Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Periphery posted:

Look at this example of how loving retarded humanity is.

What kind of loving pieces of poo poo think this is the right way to do anything. I think we should run a study to see how resilient VicForests staff and Victorian politicians are when we destroy parts of their houses with them inside. Sure, some may die, but in the end we'll have a lot of useful data about how much of their habitat we can ruin before they go extinct.

Its the same reasoning behind scientific whaling. Lets whale a bit to see if we can actually whale sustainably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

They're animals.

So are we.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

They're animals.

That's a very restrained way to talk about the people at VicForests and the politicians that support them. I'd expect something a bit more controversial from you.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yes killing a rodent thing is the same as murder. Thank you, Morrissey Gang.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

It's called science, idiot.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Heh, why should I give a poo poo about extinction when some fatass stands to make a WAD of cash? :smug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just say it's bad rather than equating it with or proposing literal murder. Not hard.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
thread should listen to the chicken murder man for moral direction on these issues

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
JBP is the PC police oppressing comedy

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:gooncamp:

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

I'm not sure putting your hand up for Liberal preselection because 'for too long we haven't had the jobs here' when the Liberals have been in government for 5 years is very sensible. Come up with a different reason at least.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

thread should listen to the chicken murder man for moral direction on these issues

Those chickens were culpable.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CaseyBriggs/status/1023178309394264064

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
murdering animals is as morally bad as murdering humans

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
meat is murder

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Konomex posted:

I'm not sure putting your hand up for Liberal preselection because 'for too long we haven't had the jobs here' when the Liberals have been in government for 5 years is very sensible. Come up with a different reason at least.

I know it feels like forever but they've only been in since early this year

Of course the Adelaide Advertiser says in those few months jobs have skyrocketed and people are so much happier somehow!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You kill one human, there's six billion more and counting. What does that compare to wiping out an entire species that could continue to live on if not for the human need to make numbers in a computer go up?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

The only way I can think of ONP to ALP preferences actually existing like this is some people will claim to support ONP in the regional areas in conversation to fit in with the vocal minority but actually self sabotage ONP actually pushing things to the right in a polling booth.

ONP -> ALP happens because a lot of working class people are racist.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

... Thanks?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheNTNews/status/1021892013887709185

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
YOU CAN'T CUT OUR POLLING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
meh

https://twitter.com/australian/status/1023531224235565056

https://twitter.com/australian/status/1023531119721869312

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It feels like both parties have basically given up on politics.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

BBJoey posted:

ONP -> ALP happens because a lot of working class people are racist.

Yeah, a lot of racists are at least smart enough to recognize that the Liberal establishment don't give a gently caress about them. Pauline Hanson is no different than the Liberal right but she gets portrayed in the media as an outsider "shaking things up" and the racist working class eat that poo poo up.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

keep in mind these would have been done before the liberals won braddon and longman expect it 53/47 to the libs next time

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

meat is murder

meat isn’t murder but you’re posting is

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Reclines Obesily posted:

keep in mind these would have been done before the liberals won braddon and longman expect it 53/47 to the libs next time

It's also Murdoch's Newspoll, who 'tweaked' their 2pp methodology to make the LNP vote look stronger, by allocating them One Nation preferences that have never reflected reality, something that was just demonstrated yet again in Longman.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

BREAKING: [some fairly dull and typical news]

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Hahahah holy poo poo is that 70 straight losses for the liberals?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I'm the blue hemisphere, and also a retatrded person

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

NTRabbit posted:

It's also Murdoch's Newspoll, who 'tweaked' their 2pp methodology to make the LNP vote look stronger, by allocating them One Nation preferences that have never reflected reality, something that was just demonstrated yet again in Longman.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to bludger track with these by election preferences added to his model to correct some bias in the various poll methodologies.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I wonder where Newspoll is picking up the narrowing from. Worst state and Apex Headquarters; Victoria perhaps?

The media sure is giving Dan Andrews about as much of a hard time as Bill, probably why they keep trying this Kill Bill strategy because Demolish Dan is working for them somewhat?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The only thing less realistic than those polling numbers is the Liberal's economic policy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's not just Newspoll picking up a narrowing but all the others too. The Longman result clearly shows the narrowing isn't from Queensland so it's from one of the lesser states.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
probably just got the preference flows wrong

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Bolt_RSS/status/1023438365297913857

cursed headline

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Lee Lins final broadcast and farewell, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OIeYf4Thzs goodbye Lin.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Could've done with more broadcasting career and less awkward skits, but later champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I’ve never even watched her on the telly, just in some meme YouTube news anchor fight video.

• Locked thread