Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Now I really want a little Ruger with jazzy grips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I got the grips from here, and he makes many more in oddball colors and patterns: https://www.lsgrips.com/collections/pearl-ruger-mark-iv-grips/products/abalone-pearl-ruger-mark-iv-grips

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I have no idea why but that sort of sparkly look makes me actually nauseous for some reason.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ0JUXhG6T/

:stare:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

That would be pretty neat but I haven’t heard great things about the build quality of GSG’s other clones. Fingers crossed though, I love weirdo guns.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

In other news, went for a walk the woods on our land

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Internet Wizard posted:

In other news, went for a walk the woods on our land

Where is waldo? Army Edition

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

ElMaligno posted:

Where is waldo? Army Edition

that's Faldo....the forest spirit of the AK

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

That would only make sense if it was also an AK or maybe a FAL though

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The REAL Waldo went out to a nice glacial lake today, along with my family.

Fishy!

Two moose!

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I've been trying for hours but I can't find Waldo in this picture

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Y’all like good boys, right

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That's a good dog, and not pork, just remember that after you finish your book..

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

For about 15-20 minutes prior to this picture, I was getting rained/hailed on. Then there was a gap in the clouds during which I took this picture. Then it rained/hailed for another 30 minutes. Good times. At least the rain made the gigantic gaggle of Asian tourists melt away.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://defcad.com/

p.s. Get hosed, New Jersey.

https://imgur.com/a/GIg3eJk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Can't wait to see youtube of 2nd amenders blowing their hands off

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Can't wait to see youtube of 2nd amenders blowing their hands off

This is already a thing, thanks to grip lasers.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

wait what? How do lasers result in this

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DoktorLoken posted:

"is this thing on?"

*points muzzle at hand*

*squeezes grip and ends up pulling the trigger*

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm tempted to print one of those out, but then I'm wondering what the point is because after a quick look I don't trust them in the slightest.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

An AR15 lower wouldn't really be a big deal since most of the stress is in the upper.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The lower will still flex and crack from other stresses, though. Probably at the buffer tube, grip mounts and the take down pins.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Those files aren't necessarily intended for use in fabrication by additive means so much as they are for more traditional subtractive processes (e.g. milling).

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Slim Pickens posted:

The lower will still flex and crack from other stresses, though. Probably at the buffer tube, grip mounts and the take down pins.

Didn't someone make a wooden lower that worked?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

A lot of polymer lowers crack at the buffer tube, yeah. A printed one would be even weaker than a cast one. That weak spot is part of why the GWACS lower has the stock as an integral part, so they can beef up that weak point.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

I'm tempted to print one of those out, but then I'm wondering what the point is because after a quick look I don't trust them in the slightest.

upload this gun

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Gotta love me some of that jersey knee jerk reaction. The sheer stupidity of it irks me, but yeah welcome to the garden state, enjoy your stay.

I do think that in the very near future as materials become cheaper and more effective you will easily be able to print effective firearms that last more than just a few rounds of 22lr.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think you can get one particular model of metal 3D printer for about 60k with more around 100k which means in about 20 years everyone can make Mac-10s in their kitchen while you teleport your space coffee or whatever.

Getting excited about making some plastic zip guns that you would be better off using a block of steel and a drill press is dumb

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DoktorLoken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVHexdOeN0

3/4 idiots with lasers on their pistols show it off by shining it on their hand.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

not caring here posted:

I think you can get one particular model of metal 3D printer for about 60k with more around 100k which means in about 20 years everyone can make Mac-10s in their kitchen while you teleport your space coffee or whatever.

Getting excited about making some plastic zip guns that you would be better off using a block of steel and a drill press is dumb

Counterpoint: New Jersey lawmakers apparently have an IQ well below room-temperature.

YOUR CODES ARE DANGEROUS AND POSTING THEM ONLINE WOULD BE ILLEGAL SCCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I remember a few years ago there being some noise about enforcing ITAR on digital files. Like, making schematics available to view by foreign users would be a violation of export restrictions.

Luckily that died pretty quickly but who knows.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Godholio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVHexdOeN0

3/4 idiots with lasers on their pistols show it off by shining it on their hand.

Man, it's almost like there was something else he could have been pointing his gun at for a test. But what could it have been?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Man, it's almost like there was something else he could have been pointing his gun at for a test. But what could it have been?

Oh come on, how can he see the laser over the red spot 50 feet away? Human skin is the best reflector of coherent light.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I never said it was a good idea.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

Didn't someone make a wooden lower that worked?

Until it broke, yeah.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

McNally posted:

Until it broke, yeah.

I'm just thinking about the splinters

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0KBzK2Kho

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sorry kid, now you gonna have to write left handed because dad wanted youtube likes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This weekend I shot a war vintage Thompson. I don't really post in here but I wanted to share that it was every bit of amazing and fun my brain thought it would be.

Also the recoil on it was a loving dream :stare: :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Handsome Ralph posted:

This weekend I shot a war vintage Thompson. I don't really post in here but I wanted to share that it was every bit of amazing and fun my brain thought it would be.

Also the recoil on it was a loving dream :stare: :love:

Thompsons are great. Their recoil is just high enough to be fun while still being very controllable. Heavy 9mm guns like the Sten and MP 40 are so easy to control that it's almost cheating.