Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

jarofpiss posted:

those the operation werewolf guys?

Operation Werewolf is a feeder club for Wolves of Vinland, like the minor league team that the major league recruits from. OpWerewolf is just about lifting weights and listening to black metal on the surface, but if you're Down With The Cause you can get promoted into the Wolves proper and smear yourself with blood and mud while you dance naked around a fire and burn down majority-black churches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ThatMTSasquatch/status/1023959588054425601
new owner is considering nuking the escapist forums

he should nuke the forums imo

edit: also i may have mentioned this before, but that gendersplosion cthulhusquatch twitter account is actually an old-school former nazi who went by "mjodr" and was tied up in white ethnostate poo poo in the PNW back in the day. got out of the movement and made a lot of enemies on the far right in the process. cool dude.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 16:58 on Jul 30, 2018

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Earl and Randy Hickey: The Early Years

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

edit: also i may have mentioned this before, but that gendersplosion cthulhusquatch twitter account is actually an old-school former nazi who went by "mjodr" and was tied up in white ethnostate poo poo in the PNW back in the day. got out of the movement and made a lot of enemies on the far right in the process. cool dude.

man im glad i stopped reading that place and came here instead

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

lol. also it did recently come out that alt-right groups were intentionally recruiting gamers via in-game chat and gaming discords throughout the entire gamergate saga.

this worked out very well for the alt-right, whose ranks swelled with pepes who never shut the gently caress up about ethics in gaming journalism and are complete embarrassments to your supposed deep thought political movement. world's worst brownshirts.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just learned that along with the lee statue, the charlottesville city council also voted to remove a stonewall jackson statue sculpted by charles keck (pronounced kek)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Al! posted:

i just learned that along with the lee statue, the charlottesville city council also voted to remove a stonewall jackson statue sculpted by charles keck (pronounced kek)

Good

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Al! posted:

Meme Magic at work.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Phlegmatist posted:

lol. also it did recently come out that alt-right groups were intentionally recruiting gamers via in-game chat and gaming discords throughout the entire gamergate saga.

this worked out very well for the alt-right, whose ranks swelled with pepes who never shut the gently caress up about ethics in gaming journalism and are complete embarrassments to your supposed deep thought political movement. world's worst brownshirts.

In retrospect, I don’t know how much direct recruitment mattered. The gamergate crowd was already reactionary and drinking up 4chan nazi talk. Some form of what happened was probably inevitable given the conditions of our horrible historical moment.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

My Cuck Dad posted:

Meme Magic at work.

i only found out because the statue and sculptor was mentioned in biography of harry s truman and it immediately freaked my poo poo out

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Egyptologists are probably days away from discovering that kek is pronounced “cock.”

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao kek more like kuk

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:bisonyes:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

slomo was a nice touch

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

How dare they remove a statue to the great autist!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

How dare they remove a statue to the great autist!

keck also did huey long's tombstone so im calling this one many sides, many sides

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

keck also did huey long's tombstone so im calling this one many sides, many sides

BTW some tea party filth tried to attack people removing confederate statues by insinuating it was a "both sides" issue due to the statue of The Kingfish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqptyZMo77M&t=40s

BTW I love how there are now two alt history mods out there for HOI4 that let you have Huey lead America.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

BTW some tea party filth tried to attack people removing confederate statues by insinuating it was a "both sides" issue due to the statue of The Kingfish

BTW I love how there are now two alt history mods out there for HOI4 that let you have Huey lead America.

What's the one besides Kaiserriech? And is he a fascist like he is in Kaiserriech?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

KomradeX posted:

What's the one besides Kaiserriech? And is he a fascist like he is in Kaiserriech?

it's the one that's alt history based off kr, which itself is alt history

and no he's full on social Democrat in that one

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
So is Yahtzee a Nazi or not?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Taredan posted:

I hope not because I enjoy his books as light background reading in the form of audiobooks while I do housework and stuff

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
He's not, he just likes needs money to eat.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Taredan posted:

Yahtzee is probably the one person that could get away with the excuse that he hates everyone equally

But for some comfort, he seems to think that Trump is an idiot from some offhanded mentions in his videos

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Crowsbeak posted:

Three actually, goon made Deluge

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Conspiratiorist posted:

He's not, he just likes needs money to eat.

That's good, no more heroes etc. but he's pretty good at what he does and I would have been sad to put him in the Nazi dumpster.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Feldegast42 posted:

Yahtzee is probably the one person that could get away with the excuse that he hates everyone equally

But for some comfort, he seems to think that Trump is an idiot from some offhanded mentions in his videos

He's definitely a lib, whether he's a shitlib or someone like Mike Duncan remains to be seen.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MizPiz posted:

He's definitely a lib, whether he's a shitlib or someone like Mike Duncan remains to be seen.

I refuse to investigate further until at least after I finish Mogworld

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

thats not paul giamatti?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Taredan posted:

He plays video games on YouTube (100% a Nazi)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Siljmonster posted:

He plays video games on YouTube (100% a Nazi)

Hi bros my name is pewwwdeeepie *drops n-word in stream* oh poo poo accident I dunno where that came from *has a death to all Jews sign made* oh geez that might be a little out of context *constantly makes Nazi jokes to alt-right fanbase* I swear I don’t know where this is coming from I blame the Wall Street Journal

video games were a mistake

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

The Phlegmatist posted:

I'm reading the comments on the above page and it's good enough cause to just nuke the entire site imo. Makes one just not want to play video games anymore, jesus.

Also I actually partake in sword fighting stuff and can vouch for nazis slowly getting into the field. It's been a big worry, especially since one of the biggest names in historical fencing went nazi recently. Thankfully there's been a lot of pushback, at least in the historical fencing side of it. A lot of the hema crowd leans left politically, not very common to see any outward conservatives in it.

My Crab is Fight has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Jul 30, 2018

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not playing videogames anymore is a good idea regardless

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

^^^^^

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It may be a good idea, but is it the right idea?

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

BurningCourage posted:

Also I actually partake in sword fighting stuff and can vouch for nazis slowly getting into the field. It's been a big worry, especially since one of the biggest names in historical fencing went nazi recently. Thankfully there's been a lot of pushback, at least in the historical fencing side of it. A lot of the hema crowd leans left politically, not very common to see any outward conservatives in it.

back when I was active in that stuff (and also the ren faire!) every woman was a wiccan and every guy was a staunch libertarian

I think all the ron paul kill you're parents people became fascist at some point ron paul was always a neoconfederate, not a libertarian

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

The Phlegmatist posted:

back when I was active in that stuff (and also the ren faire!) every woman was a wiccan and every guy was a staunch libertarian

I think all the ron paul kill you're parents people became fascist at some point ron paul was always a neoconfederate, not a libertarian

I'm in the UK, so it usually takes the form of extreme fear of brown people, especially any of them who want to also fence. Axel Petterson, one of the if not the driving force behind historical fencing/hema decided to get into Generation Identity among with other blood-and-soil altright material. Suffice to say it's been a pretty big deal with many of the community wanting to push him out completely, and the man himself lying low as of late. He ran an equipment shop and was part of the Swordfish events, so who knows how long those will last.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the HEMA youtube creators seem fairly left leaning. i know skallagrim has spoken on transgender issues and and scholagladiatoria sometimes wears a FAR shirt in his videos https://www.londonlongsword.com/far/

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Agean90 posted:

it's the one that's alt history based off kr, which itself is alt history

and no he's full on social Democrat in that one

There's an alt history mod of the alt history mod? I'll have to see if I can find it later

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Reclines Obesily posted:

the HEMA youtube creators seem fairly left leaning. i know skallagrim has spoken on transgender issues and and scholagladiatoria sometimes wears a FAR shirt in his videos https://www.londonlongsword.com/far/

Yeah they like thankfully most of the HEMA community are left leaning. Right now the problem is small and the community has been doing a reasonably good job of keeping it that way. HEMA being a sport in its nature sort of (aside from Axel Petterson) has some immunity against most of the altright types as well. It's physical, hard work and requires one to go out and interact with people, mostly fit people who could deliver an rear end kicking pretty handily. There's crossover with other martial arts as well, so you get BJJ types and the like joining clubs in their spare time. This I feel helps keep the nazi crowd largely out.

The only really nazi community I can think of in HEMA is the german Holmgang dudes, and absolutely nobody likes them, and they largely keep away from the rest of the hema crowd anyway. Given how they "fence" they will prob all kill each other eventually anyway.

My Crab is Fight has issued a correction as of 21:18 on Jul 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can pretty confidently assess whether or not a particular youtube name is a super turbo nazi or not going entirely by if I've seen it recommended to me or not

Have they been recommended to me? probably a huge shithead right winger

Name I don't recognize? Probably okay