Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

wait does this mean it wasn't a ruse and a hero's sidekick just decided to murder a reporter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Golden Claw is the villain.

Possibly.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

Possibly.

But I assume the stabby ladies are not on the side of Golden Claw, since they were very surprised for him to be here.

Maybe?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

But I assume the stabby ladies are not on the side of Golden Claw, since they were very surprised for him to be here.

Maybe?

at least one of them is his relative, and he helped out by subduing a dude they were chasing. how did you even come to this conclusion?

also, colleen wing isn't chinese!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Maybe?

I didn’t realise NSM himself was actually a poster in this thread

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

at least one of them is his relative, and he helped out by subduing a dude they were chasing. how did you even come to this conclusion?

Based on the last few arcs, being related makes it more likely you're opposing each other.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also the woman who plays Colleen Wing in the stupid Iron Fist show this arc is built on is half-Chinese, so let's not pretend for a second that Colleen Wing being Japanese actually matters.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Remind me again the why of all this effort to shutdown a no-name reporter.

I mean, if it's because of Iron Fist there's probably a bunch of other reporters looking out for the dude -- are they going to kill every one of them?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Waaaait a second. You don't suppose NSM Claw is the super genius not-Fu Manchu he is in the 616 do you? What if it turns out that, either through deduction or through spying, he found out Pete is Spidey after the whole hospital kerfuffle?

I wouldn't put it past the strip to offset the guest hero being even worse than NSM by making the villain hyper-competant...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, it's very simple albeit dumb as heck. the three chinese women were at that dojo looking for iron fist (because they work for yellow claw and yellow claw is fighting if, which i'm kind of sad needed to be explained), peter popped in and asked them where iron fist was, and they immediately schemed to capture him. either they think he is if's friend, or else they are characters in newspaper spiderman and they want to ask him where if is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
of course, now that he is captured they will quickly discover that peter knows nothing at all about any subject.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
In fact, the longer they keep Peter to try and interrogate him, the stupider they all will become. His mind is a black hole; merely being in his presence begins to drain your brainpower, like a black hole sucking away stellar material.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

Possibly.

He is the person who knocked Peter out with a blow to the head this storyline, so chances are pointing towards Golden Claw teaming up with Spider-Man.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
So fake Collen Wing is Suwan? She was in love with Jimmy Woo back in the day

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no, it's very simple albeit dumb as heck. the three chinese women were at that dojo looking for iron fist (because they work for yellow claw and yellow claw is fighting if, which i'm kind of sad needed to be explained), peter popped in and asked them where iron fist was, and they immediately schemed to capture him. either they think he is if's friend, or else they are characters in newspaper spiderman and they want to ask him where if is.
Hello would you like to write for the Daily Bugle?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Samuringa posted:

If you walk in a Dojo and there's no one to defend it, it's yours, thems the rules.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“You young fools!” - me to anyone under 25

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
"He (having done no previous research whatsoever like an actual journalist) assumed I was Wing, because all Asians look alike to him."

Maybe Peter kinda deserved that rear end kicking.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

“You young fools!” - me to anyone under 25

It certainly sounds like what the Hogwarts teachers in My Immortal would say.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hello would you like to write for the Daily Bugle?

Please please let this mean golden claw ran into Peter in the newspaperverse 30 years ago.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is he wearing glasses or did someone pull the ol shoe polish on the binoculars trick on him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"i recognize this man, and so should you!" claw then turns and points to the very large framed portrait on the wall, labeled "World's Biggest Idiot".

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Or a motivational poster with Peter’s mug on it.

“ARE YOU THIS MAN? DON’T BE THIS MAN, USE YOUR THINK-MEATS FIRST”

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

joehonkie posted:

"He (having done no previous research whatsoever like an actual journalist) assumed I was Wing, because all Asians look alike to him."

Maybe Peter kinda deserved that rear end kicking.

I donno, if I walked into Wing's dojo having never seen a picture of her and found three women with swords out as if they're sparring, I'd ask "Is one of you Colleen Wing" too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I recognize this man... he's the bum who always appears in the background of pictures of Supermodel/Actress Mary Jane Watson!"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Push El Burrito posted:

Is he wearing glasses or did someone pull the ol shoe polish on the binoculars trick on him?

I think they're supposed to be crows feet wrinkles.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"I recognise this man!" Said Claw, embracing Peter tenderly.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Elfface posted:

"I recognise this man!" Said Claw, embracing Peter tenderly.

He took such great pictures for the Daily Bugle?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I swear to God, if he recognized him because of the Daily Bugle article

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

"i recognize this man, and so should you!" claw then turns and points to the very large framed portrait on the wall, labeled "World's Biggest Idiot".

But that's a picture of Iron Fist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's a fan of MJ! He's going to get her autograph by holding Peter hostage!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, mary jane parker, the actress who starred in a direct to video movie! given his connection to such an awe-inspiring luminary he is very important.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Peter getting bailed out by MJ when she isn't even in the city.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

"I recognize this man... he's the bum who always appears in the background of pictures of Supermodel/Actress Mary Jane Watson!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's a fan of MJ! He's going to get her autograph by holding Peter hostage!

:stare:

If you're reading this, I just want you to know I love you, Stan Lee..............'s ghost writer.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"Also he's Spiderman, but that's less important than that he's married to an actress"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"You must connect strands of information" is a fancy way to say "I'm so deep into tabloid gossip I recognize the loser husband of a D-tier actress."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
If one more goon theory ends up true, that'll be too much coincidence and there'll be no question that the writer is in the thread. If so, put me on the bandwagon of appreciation sir or madame, you bring me happiness daily. :love:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The strip's on too much of a delay for that one to count.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"You must connect strands of information" is a fancy way to say "I'm so deep into tabloid gossip I recognize the loser husband of a D-tier actress."

I love the idea of Golden Claw being a catty, gossip-obsessed old guy.

*at the nail salon* "Bitch, did you see what Demi Lovato was wearing to the Grammys? Uh-uh, talk to the Claw."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

His henchmen tried to kill Jimmy Woo because Woo posted online talking trash about Dancing With The Stars.