Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I don't know, Jimmy Vesey?

Kreider - Couturier - Stone
Burakovsky - Spezza - Anderson
Vesey - Jankowski - Armia

Hedman - Manson
Nurse - Petry
x - Rutta

Hellebuyck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

up now: Jamwad Hilder until 7:43 PM
Yaya
i am the bird
Furnaceface
Aye Doc x2

owes picks:
a false (x1)

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Jamwad is skipped and I'm taking my third straight Michael in Michael Raffl

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
i am the bird (until 9:55 PM EST)
Furnaceface
Aye Doc (x2)

Skipped:
a false (x1)
Jamwad Hilder (x1)

Kilza fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 30, 2018

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Gimme Kasperi Kapanen.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kyle Brodziak is being liberated from the notoriously bad Oilers to find sanctuary in New Jersey.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

Kyle Brodziak is being liberated from the notoriously bad Oilers to find sanctuary in New Jersey.

2018-19 Hart winner Kyle Brodziak

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So to add some context since I know you all care about my picks so very much I took Cole because he's a decent #5/6 who can kill penalties. And for the type of player he is, he's not a blackhole of possession.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

fawning deference posted:

2018-19 Hart winner Kyle Brodziak

You mean 2019-20 Hart winner.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

self censored

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Furnaceface (until 12 PM EST)
i am the bird
Yaya
Jamwad Hilder
Kilza

Skipped:
Jamwad Hilder (x1)
a false (x1)

Kilza fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 30, 2018

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I take Andreas Borgman and Colin Wilson

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
taking Madison Bowey with the pick I missed earlier

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Work posting so can't check but ill take a chance on Bellemare. If he's taken skip me until I get home.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
he is available, i updated the spreadsheet for you

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Slater Koekkoek, who might not be a real person and who might not be good but maybe he is and maybe he is?

Marleau - Seguin - DeBrincat
Perron - Johansen - Simmonds
x - Jarnkrok - Kapanen
x - Andersson - Tippett

Slavin - Subban
Lindell - Faulk
Koekkoek - x

Hutton

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Whoever does the Jets scouting should probably be a GM soon because they're hitting every year. Vesalainen had an incredible +1 in the Liiga and is huge, fast, and skilled. I remember watching video of him before the draft and being surprised his numbers weren't better than they were, and then last year happened. He should sign before the season.

Here's Pronman on him:

quote:

Vesalainen has been very good this season in Finland, showing some of the promise of his 16-year-old campaign and rebounding nicely from a so-so draft season. It’s easy to be impressed by a 6-foot-3 forward who can skate and handle the puck the way Vesalainen does. He can break open a shift by way of being a playmaker or a goal scorer and can put defensemen on their heels. I worry about some of his reads, although I think that area of his game looked fine at the world juniors, and he’s not very engaged off the puck, but the upside is tantalizing.

And Scott Wheeler:

quote:

The worry with Vesalainen, and part of the reason he fell so far after beginning his draft year as a projected top-10 pick was that he dominated international tournaments because he was so much bigger and stronger than his peers. Many scouts questioned whether he had enough talent to emerge as a top-line threat at the pro level, or whether he would settle in as more of a depth guy. In his time in the SHL, he could never really shed that. But he was also really, really young. This year, he broke those moulds and emerged as a towering, borderline unstoppable presence off the wing. While his play in the playoffs on loan to Karpat wasn’t as dominant as he was with HPK, he still put together one of the better seasons in recent memory in Finland for a teenager. If he continues to progress at last year’s rate, he’ll give an already loaded Jets forward group the cheap depth they’re going to need once Patrik Laine and company get paid.

Mittlestadt-Eichel-Zadina
Pettersson-Necas-Wahlstrom
Vesalainen-Borgstrom-Glass

Dahlin-Heiskanen
McAvoy- Makar

Samsonov
Hart

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 30, 2018

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I believe Yaya gets skipped since it's both 2 hours later than i am the bird's last pick and also past noon EST.

so I am picking Kailer Yamamoto who is a little guy but is high skill and can play center and left wing. My forwards are skewing a bit older too at the moment, so I think it'd be good to have a guy who could maybe play with Strome and Marner in the fantasy future.

Pacioretty-Kuznetsov-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Stastny-Oshie
Strome-Spooner-Nyquist
Yamamoto-?-?

Krug-Carlo
Theodore-Nutivaara

Schneider

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Let's go with Penny Oleksiak's brother, Jamie Oleksiak, this time

x - x - x

Hedman - Manson
Nurse - Petry
Oleksiak - Rutta

Hellebuyck
x

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

Let's go with Penny Oleksiak's brother, Jamie Oleksiak, this time

x - x - x

Hedman - Manson
Nurse - Petry
Oleksiak - Rutta

Hellebuyck
x

I dunno what to make of Jaime O. His possession numbers (even relative to the team) were much improved on the Pens and he did show a little bit of offense. I wouldn't trust him as anything more than a bottom pair guy though. The Pens only played him like 14 mins a night in the playoffs which is honestly about all you can comfortably play him in a big game.

But for the regular season at least he's adequate on the third pair.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I dunno what to make of Jaime O. His possession numbers (even relative to the team) were much improved on the Pens and he did show a little bit of offense. I wouldn't trust him as anything more than a bottom pair guy though. The Pens only played him like 14 mins a night in the playoffs which is honestly about all you can comfortably play him in a big game.

But for the regular season at least he's adequate on the third pair.

He has a good stride and a pretty good shot. He reminds me of a lesser [player not yet picked] in a lot of ways.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Whoever does the Jets scouting should probably be a GM soon because they're hitting every year. Vesalainen had an incredible +1 in the Liiga and is huge, fast, and skilled. I remember watching video of him before the draft and being surprised his numbers weren't better than they were, and then last year happened. He should sign before the season.

Here's Pronman on him:

And Scott Wheeler:

Mittlestadt-Eichel-Zadina
Pettersson-Necas-Wahlstrom
Vesalainen-Borgstrom-Glass

Dahlin-Heiskanen
McAvoy- Makar

Samsonov
Hart

The Jets could very well have their third straight 30 goal rookie. Also man the Canes with Svechnikov/Necas/Zykov and that solid young D really just need a drat goalie.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The Avalanche need more leadership. Dan Girardi

Ennis - Kuraly - Brouwer
x - Flippula - Reaves
x - Thomson - Clutterbuck
x - de la Rose - x

Greene - Ekblad
Beaulieu - Girardi
Pouliot - x

MAF
Rittich

Extras: Quine

Mentholmoose is up

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm not sure he'll play this year for them, most likely next year or even the year after. They were somewhat slow with Roslovic and Connor. That being said he's a big dude who can fly, so maybe that gets him there sooner.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Gimme Jason Pominville. He’s a good vet depth piece.

Benn-Giroux-Konecny
Schmaltz-Krejci-Killorn
Pominville-Brassard-Fischer
Frost

Ghost-Ellis
Myers-Goligoski
Hickey

Rask

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Pominville is super underrated and still an good middle six player. That's a pretty nice third line.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oops I slept in.

Gimme fuckin' uhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nick Suzuki

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fawning deference posted:

Pominville is super underrated and still an good middle six player. That's a pretty nice third line.

he fell off a cliff last year

love the guy, but he's toast

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
We're going to need to make T-Bone pick a bunch of waiver wire fodder to actually play in the NHL this year.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
is it time to move to one pick a day for everybody

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tofes posted:

is it time to move to one pick a day for everybody

we are going to move to one pick per day total so that we can stretch this out to the start of the season

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

teemu wants linus soderstrom

aphrodite is up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scott Wilson

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim would like to select Jake Virtanen. At 21 years old Virtanen has some room to grow and we hope with some time in our organization he will be able to blossom into a middle 6 winger. Having been suspended for 2 games and fined $9,614.70 for interference on Roman Polak our organization knows he's capable where it counts.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Jonathan Fisk posted:

he fell off a cliff last year

love the guy, but he's toast

His fall off a cliff numbers aren't that bad really, unless he gets injured he shouldn't be that bad as a third liner.

And if there is a problem, he's a free agent after the season anyway, so what do I care.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's fine for our purposes but Eichel weekend at Bernie'd him

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I believe I am up. Artturi Lehkonen because he can score a good amount for the ice time he gets.

E: I was hoping for another quality center but I think I'll just shuffle Linholm back into place and let Danault do 4th line duties.

Keller - Scheifele - Mantha
Fabbri - Patrick - Carter
Lehkonen - E. Lindholm - Frolik
X - Danault - X

H. Lindholm - Parayko
Hjalmarsson - Pesce
Grzelcyk

Dubnyk

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 30, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Drunk Canuck (8:07 PM EST)
T-Bone
a false
HootTheOwl
Technetium
Jordan7hm

Owed:
Ginette Rino

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take John Moore

Tkachuk-Hischier-Pastrnak
Toffoli-Staal-Palmieri
Beauvillier-Ryan-Brown

Maatta-Spurgeon
Brodin-Schultz
Cole-Moore

Murray

e: I hope some of you guys are paying attention to your cap. Drunk Canuck for example has only 5 million left in space so I'm not sure how he gets cap compliant lol

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Ginette Reno posted:

e: I hope some of you guys are paying attention to your cap. Drunk Canuck for example has only 5 million left in space so I'm not sure how he gets cap compliant lol

I guess teams only really need to carry 20 players to be CBA compliant?