Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Propitious Jerk posted:

Has a great color pallet which sells the atmosphere. The bright green panel could be moved inward a bit if you'd like to keep it as a focal point. The perspective is off, you lose it the most with the top two rows of windows in the background which don't match the balcony.

thanks for the critique, im aware of my continuing perspective issues (tho this one is probably one of my better ones) do you have any guidance in that area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Al! posted:

thanks for the critique, im aware of my continuing perspective issues (tho this one is probably one of my better ones) do you have any guidance in that area?

Draw the horizon line, vanishing points, and orthogonals as a separate layer and overlay it to check your lines are correct before going in on details

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you ever draw something that starts as one thing but becomes something completely else???

edit:

Al! fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 30, 2018

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Just a WIP for art fight but I'd really like to finish it because I think it's cute.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Felt like poo poo tonight.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1024033453589839872

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Experimenting with media I hadn't used before:

Cheapo oil pastels! Not completely sure if I like them.

Gouache! I only had that one pigment, so I got to make do with water concentrations.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

A buncha drawings I made while away for the weekend!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Everything is OK. Everything is on fire.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Choo choo sketch train.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1024230347582709761

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

^ Really like that one, it's got a nice cell-shaded vibe to it, very windwaker.

Not feeling it today, and no-one was cooperating properly. Ah well, c'est la vie.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Just have not been drawing in forever and trying to make an effort to get back into it , even if only for an hour or less every day. This is pretty rough and dodgy but I might do the colouring thing in photoshop eventually. I kind of want to start again and make the heads look more like shop fronts in some western scene. Just fun to be drawing again though tbh!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Crappers posted:

Just have not been drawing in forever and trying to make an effort to get back into it , even if only for an hour or less every day. This is pretty rough and dodgy but I might do the colouring thing in photoshop eventually. I kind of want to start again and make the heads look more like shop fronts in some western scene. Just fun to be drawing again though tbh!

This looks tight, can you scan it? It’s hard to see.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Good drawing day today, lots of people who didn't move too much (unlike yesterday's clown-show), and I was much more in the mood.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Neon Noodle posted:

This looks tight, can you scan it? It’s hard to see.

Seems my scanner shat the bed but I have a new one on the way so will upload a better pic asap!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Cleaned up version of that monk.

This will hopefully be used to make a laser burned wood block soon.

These are really good! Makes me wish I still went to figure drawing regularly.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 1, 2018

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Quick sketch on my Yoga.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1024780336516026368

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Crappers posted:

Color it and throw it up on threadless or something!

Finally hammered out the rest of my map, just waiting on the client for place-names.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1024896347000987648

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

game made me cry

Frown Town
Sep 10, 2009

does not even lift
SWAG SWAG SWAG YOLO

Was feeling nostalgic for EverQuest. Firiona Vie with a not-stupid top... and a list of things I need for this weekend's cabin trip.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordSA/status/1025073700721319936?s=19
I created a new favorite character

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
I'm in love. :swoon:

In art-related news, I'm in a total rut and don't know what to do with myself anymore.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Neon Noodle posted:

I'm in love. :swoon:

In art-related news, I'm in a total rut and don't know what to do with myself anymore.

Thanks! He just wants to enjoy his hobbies now that the hustle and bustle is behind him.

I usually fall back to drawing things I mostly know I'll have fun looking at when they're done (cute girls) but it's also important to let yourself take time off if you're feeling a little dried up. Alternatively, if you're just looking for inspiration, draw a cute girl. Or guy. Draw a cutie, is what I'm saying.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Change medium for a week, force a change!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Quick portrait with mechanical pencil

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Getting started on a comic. possibly. maybe.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

drat, that's looking great already - love the b&w balance, and the post-apoc thing. Do more, I wanna know where this goes! You should come to the comic-making thread, we have such things to show you!

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
I'll make a post in the comic thread when I have more than two rough pages, ideally a dozen or so for prologue.

2 more:

Propitious Jerk fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 4, 2018

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Bad-rear end last panel, I'm luvin it!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

av work 4 charity

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

The highlight on the shadowed cheek might work better if I used it elsewhere

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Just a WIP for art fight but I'd really like to finish it because I think it's cute.

Love your work, always stellar. Great volume.

Frown Town
Sep 10, 2009

does not even lift
SWAG SWAG SWAG YOLO

think I posted this in some other thread but here's something I've been working on in Procreate/Ipad Pro+Pencil combo.. love this thing. It's like having a digital sketchbook/paint pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I miss my tablet. Turns out, putting it in a bag next to my pencil case was a bad idea. My pencil case has half-pans of watercolour held in place with rare earth magnets. :saddowns: