Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Quick? More like Sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quick is good

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

After deliberation decided that the Extra class gacha had better odds for not getting a dupe than the Caster one, and Jalter finally came home! I realize she hits like a truck, but it feels so weird not utilizing class advantages.

In other news, Scathach Skadi demonstrating why she is good by making best girl Medusa even bester.

https://twitter.com/minamikoyogi/status/1023556036727201794/video/1

:vince:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
On one hand the idea of NP5 Jalter is tempting, on the other I don't want to break my rule of not spending money on JP since I'm already an NA dolphin... :ohdear:

Pureauthor posted:

Trick or Treatment's colour scheme is just garish to me.

Agreed. People seem to like it because it's fetishy but it's just nauseating to me, and I'm a shameless weirdo who normally likes anime boobs.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 29, 2018

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.
[quote="“Endorph”" post="“486571347”"]
quick is good
[/quote]

no way friend, i have personally used a quick servant at least once and it literally killed me

thankfully the world of the dead has good internet access

if you ever use a quick card not only do you die, you also get the bad ending where your account is deleted and your phone just constantly emanates the sound of mash crying and being disappointed in you, even if you uninstall the app or change phones

just say no, kids

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Good god is seiba actually getting a buff?! :psyduck:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Cuntellectual posted:

I know, right? It only took them three years to realize 'Oh wait, we made one of the flagship characters of the entire Fate franchise redundant from day 1 by releasing her 4* version at launch who can do everything almost as well as she can while being much easier to get multiple copies of'.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Used 2 sumtix in a last - non quartz - effort to get something.

Lancer Karna.

Well now I have my 5* lancer woo!

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cuntellectual posted:

She's better than her son now! In gameplay mechanics, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
But Mordred has Das Boot as her animation update

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So they're gonna buff Arthur too... Right?

Right? :smith:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Saber getting an NP charge means now that she can, in theory, NP twice in a row with the right support and CE. Whether that makes her better in general or just better at farming in particular is up to you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rorahusky posted:

I know, right? It only took them three years to realize 'Oh wait, we made one of the flagship characters of the entire Fate franchise redundant from day 1 by releasing her 4* version at launch who can do everything almost as well as she can while being much easier to get multiple copies of'.

Then you remember storylock tho.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gologle posted:

Saber getting an NP charge means now that she can, in theory, NP twice in a row with the right support and CE. Whether that makes her better in general or just better at farming in particular is up to you.

isn't "better at farming" the best an AoE servant can hope for

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Quick is broken on a fundamental level, it's not something that can be solved by a single servant. Things like excess star generation and the very nature of a Quick brave chain would have to be significantly altered at the base.

One partial fix that occurred to me recently would be if they came up with a CE that you might ever choose over 2030 on a support servant. Obviously that's its own kind of power creep, but quick might get a little bit more viable again if teams actually had to give something up in order to get their 16 stars a turn.

The other approach would be a support that tries to make a quick team able to NP spam the way arts teams do, since one of quick's strengths is that its NPs do more damage than other types. I don't know how you make NP spam work without the arts chain bonus, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blockhouse posted:

Nah there are quite a few boss fights with multiple enemies which means AOE NP's have their use in some harder content.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Cuntellectual posted:

On one hand the idea of NP5 Jalter is tempting, on the other I don't want to break my rule of not spending money on JP since I'm already an NA dolphin... :ohdear:

Agreed. People seem to like it because it's fetishy but it's just nauseating to me, and I'm a shameless weirdo who normally likes anime boobs.

Trick or Treatment probably has the benefit of momentum considering ReDrop's previous 2 Halloween CEs. It's a shame that Mecha Martha never seemed to gain as much popularity.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Motto posted:

Then you remember storylock tho.

Alter has had plenty of rateups though.

Bakanogami posted:

She's better than her son now! In gameplay mechanics, at least.

I don't know about that. Even with the strengthening quest, Artoria is still just a generic AOE farm Servant. Meanwhile, Mordred is an AOE farm servant with the additional niche of being an Artoria killer. And Artoria shows up as a boss Servant quite frequently.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

trick or treatment is cool because i like the easter eggs of gilles, caligula, and phatom all being tranqed out semi-offscreen

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Some AoE NP Servants have riders on their NPs that make them generally useful for other stuff, and/or having roles outside their NPs too. Gilgamesh for example, despite having an AoE NP, is extremely highly regarded because his NP hits nearly as hard as a single target one against most relevant bosses and because he also functions as an extremely hard hitting crit Servant.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Probably when they release Proto Merlin for the revenue of a small nation.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are waiting for the perfect time. Any moment now

The time is now

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Sorry, Altria is the only gold Saber getting buffed this time.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I used up 270 quartz and came away with Skadi, NP2 Astolfo, NP2 Yan Qing, NP2 Lancelot, Atalante, and Beowulf.

...I think the game is telling me to run quick teams.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Some AoE NP Servants have riders on their NPs that make them generally useful for other stuff, and/or having roles outside their NPs too. Gilgamesh for example, despite having an AoE NP, is extremely highly regarded because his NP hits nearly as hard as a single target one against most relevant bosses and because he also functions as an extremely hard hitting crit Servant.

Lancer Alter Artoria is also a really solid boss killer despite having an AoE NP, since her version of Protection of World's End turns her into a critting /monster/ for one turn. It's like Intuition, if Intuition were actually Not poo poo, since in addition to dumping a bunch of Crit Stars in the pool, it also buffs Crit Star Gather and Crit Damage.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's only a 60% chance to hit but the NP seal on Lalter's NP is also super useful.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

It's only a 60% chance to hit but the NP seal on Lalter's NP is also super useful.

I found the opposite to be true. For every time it helped me out I had two times that the boss killed me because I couldn't really afford to waste the NPBB brave chain.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rorahusky posted:

Lancer Alter Artoria is also a really solid boss killer despite having an AoE NP, since her version of Protection of World's End turns her into a critting /monster/ for one turn. It's like Intuition, if Intuition were actually Not poo poo, since in addition to dumping a bunch of Crit Stars in the pool, it also buffs Crit Star Gather and Crit Damage.

They gave OG Saber an NP Charge to match Lancer Arturia.

Just watch as Saber Alter gets a Crit Star Gather

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

They gave OG Saber an NP Charge to match Lancer Arturia.

Just watch as Saber Alter gets a Crit Star Gather

I would be perfectly alright with this. Crits are delicious, especially when paired with ways to generate Crits.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

genericnick posted:

I found the opposite to be true. For every time it helped me out I had two times that the boss killed me because I couldn't really afford to waste the NPBB brave chain.
Not sure if this necessarily addresses what you're getting at (which I might be reading wrong), but NP seal also prevents NP charging at all so if it lands at all you're still delaying the boss even on non-NP turns. I didn't realize/understand NP seal did this until I used Ozy. You should be free to fire it off whenever and potentially reap its benefits.

In turns of AOE debuffs I think it's pretty up there, better than the usual crit down nonsense (as situationally useful as that was during Rashomon). It's why I'm looking forward to using Surfer Mo once I get her kitted up since she offers something relatively similar.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Not sure if this necessarily addresses what you're getting at (which I might be reading wrong), but NP seal also prevents NP charging at all so if it lands at all you're still delaying the boss even on non-NP turns.

I never noticed....

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

In turns of AOE debuffs I think it's pretty up there, better than the usual crit down nonsense (as situationally useful as that was during Rashomon). It's why I'm looking forward to using Surfer Mo once I get her kitted up since she offers something relatively similar.

I don't think I'd call crit chance down situational; in any serious boss fight you're almost always going to be one or two well placed crits away from losing the lynchpin of your team, and the longer the fight goes on the more likely it is that your number comes up. Being able to reduce that chance from fairly low to zero is a big deal.

I'd agree that NP drain/seal is usually better, though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

but NP seal also prevents NP charging at all so if it lands at all you're still delaying the boss even on non-NP turns. I didn't realize/understand NP seal did this until I used Ozy. You should be free to fire it off whenever and potentially reap its benefits.

:eyepop:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorahusky posted:

I would be perfectly alright with this. Crits are delicious, especially when paired with ways to generate Crits.

I don't think the Saber Artorias are very much about crits, though.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Ozymadias and Skadi in 30 quartz. I've mostly abandoned my JP account this year and made NA my main server, but drat if JP isn't trying to lure me back.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I've been working on JPN catching up to Lostbelt 2 to get mats for Valkyrie and threw a little bit of money here and there.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

160 free sq and a Caster Gil spook later and I have my Skadi.

Contrary to what the meta demands I now have the most op Arts team possible, a very good Quick team and the most potato Buster servants.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Would Ozymandias, Hans and Mephisto work as a team? Because I'm on team Koyasu.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Would Ozymandias, Hans and Mephisto work as a team? Because I'm on team Koyasu.

Mozart is a potato, but then Ozy and Hans are so good that the third guy honestly doesnt matter. And I guess Mozart can setup some insane burst once in a blue moon, not that Ozy needs anymore stars than Hans with a 2030 can provide on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Wuxi posted:

Mozart is a potato, but then Ozy and Hans are so good that the third guy honestly doesnt matter. And I guess Mozart can setup some insane burst once in a blue moon, not that Ozy needs anymore stars than Hans with a 2030 can provide on his own.

Mephisto, not Mozart. Mozart is wayyy better than Mephisto.

Mephisto is definitely usable after his Strengthening Quest because he can apply Buff Block (3 times) to enemies. There are enough boss enemies that enjoy dropping crazy buffs on themselves for Mephisto to carve out a little niche for himself. His Innocent Monster can stack with Hans' to give you a sizeable Crit Star income for Ozy, but that's about all he provides. His damage is rear end and his NP is useless.