Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
cool analysis, doctor crane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

DoctorWhat posted:

cool analysis, doctor crane

:perfect:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I read it differently - I think the "are you???" at the end echoes of Killinger loving with Rusty's mind.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Gary’s got a bad case of stinkin’ thinkin’

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
God dammit I'm so hype

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its so soon too!!!!!

Like just over a week!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Gary kissing Shiela is inarguably the furthest he’s gone with a girl, because if he’s ever hooked up with anyone, he and 24 (RIP) would be talking about it at some point.

He’s probably totally in love with her, and honestly, he might try the same exact stunt the Monarch pulled when he snakes her from Phantom Limb.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

TK-42-1 posted:

Gary’s got a bad case of stinkin’ thinkin’

At least it's not fear, self-loathing, or dilly-dallying.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Should we start a new thread at some point?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Venture Brothers: MOM, CALL THE DOG!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I read it differently - I think the "are you???" at the end echoes of Killinger loving with Rusty's mind.

That would even be a logical progression of Killinger's shtick of nurturing aspiring supervillains- 21 has it in him to be one, his inner conflict of being a big fan of superheroes while also a proud henchman giving him some of the most dangerous attributes of both.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That would even be a logical progression of Killinger's shtick of nurturing aspiring supervillains- 21 has it in him to be one, his inner conflict of being a big fan of superheroes while also a proud henchman giving him some of the most dangerous attributes of both.

Nothing is more dangerous than a genre-savvy supervillain

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

tarlibone posted:

Should we start a new thread at some point?

The Venture Bros: A Hackneyed Premise

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Some folks are discussing the first couple of episodes online. Are people just throwing poo poo at the wall or is there some way people are watching them?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they were screened somewhere.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Adult Swim streamed them on its website.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Er I mean season 7, not the previous seasons.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So did I. Adult Swim premiered the first two episodes on their website as a one time special.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Well poo poo!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Mantis42 posted:

So did I. Adult Swim premiered the first two episodes on their website as a one time special.

After SDCC the outdoor thingie. I am not sure it was streamed officially but the episodes are out there along with some of the Q&A.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

420 Gank Mid posted:

And it'd make Gary effectively the same as The Outrider is to Orpheus.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It just struck me that the Venture Bros. might be the only show where one of the good guys is a pedophile

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It just struck me that the Venture Bros. might be the only show where one of the good guys is a pedophile

Given varying age of consent laws in other countries, to say nothing of the fact that you have tons of shows set in ye olde past or fantasy versions thereof, I highly doubt that.
Although VB is probably one of the only ones where that's true AND where it takes place in a culture/society that recognizes pedophilia as bad.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Do we count anime?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Mantis42 posted:

Do we count anime?

You know the answer to this.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I just bought the artbook (imported from the US to France) from my closest friendly sequential-arts-focused store and let me just say, that thing is a beast. I haven't had time to peruse it yet, but it's huge and heavy, definitely a collector's item. Also, I think that series is way more obscure than I thought...

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's kind of weird to think of Venture Bros without Hatred now, but then you remember that he wasn't really a thing until season 3.

It's like Rogal in TTS, I can't imagine the show without him, but he actually hasn't been around that long!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
My avatar is getting old and tired, and I feel like a VB one might hit the spot. Anyone got some good suggestions?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

420 Gank Mid posted:

Never forget Henchman 1.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

His name is ZERO! He henches for no man.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well it is very easy to do that when you are dead.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Never forget Henchman 1.

One of the greatest monkey's paw moments in VB is the overly serious, melodramatic goon getting wasted in the most uninspiring, goonish way possible.

Getting Brockness Monster'd

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well it is very easy to do that when you are dead.

Honestly I would not be surprised at all if he somehow showed up alive again

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I would not be surprised at all if he somehow showed up alive again

Along with Fat Chance and Baron Underbite.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Vord posted:

Along with Fat Chance and Baron Underbite.

The only one I want to see return is Brrrrrrrrick-Frog!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
He was at Don Hell's, if memory serves.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Taking bets on who's wearing the bear costume with the machete. I'mma go for the longshot Pete White.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Frickin' fanwiki nerds again.

Professor Impossible’s dark room with his limb stretched around as if it were paper, along with the glasses of urine, his dishevelled appearance, and his mysophobia, are all references to the 2004 film The Aviator, a biographical drama about an aviation pioneer living with an untreated form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

:arghfist::corsair:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

PostNouveau posted:

Taking bets on who's wearing the bear costume with the machete. I'mma go for the longshot Pete White.

$20 on Billy's Mom.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The name is Scare Bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted: