Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What AGL team did you use? I have a couple choices and I don't know who I want to pick. I'm farming AGL GT SS3 Kid Goku to try him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

RBX posted:

What AGL team did you use? I have a couple choices and I don't know who I want to pick. I'm farming AGL GT SS3 Kid Goku to try him out.

I believe my AGL Team was this:

SS4 Vegeta
Super Vegito
SSB Goku (Non Kaioken)
Caulifla
LR Goten and Trunks

And I can't remember if I used SSJ2 Gohan Teen or Whis (for the heal) when I finally beat it.

Looks like the update was for puzzle verification, which is kinda lame.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What did people use for the last few levels of the EZA event? Vegeta's getting to be a bit of a jerk. Currently throwing my SSJ4 Goku/Gohan/Rage Goku/LRVegito/SSJ3 Vegeta/SSJ2 Vegeta+Bulma team at him.

I guess a lot of it's luck and good rotations. If Gohan or SSJ3 Vegeta is in a lovely position to start, it's not workable.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 27, 2018

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Echophonic posted:

What did people use for the last few levels of the EZA event? Vegeta's getting to be a bit of a jerk. Currently throwing my SSJ4 Goku/Gohan/Rage Goku/LRVegito/SSJ3 Vegeta/SSJ2 Vegeta+Bulma team at him.

I guess a lot of it's luck and good rotations. If Gohan or SSJ3 Vegeta is in a lovely position to start, it's not workable.

That's what I used as well, made it through 77 levels with that team. Made sure to have a friend SS4 Goku with two dupes unlocked. I died a few times because the game gave me bad rotations or ki orbs but I never really hit a wall.

Is your Gohan fully EZA'ed and maxed out and your Angry Goku at SA10? What about SS4 Goku? Mine has two dupes, and the extra attacks/criticals were clutch.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

That's what I used as well, made it through 77 levels with that team. Made sure to have a friend SS4 Goku with two dupes unlocked. I died a few times because the game gave me bad rotations or ki orbs but I never really hit a wall.

Is your Gohan fully EZA'ed and maxed out and your Angry Goku at SA10? What about SS4 Goku? Mine has two dupes, and the extra attacks/criticals were clutch.

I was at 72 then, currently on 77. It's not too bad, but I was wondering if there was something besides 'get lucky' to do. My SSJ4 Goku and Gohan are Rainbow and Rainbow/EZA, respectively. Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta also have 20crit/6AA and some super boost.

I also just Rainbowed LR Vegito since it's giving me some orbs to finish him with. A Rainbow LR will be nice to have, even if I do usually use TEQ Vegito on relevant teams.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echophonic posted:

I also just Rainbowed LR Vegito since it's giving me some orbs to finish him with. A Rainbow LR will be nice to have, even if I do usually use TEQ Vegito on relevant teams.

Yeah I should've mentioned, rainbow LR Vegito is one of the best units for this event since he has high Def plus the potential for extra attacks or critical hits.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Took a few more runs, but I eventually got it. Not too tough, overall.

I assume Frieza is somewhat more challenging, though the backbone of the team is in this one.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I am fortunate to have 1000 day lr goku and his healing was a big factor for bad rolls and linking with vegito. Still, 1 or 2 runs were garbo with orbs and I couldn't pull off supers. Getting the right roll was pretty important.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hey, they've released new peppy gals support units on JP.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I’m finally going through the grind for LR Vegito, and having a bitch of a time making sure I have units in each spec with fierce battle. Is every one of these special missions required for fully awakening him?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I’m finally going through the grind for LR Vegito, and having a bitch of a time making sure I have units in each spec with fierce battle. Is every one of these special missions required for fully awakening him?

Yes.

There are freebie units with FB if you're desperate. Off the top of my head, PHY SSJ3 Broly, TEQ SSJ3 Goku, INT SSJ Future Trunks, and (sorta) PHY SSG Goku.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
There are potara medals available for trade in Baba's shop for those green gems so there's always that route.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Squallege posted:

There are potara medals available for trade in Baba's shop for those green gems so there's always that route.

Yeah this. It'll save you from having to do a couple of those full-team-fierce-battle missions if you don't actually have a particular full mono-team with it. You can only buy ten potara medals this way for now, though, so you'll still need to clear most of the missions.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

CidGregor posted:

Yeah this. It'll save you from having to do a couple of those full-team-fierce-battle missions if you don't actually have a particular full mono-team with it. You can only buy ten potara medals this way for now, though, so you'll still need to clear most of the missions.

You only need two full fierce battle teams to get enough medals now, since you get 10 medals from the shop and each full FB mission rewards 3 medals. Super easy compared to having all five color teams, my JP account got it done before I got my 30 day login bonus.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The only type that I had a problem with at the time was mono INT since the vast majority that I have are the ones with Shattering the Limit.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Ugh, Extreme Z-Battle Vegeta is killing me. No one in my Super STR team is Dokkaned yet, so it doesn't perform that well, and the extra INT damage reduction he has is taking a lot of the punch out of my Potara team. Do Extreme Z-Battles come back for reruns later?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Main Paineframe posted:

Ugh, Extreme Z-Battle Vegeta is killing me. No one in my Super STR team is Dokkaned yet, so it doesn't perform that well, and the extra INT damage reduction he has is taking a lot of the punch out of my Potara team. Do Extreme Z-Battles come back for reruns later?

After the third anniversary, there's always an EZA active I believe

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally pulled LR Black, now I just need to Dokkan the hell out of him and slap him on my RoG team.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

the_steve posted:

Finally pulled LR Black, now I just need to Dokkan the hell out of him and slap him on my RoG team.

I did one pull on the banner and scored LR SSJ3 goku, I'm afraid of dumping any more stones in to get black as I'm sure to be disappointed, and not like there's any content my potara team won't beat as is until the new SBR stages hit glb. The lack of fun endgame things to do with your sick rear end teams is holding this game back imho.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Main Paineframe posted:

How far along are you? if you've gotten to at least level 30 then you've gotten everything needed for kid Gohan's EZA, after that it's just potential orbs all the way down to level 77. Which would suck to miss out on, true, but at least you'll have gotten all the truly unique stuff.

If you haven't gotten to 30, wait until the grindable Ginyu Force event starts on Monday, that whole team is namek saga and can apparently crush the namek saga EZA according to the youtube whales.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

CidGregor posted:

This is good to know. I bought those first thinking it was the minimum for me to have to buy them. Ended up awakening Full Power Frieza and PHY Brody to get the FB Phy one done. I have all all of the orbs to buy all the cards to fully unlock Vegito, but found I’m a little lacking on Str orbs now. :(

Really, this wouldn’t be nearly as frustrating if they simply had a filter for links, like they do categories. I’m burning through the lower level ones now, just finishing up golden warrior. Just found that I’m 1/2 way there, 35/70. These levels don’t give enough exp at 4x to rank me up anymore though, so it’s a lot slower.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

So what are y'all spending your anniversary coins on? I presume the grand kais are everyone's top priority, but once those are tapped out, what's next? Elder Kai medals? Incredible Hourglasses? Or are any of those actual character cards worth snagging?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Elder kai medals. They're just as rare as grand kais and useful.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I just started playing this again last night on a whim, with a new account. I didn't realize it was an anniversary event, but I bought two $10 things without really looking at them and now I have more stuff than I know what to do with. I have a ton of duplicates of this one SSR Goku even after Dokkan Awakening him (I think that's what I did.) What do I do with all these extras? What should I do with all the SRs clogging up my box given that I had enough tickets/stones to do a bunch of pulls and now have a handful of SSRs? Are the SRs worth anything or are they just fodder?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

I just started playing this again last night on a whim, with a new account. I didn't realize it was an anniversary event, but I bought two $10 things without really looking at them and now I have more stuff than I know what to do with. I have a ton of duplicates of this one SSR Goku even after Dokkan Awakening him (I think that's what I did.) What do I do with all these extras? What should I do with all the SRs clogging up my box given that I had enough tickets/stones to do a bunch of pulls and now have a handful of SSRs? Are the SRs worth anything or are they just fodder?

Exact duplicates of a card can be used for two things: to raise that character's super attack level, and to unlock the four big locks on their hidden potential system, which only opens up once that character reaches the UR rarity tier. The general rule is to use exact dupes for the hidden potential locks first, then if you have/get any more, go for their super attack level. Bear in mind though, that is only for exact duplicates of a card; if you dokkan awaken them, they actually transform into a different card, with different art and a different name, and that will no longer work unless you either dokkan awaken the duplicates as well, or use an incredible hourglass to temporarily undo the dokkan awakening.

Which Goku do you have a bunch of? I'm gonna take a wild guess that it's This one, because just by logging in during the anniversary for the first time you should receive five of him, which is exactly the right amount to use the 4 extra to unlock his hidden potential routes. It could also be This one, which we got 14 of in total as a reward for the stamina consumption campaign, enough to unlock all 4 potential paths AND raise his super attack level to 10. Again, though, if you dokkan awakened one of them already, you'll have to use an incredible hourglass to temporarily undo it before you can use the dupe copies for all that.

As for SRs, some are useful and some are not. Generally speaking the ones who can dokkan awaken you can hang onto, and the ones who can't are probably not worth bothering with, except for TEQ Jaco and INT Chiaotzu, who have a passive team-wide stun ability that's very useful in world tournament and Super Battle Road, and perhaps Devilman, who has an ultra-rare OHKO passive that you could theoretically scum for when struggling on an extreme-Z-awakening battle. You can use DBZ Space to figure out which ones to keep fairly quickly, as it can sort cards en masse by - among other things - rarity tier, type, and whether they can dokkan awaken or not.

Did you buy just dragon stones with that :10bux: or did you buy the beginner ticket package? There's some good character options in the new beginner ticket pool if so, and I can give you a breakdown if needed.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 30, 2018

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

To fully max out a SSR card, you need thirteen duplicates. You need to Z-Awaken it to UR, then feed it four exact dupes to unlock its Hidden Potential nodes (I think you need to be player level 50 to unlock that, though), and feed it nine dupes to increase its Super Attack level to 10. The hidden potential stuff requires exact dupes, so if you've already Dokkan Awakened the card, you'll need to Reverse Dokkan it back to its original state using an Incredible Hourglass in order to feed the dupes to it.

Most SRs are just fodder once you have enough SSRs to fill out most potential team types. However, some SR cards have abilities that are extremely rare and useful even among the higher rarities (such as stunning), and those are worth holding on to.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

that wasnt what i wanted from the goku black banner but hell ill take it

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I threw two pulls at the Trunks banner and got my third dupe, so now Trunks has 20k attack. :getin:

I still need Majin Vegeta and Goten/Trunks, so hopefully the AGL banner is generous as well.

Oh, sweet, the Ginyu events have started. Been looking forward to this since I heard about it. My first SR team was a full Ginyu Force.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 30, 2018

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

CidGregor posted:

Exact duplicates of a card can be used for two things: to raise that character's super attack level, and to unlock the four big locks on their hidden potential system, which only opens up once that character reaches the UR rarity tier. The general rule is to use exact dupes for the hidden potential locks first, then if you have/get any more, go for their super attack level. Bear in mind though, that is only for exact duplicates of a card; if you dokkan awaken them, they actually transform into a different card, with different art and a different name, and that will no longer work unless you either dokkan awaken the duplicates as well, or use an incredible hourglass to temporarily undo the dokkan awakening.

Which Goku do you have a bunch of? I'm gonna take a wild guess that it's This one, because just by logging in during the anniversary for the first time you should receive five of him, which is exactly the right amount to use the 4 extra to unlock his hidden potential routes. It could also be This one, which we got 14 of in total as a reward for the stamina consumption campaign, enough to unlock all 4 potential paths AND raise his super attack level to 10. Again, though, if you dokkan awakened one of them already, you'll have to use an incredible hourglass to temporarily undo it before you can use the dupe copies for all that.

As for SRs, some are useful and some are not. Generally speaking the ones who can dokkan awaken you can hang onto, and the ones who can't are probably not worth bothering with, except for TEQ Jaco and INT Chiaotzu, who have a passive team-wide stun ability that's very useful in world tournament and Super Battle Road, and perhaps Devilman, who has an ultra-rare OHKO passive that you could theoretically scum for when struggling on an extreme-Z-awakening battle. You can use DBZ Space to figure out which ones to keep fairly quickly, as it can sort cards en masse by - among other things - rarity tier, type, and whether they can dokkan awaken or not.

Did you buy just dragon stones with that :10bux: or did you buy the beginner ticket package? There's some good character options in the new beginner ticket pool if so, and I can give you a breakdown if needed.

its both of the ones you linked and i guess i goofed cuz i already dokkan awakened them and upped their super atks. i also dont have the node thing available yet as im only rank 20.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So far this Ginyu Force event is great. You can easily finish one completely in a day and the orb stage itself isn't a drag and it doesn't always gently caress you over like the Goku Jr or Bulma ones do.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

For a new player just save any duplicate SSR cards you pull until you know what your doing at a higher level and use the first one you get. Don't worry about SA levels from these cards yet.

Beat as many quest stages on every difficulty that you can. They give stones for each difficultly.

Beat everything until the story and growth tabs. These give a stone on first clear. Some stuff under the growth tab can only be played once a day so try to do those. Hercule statues are only used to be sold for zeni so sell asap.

SSRs gotten from missions under the story tab can safely be trained into each other for Super attack levels. Try not to Dokkan anything before you get it to Super Attack 10. If you make a mistake it's ok, later you can reverse it back to the previous card so save any copies.

Only summon on the two Goku and Vegeta banners right now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Squallege posted:

So far this Ginyu Force event is great. You can easily finish one completely in a day and the orb stage itself isn't a drag and it doesn't always gently caress you over like the Goku Jr or Bulma ones do.

Yeah so far the drop rates and stuff have been good with Burter. Almost have him at SA10

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Yeah so far the drop rates and stuff have been good with Burter. Almost have him at SA10

The game's newspost suggests giving him dodge chance for his hidden potential nodes, is bamco full of poo poo here or is that actually viable? From what I understand his dodging passive doesn't actually start working until after he attacks, so maybe taking dodge chance will help mitigate that and make him a better dodger overall? I mean he's not exactly meant to be a heavy hitter anyway, right? Plus every single star node has dodge chance as an option, so.....

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 30, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, one bar of stamina got me 11 dupes and almost half the orbs we need.

Here's a useful graphic from Reddit.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've got my Burter to SA10, and 73% potential, just from a bar and a half of stamina.

Pretty sure out of all those runs, there were maybe 2 times he didn't drop a card for me.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, one bar of stamina got me 11 dupes and almost half the orbs we need.

Here's a useful graphic from Reddit.

Why does Guldo of all people need the second most orbs?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Something something fat joke

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

orb usage is based on lung capacity

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Burter down, not too bad. Two and change bars of stamina. I was done with the orbs before my 30 runs was up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

CidGregor posted:

The game's newspost suggests giving him dodge chance for his hidden potential nodes, is bamco full of poo poo here or is that actually viable? From what I understand his dodging passive doesn't actually start working until after he attacks, so maybe taking dodge chance will help mitigate that and make him a better dodger overall? I mean he's not exactly meant to be a heavy hitter anyway, right? Plus every single star node has dodge chance as an option, so.....

I want to know this too before unlocking routes. I've heard dodge enough times to question my "Always Crit" strategy.