Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Thomas to crash out, Froome to take 2-3 minutes from Dumoulin and Roglic, easy peasy. Riots in Paris tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

G man smashing it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Huh, Dumoulin isn't going that badly, which must mean Thomas is absolutely flying.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Looks like thomas is going ham

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Thomas should step back a bit imo.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice super slo-mo drool

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

How do you gently caress up how a clock reads?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Noice :britain:

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

nwin posted:

How do you gently caress up how a clock reads?

Employing idiots to program.

Thomas - finally a British TdF winner who isn't a dick

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

So, uh, who actually won this stage? lol

e: Dumoulin. :ok:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sky 2-4.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

So, uh, who actually won this stage? lol

Dumoulin?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/1023222875480842241

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/1023224197609402369

lol

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

So the 40:50 for Froome was wrong?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

cebrail posted:

So the 40:50 for Froome was wrong?

Yes, apparently his clock stopped early. I think?!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

G's a good lad

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Lol I had no idea Sagan was rocking a shirt from Hot Topic back in the day.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
wait. are we accepting thomas is the guy to stop froomes TdF win streak, AND Grand tour win streak?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Accept as in clean?

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

This tdf was rear end, again.

Wake me up when the vuelta starts I guess

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Movistar confirm that they're going to repeat their brilliant three leader strategy for the Vuelta lol

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Maybe they could try sending Valverde in the break so Quintana or Landa can bridge over to him.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

peanut- posted:

Maybe they could try sending Valverde in the break so Quintana or Landa can bridge over to him.

Maybe they could try having any strategy at all. Name Landa the defacto leader for the Vuelta and have the rest of the team work for him. He's clearly the strongest of the three. Quintana doesn't have the legs to last an entire grand tour and Valverde is just old and past prime.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
In the end Dumoulin loses the TdF because of one flat just outside the last 3km of an early stage. Why teams don’t use tubeless at least for flat stages is beyond my comprehension.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 29, 2018

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

What’s the reason for not using tubeless? I get that they can just put another tube/tire on a rim in the car, but I figured they’d have enough space for a few sets of front/rear rims in the car if they needed.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Weight, tradition, old mechanics not wanting to deal with new tech.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It'll happen eventually, just slowly like disc brakes have crept in, theres just big fear of change to overcome

It wasn't long ago disc brakes were the literal devil, now stages are regularly won on them and have there been any riders complaining about the safety of them this season?

I think uran used tubeless last year? And there was that chubby cheeked English dude who won riding tubeless hunts in the tdB recently

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
EF Education First-Drapac powered by Cannondale uses clinchers in time trials.Tony Martin does too...they’re more aero and have less rolling resistance than tubulars.

It looks like Uran was on tubeless for the TT last year...it especially makes sense in TTs since if you flat at any point its a guaranteed time loss.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Chapeau to Lawson Craddock who did with a broken fuckin’ shoulder blade what 31 other starters couldn’t, who rode much of the route outside the draft because he didn’t want to put the peloton at risk.

I assumed he would drop out by the Roubaix stage and was gladly proved wrong.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 29, 2018

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Craddock’s a loving beast.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
I'm not gonna celebrate someone ruining his health even more for our entertainment, he just confirms that professional-sports are an exploitative place filled with crazy folk.
His directeur sportif should've removed him from the race, but gotta have those human-interest eyeballs for the sponsor.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

I'm not gonna celebrate someone ruining his health even more for our entertainment, he just confirms that professional-sports are an exploitative place filled with crazy folk.
His directeur sportif should've removed him from the race, but gotta have those human-interest eyeballs for the sponsor.

Half agree, half disagree.

It was probably only a hairline fracture because I guarantee he would have pulled out if it was a bigger break. When I broke mine, I couldn't move my arm at all for a few days, but I broke mine into 3 pieces. He clearly had mobility and not nearly the same level of pain.

Future health? You can't do poo poo for a scapula. You just let it heal on its own because it's held in place by your back muscles and hard to access. You can't even really pin/plate it because it's such a thin structure. Any health issues are just luck of the draw...calcification of soft tissue, bone spurs, etc. That all happens during the healing process regardless.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

They said very early in the race that Craddock’s injury was completely stable. Basically his limiting factor was how painful the area would be due to swelling and irritation.

It’s fine.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He basically said he was pretty much fine after the first week, however I do think if it wasn't Vaughters and his constant quest for sponsors they would have sent him home. Either way it was a great story and he got a shitload of cash for the velodrome.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Coming to a dentists parking lot soon.

https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/1023561877673193479

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Hasn't everybody who bikes wanted to do this at one point or another?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Someone had better beat Demare today

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Oh god I totally forgot about the stupid Sky jerseys. And Brailsford wonders why everyone hates them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMonsta
May 10, 2011

I never wanted a break to make it as much as I want this one. Don't want to see the FDJ team car up on the podium.