Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Xarbala posted:

I love the timing of our posts

I like Like A Butterfly, but Today Is A Diamond is definitely the best song in 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

GANDHITRON posted:

I like Like A Butterfly, but Today Is A Diamond is definitely the best song in 6.

Agreed

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I love Tonight and have also somehow learned Baka Mitai, but Today is a Diamond is so perfect.

Machine Gun Kiss is good too. And, of course, Get To The Top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM3d266_QWw

e: I thought it was almost a shame that Tonight is in 6. It's all fresh in our minds and all, but 10 years on would Kiryu really want to sing about his dead boyfriend? Maybe yes but then it being in Kiwami is too soon. Either way :smith:

It should've skipped 6 and been in Kiwami 2. I bet it is in Kiwami 2, same video and all.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 30, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Probably Baka Mitai, just so I can see Kiryu reminisce about the dog for some reason, and Saejima pine over that dumb dojo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GANDHITRON posted:

When you're right you're right

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Came for Judgement, stayed for 24 Hour Cinderella

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

isk posted:

Came for Judgement, stayed for 24 Hour Cinderella

Judgment was the first for me in Zero, but 24 Hour Cinderella was the one that I had to run telling everybody about.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've yet to play y3-5 but I clicked on a video where Akiyama sings Baka Mitai and I'm all whoa

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Heartbreak Mermaid for sure

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

They need a Yakuza golf game.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Colostomy Bag posted:

They need a Yakuza golf game.

3 & 4's golf course has been severely missing from every game following them

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn't there golf in Kiwami 2? I feel like I brawled my way into the lobby of a golfing centre in the demo.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn't there golf in Kiwami 2? I feel like I brawled my way into the lobby of a golfing centre in the demo.

There's golf in the new trailer. There's gotta be golf.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

MechaX posted:

Actually, that was something I was wondering about. When Daigo was like "we won't declare war on the Yomei alliance because Kiryu didn't want me to, we'll do the peace route as equals", even though this kind of approach absolutely did not work in 5, I was thinking "wait, but wasn't the Omi Alliance at the eleventh hour of warring against the Tojo in 5? And the Tojo has gotten its rear end kicked by goddamn Triads all in 6? I wonder if this decision will bite him in the rear end.

Kurosawa only got away with it because the Omi and Tojo let the Kuroha take control of Nagoya from the shadows and then Kurosawa left Nagoya to its people to jockey for power in the Omi which was in the middle of a war that got the Goda clan wiped out along with their clan captains. Kurosawa was interested in war but NotRyuji who was not too keen on how weak the Tojo are after the deaths of the men who made Tojo not to be hosed with. His butt buddy wasnt since Katsuya was friends with Majima and still holds him in respect for making Soutenboori the Kamurocho of the West. The only reason why Kanai switch sides was because Katsuya leaned too hard on him and decided to side with Kurosawa to serve as Clan Captain while aizawa played Nishiki's pipe dream of being a chairman

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's just a target-shoot driving range, not a full course golf game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1024314312934875141

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
How's the difficulty of 0 compared to 5, which feels like I'm beating everything but skill trainers in single heat actions and have a giant health bar from eating? Is it worth starting 0 on hard since I'm kind of missing the difficulty?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I haven't played 5 but you can adjust the difficulty in 0 anytime you want.

Nothing was too difficult in 0 on Normal except some of the longer sections if I forgot to bring healing items.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Hard isn't too tough, but I might suggest starting out on normal anyway. Since there's two characters with four fighting styles each there's approximately seventy billion moves you need to learn and playing on hard might make that annoying.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I met Hannya-Man for the first time. The gently caress even was that? I won on my first go but holy poo poo that was a super tense bout.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I can’t blame the people who skipped the climax battles in Yakuza Kiwami, but they threw a couple of neat ones in there at the end.

Play as Date-san and rescue a woman from three harassers! Unfortunately Date-san is absolutely pathetic, has a single three-hit combo that takes about 5 seconds to come out, and staggers around like he’s drunk. Fight on, Date-san!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

HellCopter posted:

I can’t blame the people who skipped the climax battles in Yakuza Kiwami, but they threw a couple of neat ones in there at the end.

The very first battle requires you to beat a dozen guys on the boat from chapter 12 without getting knocked over. Said guys include a dude with a circular saw that’s right in front of you, a shotgunner behind you on the left, and a grenade rear end in a top hat behind you on the right.

If every Climax Battle in Kiwami is like that I’m good without the Platinum trophy, thanks. I’ll never have to attempt another futile challenge against the God of Billiards to max Haruka’s affection, which is a win in my book.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So Yakuza 0 unlocks on steam today just as I get back from work.

Time to finally live out my fantasies of being a japanese gangster in neon-lit 80's Tokyo. Last time I has so hype for a biddya gaem was probably in highschool.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

grate deceiver posted:

Time to finally live out my fantasies of being a japanese gangster in neon-lit 80's Tokyo. Last time I has so hype for a biddya gaem was probably in highschool.

I foolishly agreed to run an errand around the time it unlocks. :negative:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

come check in after you see *checks notes* Chapter 3.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I am very excited to explore this videogame series

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I've wanted to play these forever so I'm pretty stoked, I just hope I don't get owned brutally like in Sleeping Dogs where I couldn't beat teh driving segments for some reason.

also general question, are there tangible benefits to devoting time to the minigames and side things this series is so famous for?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Frog Act posted:

I've wanted to play these forever so I'm pretty stoked, I just hope I don't get owned brutally like in Sleeping Dogs where I couldn't beat teh driving segments for some reason.

also general question, are there tangible benefits to devoting time to the minigames and side things this series is so famous for?

Usually, though I think it depends on the game itself. I've only played y0 and y6 and both reward messing around with minigames in various ways.

I am pretty sure you're safe from driving segments in this series too.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The minigames give money and experience points which you can get just fine elsewhere. There's not really any unique rewards for doing the side stuff, they generally are their own reward.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

HellCopter posted:

The minigames give money and experience points which you can get just fine elsewhere. There's not really any unique rewards for doing the side stuff, they generally are their own reward.

Play a game purely because it's fun? Nonsense!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HellCopter posted:

I know y0's Completion Point system incentivizes at least getting decent at the various minigames, among other things, if you wanted to check out some of the higher-tier perks.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cool, I'm interested in all of them except for maybe the really sporty ones cus I always hated those in GTA. that being said historically Japanese games have constructed those sorts of things compellingly enough they're actually fun

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You're in luck, yakuza sports minigames actually own.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
How does the Taxi substory pay off in 5? Is it worth pursuing? I find it tedious as hell but if there some silly poo poo or action movie antics in there I don't wanna miss it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Yakuza 0 PC has just unlocked.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

havenwaters posted:

Yakuza 0 PC has just unlocked.

Thank God I finally get to play this.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Thank God I took off work to be able to play this today

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jealous of all these people playing Yakuza 0 for the first time. Once in a lifetime feels.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Congratulations to all the PC gamers who get to experience Yakuza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Godspeed, PC goons