Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mameluke posted:

So it's Sense8 for straight people?

No, it's multiple shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e: not quote

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm not watching Who Is America? this week, but a friend of mine is and he seems to think the Roy Moore segment is amazing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

DivisionPost posted:

I'm not watching Who Is America? this week, but a friend of mine is and he seems to think the Roy Moore segment is amazing.

It was pretty tame. The three trump voters skit otoh...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lycus posted:

I don't recall hating it, but I recall almost nothing about it.

But I want more Dark, drat it.

The creators signed an exclusive overall deal with Netflix, so not only will you get more Dark, you'll presumably get other series from them as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Weekly 'Sharp Objects is real good, y'all, watch it' PSA.

Keeps on gettin' better and better.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bruceski posted:

As in "people who watched episodes 1 2 and 3 but didn't finish" or "people who didn't watch the credits of the last episode"?

If it's the credits then they really need to reevaluate some things since the Joel McHale show's credits even make fun of nobody watching the credits on Netflix.

But yeah, Everything Sucks was... not great, or at least not very memorable. I watched it all the way through because I think I'm exactly the right age for the "hey remember this 90s song?" that was their whole hook to flick the right switch for me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I have a couple of shows that have been chlling half-watched in my queue for a while that I plan on getting back to at some point. I think that's who the "finish your shows" guy was talking about not people that didn't like something and quit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's so many Netflix originals that I bailed out on and just can't go back to.

gently caress you in particular Hemlock Grove.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/TwoPaddocks/status/1023965520578727937

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

There's so many Netflix originals that I bailed out on and just can't go back to.

gently caress you in particular Hemlock Grove.

I like to think that Stephen King watched that, saw "loving BIRDS" "Stupid rear end birds!" and said "There's my new Pennywise!"

Medullah fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 30, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I like to think that Stephen Kind watched that, saw "loving BIRDS" and said "There's my new Pennywise!"

If you're gonna quote it you gotta get it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSzYGcPs_bo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Dammit, that's what I get for toilet typing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing I didn't make it past a couple episodes of Hemlock Grove.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s good to see with the loosening of censorship on cable, Comedy Central still bleeped the hell out of that Bruce Willis roast on the midnight rerun.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mameluke posted:

Yeah, the Red Dragon arc is a major stumble for the show (why does Freddie go from working at TMZ to the National Enquirer? Why does Francis work at the film processing facility if he finds his victims online? Why is he such a comparatively boring rapist/murderer?). There is a lot of good stuff, like Reba's contrast with Will, and the finale, but I'd rather the show end with Will only embracing his darkness to kill Hannibal in cold blood than actually doing murder husbands. It's weird that it came off of a fantastic adaptation of Hannibal in the first half of the season. Bedelia cut her own leg off to appease Hannibal because Will told her he'd bust him out and she's batshit crazy, and that's that. :colbert:

I think there are parts that Richard Armitage is allowed to be great (his scene with Chilton is brilliant) but I think the problem ultimately boils down to the fact that the show is much more interested in the Hannibal/Graham dynamic than anything else. And Graham becomes and increasingly dumb character.

As for Bedelia, the script makes it clear that someone else cut off her leg (and Fuller confirmed it), but I always preferred the idea that she did it herself, no matter how unrealistic, as a way to show the extent to which she was under Hannibal's thumb.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DrVenkman posted:

I think there are parts that Richard Armitage is allowed to be great (his scene with Chilton is brilliant) but I think the problem ultimately boils down to the fact that the show is much more interested in the Hannibal/Graham dynamic than anything else. And Graham becomes and increasingly dumb character.

As for Bedelia, the script makes it clear that someone else cut off her leg (and Fuller confirmed it), but I always preferred the idea that she did it herself, no matter how unrealistic, as a way to show the extent to which she was under Hannibal's thumb.

:same:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Was The Endless mentioned in this thread? Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. Had no idea it is in the same universe and made by the same guys that did Resolution a few years ago. The premise of that one looks familiar as well as some characters the 2 films share but I'm not sure if I saw the entire film.

Apparently they're doing a third at some point and have an entire Lovecraftian mini-universe all fleshed out.

I haven't seen it but Spring is also one of theirs and while it has Lovecraftian elements to it I'm not sure it is related to the other 2 films.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of Netflix movies, anyone check out Extinction

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His Twitter is pretty amazing because so much of it is just him on his farm, clowning on sheep.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

His Twitter is pretty amazing because so much of it is just him on his farm, clowning on sheep.

https://twitter.com/twopaddocks/status/908781390174416896

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

zoux posted:

Speaking of Netflix movies, anyone check out Extinction

Meh. I think it's a concept that could have been much better done than it was. Maybe if they ditched the twist or spent more than like 30 seconds on the reveal.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ayyyy look who's catching on.

e: sorry the article said 10 eps this season

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 30, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

By which I hope they mean like 2 minutes :D

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Seems like that'll be the norm going forward. In the recent TCA conference Netflix acknowledged the difficulties Marvel shows had going 13 episodes and more or less blamed it on Disney believing that 1 season of TV = 13 hours. (That said, I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this wrong so go look for yourselves before you spout this off to your friends.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't mind it but part of me thinks we're on a path where a couple of years from now people will be complaining that all Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon series should be 3 episodes and done. Its like the odd the result of the TV streaming era is leading to a rebirth of the mini-series.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
uh.......not really?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wonder if Disney is also winding down on the Netflix deal. When Disney launches their own streaming service I'm sure they want everything in-house.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Final Space is really good in every way except that it isn’t funny which is kind of the most important bit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

The Defenders was 8 episodes and it was one of the worst netflix MCU shows so

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Defenders was 8 episodes and it was one of the worst netflix MCU shows so

Almost as though Netflix has yet to learn that the issue isn't the amount of episodes but the writing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Who is America has been really hit or miss so far (way more misses for me) but the bit with the three Trump supporters from episode 3 was solid gold.

Also Succession continues to kick rear end!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Popelmon posted:

Who is America has been really hit or miss so far (way more misses for me) but the bit with the three Trump supporters from episode 3 was solid gold.

Also Succession continues to kick rear end!

I laughed so hard at that bit, it seriously can't be real. "You're trying to attract underage girls for sex." "No!" "Then why do you have condoms and KY jelly?"

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s good to see with the loosening of censorship on cable, Comedy Central still bleeped the hell out of that Bruce Willis roast on the midnight rerun.

That's surprising, for the longest time there 1am or later weekend slots were uncensored with giant warnings when you came back from girl's gone wild commercials.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They let Bruce say ‘mother fucker’ so I guess they operate on a one f-bomb rule. Maybe they’ll do an ‘uncut!’ air after everyone’s stopped caring about it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The unedited version is available on demand. I watched it. It was... ok? Not the best one. Ed Norton was surprisingly funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, felt like a wasted opportunity for a big name. I guess there’s not all that about Bruce you can really point and laugh at beyond a few things everyone will run, and the dais sucked for the most part.

In other news, strong tweet game.

https://twitter.com/angelakinsey/status/1024096410717888513?s=21

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mu Zeta posted:

I wonder if Disney is also winding down on the Netflix deal. When Disney launches their own streaming service I'm sure they want everything in-house.

That's not how the deal works. It's been made; they may be using Marvel characters, but Netflix owns each show. What the end of the deal means is that the stuff Disney owns outright—Thor Ragnarok, Civil War, The Last Jedi, etc.—is going to be pulled as of 2019, but the stuff with the Defenders is made with Netflix's money, so Netflix gets a say in whether or not they keep going. This was essentially debunked after Jessica Jones got renewed for Season 3, long after the deal with Netflix was called off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Can they even do that? I thought Netflix gets to make shows as long as they want? They just can't add new shows or just pick whatever characters they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A big part of the problem is CC just diluting the brand of roasts by giving them to anyone and everyone.