Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought it was great still. The quinceanera was definitely the highlight.:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Yeah I thought it was great. Super great. I can't decide if SBC is gonna destroy the country or save it, though. This show is unbelievable in that I can't tell what of it is real and what if is unreal. My lovely wifi/Comcast app, however, is at least partially to blame.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This show is pure genius.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

aaaaahahahaha when the cops show up and see the pussy weapon

the rest of the episode wasn't great but that moment was everything.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Ah poo poo it's not good news unfortunately, the whole new episode was executed even more poorly than most of episode 1. Big letdown from last week's quality.

Show us on the doll where Baron Cohen touched you. Seriously, that bit was gold, and you're bitching about it in several threads now.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

PT6A posted:

Show us on the doll where Baron Cohen touched you. Seriously, that bit was gold, and you're bitching about it in several threads now.

I talked about "that bit" in one thread to specifically rebut one post about it. Great detective work though.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The liberal professor needs to do more bits like the town hall. Every other time he's been on it's totally flat. The Mossad guy is by far the best.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That character is growing on me. It was great when he started to win over the crowd at the rap battle. I want to see more from the other 3.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I actually enjoyed the rap battle.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's no politician chasing Baron Cohen with his naked rear end and shouting racial slurs, but that was still a very solid episode.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheBizzness posted:

I actually enjoyed the rap battle.

The crowd deciding to go on with it was pretty great.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Ah poo poo it's not good news unfortunately, the whole new episode was executed even more poorly than most of episode 1. Big letdown from last week's quality.

I found episode 2 the weakest so far, but all first 3 episodes have each had some gold and some bits that just doesn't work.

The cops showing up was perfect. loving hell.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
loving

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Christ

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you guys are crazy that was awesome.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

If you think this episode sucked you suck this episode was amazing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watching that did in a dress talk to cops and the guy with the camera trying to throw everyone else under the bus annd andand

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah the cops showing up and the rap battle were great

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not a gigantic fan of 3/4 segments but that whole catching Mexicans bit was holy poo poo incredible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Escobarbarian posted:

Not a gigantic fan of 3/4 segments but that whole catching Mexicans bit was holy poo poo incredible

It was soooo good.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
That was by far the weakest episode yet.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

No way. The subtlety of this episode and the buildup was absolutely incredible. Last episode certainly set the bar in terms of in-your-face style stuffff that owned, this was much more subdued but fantastic in its own way.

The Roy Moore scene was just priceless.

The weakest scene was the rapper and former politician, by far, but everything else was outstanding.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Android Blues posted:

Yeah the gallery lady ruled. If anything by the end it felt like she was pranking Cohen, because she was just totally unselfconscious and escalated the scenario to a level he started to look vaguely uncomfortable with.

He'd totally been expecting, "I push and push until she melts down and reveals her avant garde approach to art has limits," and instead she pushes back and escalates it to the point where he has to handle snippets of her pubic hair. I want to be friends with that woman.

She's an art history grad student and I got to know her when I was staying at an academic institution that she was working at as well. She's a really nice person and the person she was on film is pretty much who she is, from what I could tell.

I was floored to see her randomly pop up in the show, since I just assumed that she was a grad student, though she did mention working in an art gallery on the side. I did find it pretty cringeworthy to watch her, to be honest, just because she sounded pretentious and ridiculous in a few parts.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As far as art-related people I've met go she sounded as tame as possible given the material she was dealing with and not very pretentious at all. And as far as people being pranked by Sacha go, when it comes down to being ridiculed she's noteworthy for being one of the people who took it the best. I imagine it'd be cringy for me to see someone I know in her role but she loving ruled.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The pieces of the Quinceañera segment fell in place so beautifully, it could have been a "Curb your Enthusiasm" episode.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BSam posted:

The cops showing up was perfect. loving hell.

Cops: "We got a calls about suspicious activity here."

Grown man dressed like a 15 year old girl at a quinceanera: "We're unaware."

TheKevman posted:

The weakest scene was the rapper and former politician, by far, but everything else was outstanding.

A weak scene, but that black guy's facial expressions were amazing.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

mcbexx posted:

The pieces of the Quinceañera segment fell in place so beautifully, it could have been a "Curb your Enthusiasm" episode.

It was amazing, and if you think this episode was weak, then your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

SBC sent the art gallery lady from episode 1 an in-character letter.

https://twitter.com/ChristyCones/status/1022457787345817600

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

Cops: "We got a calls about suspicious activity here."

Grown man dressed like a 15 year old girl at a quinceanera: "We're unaware."

A weak scene, but that black guy's facial expressions were amazing.

So true, the last freeze frame was priceless.

I loving LOVE this show.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GO AHEAD. MAKE MY 15TH BIRTHDAY.:mad:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Why do you have a box of condoms and lube?

For fighting, officer! You smear the lube on your face and the punches just slide off you.:hai:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man Sacha is such a genius. Loving this show so far. I can't count how many moments I laughed uncontrollably.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"When he was inside me, he did a rocking motion with his phallus."

Oh god, and the quinceañera guys and the rohypnol guacamole :cripes:

That was so dumb and I couldn't stop laughing, especially when the cops showed up and everything was incriminating.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have to think the cops were actors there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I laughed so hard at the sign.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

"What is that? It looks like a fake vagina."

".....That's exactly what it is."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zesty posted:

I have to think the cops were actors there.

I thought probably the show called the cops

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I could believe someone calling the cops with a sign like that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The weirdest thing is that Sacha Baron Cohen is a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mcbexx posted:

"What are the condoms and KY for?"
*close-up on the guy in a dress*
*Curb theme plays*

The thing I was hoping for was that he was gonna actually do really well in the rap battle. What he did was funny but totally predictable. If he had stayed in that style of speaking but actually knocked it out of the park it would have been way funnier and I think that crowd would have gone with it, they were having a lot of fun when he did the "macro-penis" diss at the end.

• Locked thread