Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jump shot, every rebound and three pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Disrupting the traditional AAA "don't even let them know we want to make a game until its nearly finished" sure broke a whole lot of people's brains.

We should never have been allowed to look inside the kitchen we're all armchair chefs now

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I just want to feel that rubber ball in my old hands one last time.

- Charles Barkley

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
code:
          NOT
BARKLEY'S ^ DEAD

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

SeXReX posted:

Disrupting the traditional AAA "don't even let them know we want to make a game until its nearly finished" sure broke a whole lot of people's brains.

We should never have been allowed to look inside the kitchen we're all armchair chefs now

is this the star citizen thread?

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

SeXReX posted:

drat ur dumb as hell!

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

[Wow][Bad]

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Yeah these plucky devs are disrupting the 'release a game within several years of its originally announced release date' industry paradigm, guys.

I guess the rest of you just don't see how game changing this is for video games :smuggo:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A phone app that releases games in 2023 the promise has been made

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Das_Ubermike posted:

Or at least moved to the scam kickstarter forum that houses the Star Citizen threads.
If you move us to that posting ghetto we'll lay waste to it and carry our thread from scam kickstarter forum to glorious games on the back of B2's release.

Super Rad posted:

code:
FGHIIJKLMNOTUVWXYZABCDE
BARKLEY'S ^ DEAD

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 8, 2018

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
America's not going to fall any time soon, so this will take a while.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm looking forward to two things: This, and cranking off

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Othello: B2? Or not B2? That, is the question.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The Big Word posted:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

SeXReX posted:

*takes a peek inside the kitchen. the chef is chopping up the rotting carcass of a dead raccoon. his assistant takes a giant turd on the plate and garnishes it with a pickle.*

well i am not a chef so it would be inappropriate to have an opinion on this

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

WarpDogs posted:

*takes a peek inside the kitchen. the kitchen is empty*

well i am not a chef so it would be inappropriate to have an opinion on this

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

The Big Word posted:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Frankie's still making Barkley sprites.

I like his art and his soothing voice and his mainly prog rock playlist. But....

:whatfor:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

For the game, Barkley 2

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I think Barkley 2 and Mother 4 are gonna be rad. I can't wait

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I still haven't cranked off

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

last update was octomber 2017 so no need to keep people posted, tog

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Frankie's still making Barkley sprites.

I like his art and his soothing voice and his mainly prog rock playlist. But....

:whatfor:
If I ever make a game I am gonna try to get frankie to make me sprites. I'll pay him money.

I used to like to pop into his stream and ask him really dumb questions about his work area and other things.

Once I asked a pizza place what a pizza was after staring at the menu on the wall for a solid ten minutes. I managed to drag it out to a five minute conversation and this contrived explanation about dough and stuff. It works even better with Strombolis because there's plausible deniability. For it to work with pizza you gotta find a place with no pictures of pizza anywhere. And you have to hope they don't have a picture of it on the menu, either.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 18, 2018

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Khorne posted:

If I ever make a game I am gonna try to get frankie to make me sprites. I'll pay him money.

I used to like to pop into his stream and ask him really dumb questions about his work area and other things.

Once I asked a pizza place what a pizza was after staring at the menu on the wall for a solid ten minutes. I managed to drag it out to a five minute conversation and this contrived explanation about dough and stuff. It works even better with Strombolis because there's plausible deniability. For it to work with pizza you gotta find a place with no pictures of pizza anywhere. And you have to hope they don't have a picture of it on the menu, either.

Please don't bother food service staff kthx.
But yeah if I ever needed extensive professional spritework done, I'd be calling Frankie.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
🏀

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I bet your average register jockey at a pizza place will like telling that story to their weed dealer after shift

Go ahead, ask what a pizza is.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
More like Badly 2, because it's bad, because it'll never come out

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Songbearer posted:

More like Badly 2, because it's bad, because it'll never come out

No.... nooooo!!!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
It'll release and it will cost 1000 dollars for the first month, and then the price will drop to 10 dollars.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Khorne posted:

A stromboli is just a fancy hot pocket.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Someone should make a fan game of Barkley 2.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'll start the wiki

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Kickstarter campaigns are expensive and take a lot of time and manpower.

I'll start the crowdfunding so that we have enough funds for the kickstarter.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Haha holy poo poo LA Mulana 2 is releasing tomorrow.

http://nigoro.jp/en/2018/07/la-mulana-2-is-releasing/

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
:eyepop:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Haha holy poo poo LA Mulana 2 is releasing tomorrow.

http://nigoro.jp/en/2018/07/la-mulana-2-is-releasing/

I'm not even trying to cast shade on barkley 2 here, but I was amazed at the frequency and quality of their kickstarter updates and had no doubt that game was gonna come out. Maybe it's just that I don't back many games, but they're on update #219 which far exceeded anything I'd seen with games I've backed in the past. They weren't just "hey we're still doing the game" updates either, there were big lore infodumps of the first game and writings about the cultures they based the game around along with what they were currently working on. It was pretty much the poster child of how to do a crowdfunded game's development right imho.

I really hope someone does a post mortem on the experience developing LM2 because I felt like it also went through some development troubles after what ended up seeming like such a lukewarm-received kickstarter campaign.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
At this rate Duke Nukem Forever will come out before Barkles 2!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

RVWinkle posted:

At this rate Duke Nukem Forever will come out before Barkles 2!

Blasphemy!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

staplegun posted:

I really hope someone does a post mortem on the experience developing LM2 because I felt like it also went through some development troubles after what ended up seeming like such a lukewarm-received kickstarter campaign.

From what I recall, the big hurdle was that the main guy had a medical issue that came up suddenly and slowed them down for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Is this actually dead forever?