I just got it

drat that's good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mrmcd posted:

:vince:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder that deriding someone for their personal medical choices is a pretty assholish thing to do, so you should probably avoid it if you don't want to come off looking like an rear end in a top hat

i mean unless that's your goal, in which case you do you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shifty Pony posted:

oh god I just got it

drat that's good.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Stymie posted:

quick reminder that deriding someone for their personal medical choices is a pretty assholish thing to do, so you should probably avoid it if you don't want to come off looking like an rear end in a top hat

i mean unless that's your goal, in which case you do you

steve jobs deserved every second of his agonizing death of hubris

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
steve jobs killed himself by eating a bunch of fruit instead of getting his easily treated cancer treated

he died a painful death, leaving his family behind for no real reason at all

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wow dy8ng of cancer. hilarious

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fishmech posted:

steve jobs deserved every second of his agonizing death of hubris

Improbable Lobster posted:

steve jobs killed himself by eating a bunch of fruit instead of getting his easily treated cancer treated

he died a painful death, leaving his family behind for no real reason at all

see? pretty assholish

but hey, far be it from me to judge your choices

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
we might be assholes, but we aren't the kind of rear end in a top hat that denies paternity for their own daughter

now back to the laffs please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

mrmcd posted:

one of the best posts in this whole drat forum