Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
In Montana when you get a speeding ticket you can just give the cop cash. I had one follow me a few miles to an ATM once. $40 for going 92

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
We took a road trip from Nairobi to Kisii with me in the back, driver got pulled over 4x by police who just straight up asked for coffee money. On the way back, I rode in the front seat (with my red Kenya Rugby hat and nice camera) and you could actually see them stop waving us over when they saw a white guy that might be a reporter in the car

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Cop in Cambodia straight offered to sell me his badge as a souvenir for $40.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pook Good Mook posted:

Worth it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

He probably has dozens of them

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Oh great, another corrupted dictatorship is going to host the 2026 WC.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't believe Canada will get to host the world cup after the Dairy Incident of 2018

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

USA will host 2022 anyway

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

It’s finally coming home

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

#CUM2026

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

:captainpop:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I look forward to watching a soccer match be played at the same place that hosts the 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.

We gonna make it rain Duracell!

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I look forward to watching a soccer match be played at the same place that hosts the 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.

We gonna make it rain Duracell!

Better than the bananas that will be thrown at the African teams in Russia.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
At least a banana is soft and tasty.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pook Good Mook posted:

Better than the bananas that will be thrown at the African teams in Russia.

This is very true. I’m always mind blown, by just how racist and open about football fans can be in Europe.

runoverbobby posted:

At least a banana is soft and tasty.

Yeah but can it Power a flashlight?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It can power a fleshlight.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

I don’t think I can wait

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This is very true. I’m always mind blown, by just how racist and open about football fans can be in Europe.

Yes, you can use a banana as a battery. Check and mate.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

#CUM2026

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/ben_rumsby/status/1010622729442201601

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Given that Kosovo is officially recognised by FIFA I don't really get how they can go after them under the no politics rules

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
next time just give them the finger

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
He obviously meant to show his allegiance to Wu Tang

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm not sure if this should go in the Corruption thread but Ajax have admitted that they didn't deal with Abdelhak Nouri's cardiac arrest appropriately.

I believe this is the first time that a club has admitted to negligence in regard to a player having a cardiac arrest during a match.

http://english.ajax.nl/streams/ajax-now/ajax-statement-about-abdelhak-nouri-.htm

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
While it’s great that they are saying they hosed up, everything they are saying is so vague that it’s hard to say that they are actually being transparent. And, even then, saying they hosed up the on field treatment doesn’t prevent someone from collapsing on the field again.

But I’m still trying to wrap my head around what it could be. So they thought he had a heart beat on the field (meaning they wouldn’t start chest compressions) which was confirmed by an AED after inadequate resus, but they got new information from the family that changes that? And because of that, all the basic poo poo they teach in a CPR class was not done correctly?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Maybe I’m just reading that poo poo wrong. gently caress if I know.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I think they're saying that they took what was the right course of action based on the evidence at the time, but that evidence was not complete or inaccurate and as such the actions taken failed to save his life. If they'd had all the data at the time, they'd have done something different, but they didn't and so they didn't.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It reads like they realize now that they could have done certain steps better but failed to do so because they lacked the proper expertise or experience.

Surprising at all that they’d say all this at all. It’s certainly something a lawyer would tell you not to say. Maybe it’s part of a deal with the family.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Maybe it’s part of a deal with the family.

It is.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/kenbensinger/status/1015015366248894464

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

I think they're saying that they took what was the right course of action based on the evidence at the time, but that evidence was not complete or inaccurate and as such the actions taken failed to save his life. If they'd had all the data at the time, they'd have done something different, but they didn't and so they didn't.

Here’s my understanding of what they are saying: because the doctors on the field found a pulse, they didn’t use the defibrillator, and focused on clearing the players airway. The expert who reviews the case also concluded that this was correct, because the player had a pulse.

Now they’re saying they should have used the defibrillator earlier, presumably because there was something wrong with everyone pointing to the fact that this dude had a pulse. But they never actually say what was wrong about this determination, so you don’t know if there was an equipment failure, if they made a bad decision, or something else.

But yeah, this totally sounds like something they agreed to say in a settlement.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The Sunday Times has a new story alleging that Qatar's 2022 bid sabotaged other bids for the World Cup (separate from, but in addition to, the rampant bribery of FIFA officials). They claim a whistleblower from the bid team leaked a bunch of internal documents to them.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44994041

quote:

The paper claims to have seen leaked documents that show the Qatari bid team employed a US PR firm and ex-CIA agents to smear its rivals - mainly the United States and Australia.

The alleged aim was to create propaganda to give the impression that a World Cup would not be supported domestically. The Qatar tournament organisers deny the allegations.

Such a campaign alleged by the Sunday Times would have broken Fifa's bidding rules.

quote:

The Qatar bid team is alleged to have employed the New York office of communications company Brown Lloyd Jones, which is now BLJ Worldwide, along with a team of former intelligence officers to run a campaign aimed at undermining one of Fifa's key criteria in the bidding process - that each bid should have strong backing at home.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
if an oil rich country paid me to write propaganda for them, i'd ask for more than nine grand

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Kurtofan posted:

if an oil rich country paid me to write propaganda for them, i'd ask for more than nine grand

Likely that the writers had no contact and were not aware of the funder of the propaganda. Firms like this wouldn't be around long if they disclosed who they were ultimately working for. Sounds like BLJ found a lovely anti-foreigner rear end in a top hat to pen a paper about how immigrants and browns = bad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This is some spy movie stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Are there any rules against this?