Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
37! Warszawa billed 37 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Phil Moscowitz posted:

37! Warszawa billed 37 hours

On his way to the parking lot?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Kalman posted:

On his way to the parking lot?

In a row?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
For some reason I thought you guys were young enough to not use 25 year old cultural references

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

For some reason I thought you guys were young enough to not use 25 year old cultural references

I think that's just me

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
rip warszawa choked on a dick

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

mastershakeman posted:

I made a Indy Jones and the last crusade reference to our law clerk on Friday. It flew about 100 miles over her head. Felt bad man.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
That's his name, junior associate!

I prefer 'partner'

We made the dog partner

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Thank you. FFS

BamBru
Jun 1, 2018

Sab0921 posted:

However, after doing 2700 hours last year and on Pace for 2500 this year, I want the change - it's not worth it. We had a baby last week which was the final decision maker for me - I want a predictable schedule to spend time with little man. I figure he needs me more now than he needs me to gun for v20 equity where I'd miss the next 7 years of his life.

Congratulations on the baby!

Yikes 2700 hours is brutal regardless if you are single and 2500 hours is almost at the same weight class.

I understand the need for a predictable schedule and you should gun for that on your next job.

Good Luck!

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I’M A MAN! I’M FORTY!

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Show closed tonight. Now I have to let go of my playtime as someone who pursued the arts instead of law school and return to the land of bad decisions.

Motion for summary judgment in the morning. :(

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

mastershakeman posted:

Much like SA, we're all get loving old.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

ActusRhesus posted:

Show closed tonight. Now I have to let go of my playtime as someone who pursued the arts instead of law school and return to the land of bad decisions.

Motion for summary judgment in the morning. :(

My biggest regret in going to law school (apart from going at all) is that I did the Bachelor Arts/Laws (for those who aren't familiar, you study a degree of what I think is called liberal arts in the US/Canada at the same time as doing a Bachelor of Laws) rather than the Bachelor of Performing Arts/Laws. By the time I knew the latter existed, it had stopped running a year earlier.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

Lote posted:

“Heh. The S comes before the V.”

Fin

Criminally underrated post. Well done.

As to what happened to the Warszawa, he did achieve his goal, and he's still in NYC working to achieve more goals. All over his face.

HiddenReplaced fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 30, 2018

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I am right now reading The Picture of Dorian Gray, and am absolutely enraptured at the notion of Warszawa as a character in it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
How you doing Slyfrog? From one sadbrain to another, I hope you’re doing well.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Thought it was time for nice summer holiday postcard from the extremely warm summer cabin in the mountains! Take your minds off things and catamites.

Well, here at the summer cabin it's sunny, dry and unseasonably warm. Unreasonably warm. Forest fires warm, which is fairly unheard of. My fair scandinavian complexion has struggled with the rigours of outdoor work as my doughy office worker carcass has been less than well suited to do my planned major improvement this summer, the deck:

You know what they say, the girls can't resist a big deck. Yessirree. Can't say I like anything better than a nice huge deck.

Aaand it's done!

Unfortunately, the sad birch with its drooping limbs had to be put down, as well as the old pine tree lying next to the deck itself.

This is now the view:

And this is now the trees:

They are going to be keeping me warm come winter. I gotta admit, I love me some nice hard wood.

Speaking of warmth, thought I'd share a picture from the non-poop-burning outhouse:

That's the Crown Prince and his wife, Princess Sneakers-upon-Meth. They are a lovely couple. Traditionally, norwegians keep pictures of the King and Queen in the outhouse, but I'm something of a modern fellow so I've opted for the successor.

Been strolling around the woods a bit, sampling nature. Naturally, we've loads of wild blueberries, they are already ripe.

Literally more than you could ever pick, everywhere. There's also a local delicacy (seriously, old people murder eachother over these), some cloudberries.

They grow in patches right next to the cabin. As well there's some lovely wild lingonberries (false, it's tyttebær, loving swedes) and wild raspberries, they grow right next to the cabin too.

Went for a short walk to the local lake, which is about five minutes walking distance.

It has got some very nice trout in it and is wonderful for swimming.

On the way I saw some poop and naturally took pictures for you, as I understand you've an interest.

This is moose, probably about a week old.

This is fox, about a day and a half old.

Both pretty much right next to the cabin. It's crowded around there.

There's this lovely tree on my property, think I'll build a bench under it sometime. Looks grand. The white stuff you see around it is reindeer lichen (or more incorrectly, deer moss) which should tell you something about the annual average temperature and elevation. Yes, it's edible. No, it tastes like poo poo.

I also ran into this friend that rents space under my cabin.

Isn't she adorable? She looked right at camera when I took the picture :kimchi: I think it's a Sitticus pubescens, but I can't be sure.

The roof is coming in well, if a bit weed-filled, and yeah. Cabin's looking more and more done by the moment!

The entire roof is buzzing with bumblebees.

So yeah, the cabin is going to be looking ready for its naming ceremony soon.

I've got this clock that's been grandfathered in:

That's a joke, it was literally made by my grandfather. He likes carving clocks, what can I say?

We've started painting, this is one bedroom that's the darkest, the rest of the cabin is gonna have a lighter brown staining. The paneling takes staining very well.

So I'm enjoying the fruits of nature, and I hope you're enjoying your summer holiday as well! Cabin is going to be well and truly fit for living before the snows come, now, and looking the part as well. Hope you didn't mind the massive post, and please come visit some time!

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 30, 2018

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Nice piece of fish posted:

Generating severe cabin envy.

As someone who has been in this thread for a decade or so, this is unquestionably my favorite post to date.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Goddamn that is some plot.

Is there a reason you want grass and plants to grow on the roof? Insulation?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That's rad

What's the details on the wood stove there

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

incogneato posted:

As someone who has been in this thread for a decade or so, this is unquestionably my favorite post to date.

Probably shouldn't say that, or I'll keep you all updated. Thanks, though, that's very kind of you.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Goddamn that is some plot.

Is there a reason you want grass and plants to grow on the roof? Insulation?

Tradition is a big reason, although the plants and the roots do contribute significantly to the insulation. The reason the beams are there and the general construction is so beefy is because the roof is designed to hold tons and tons of snow in winter. It insulates very well, which is great because the wood mass and that extra roof insulation means you can heat the cabin properly once when you arrive and then it just stays okay warm with minimal wood burning.

Another reason is more practical, in olden times they planted the roofs with fire insulating plants, plants that carry a lot of water to prevent fires from lightning strikes. Norway gets a lot of that. These days, however, the fire risk is mostly an inside thing. The aesthetics of it are another big reason, and also my grandfather uses his roof to grow extra potatoes, so I guess it's also extra farmland.

But mostly tradition. It's a more than 1500 year old tradition, and it's worked pretty well so far. Some places in the country any other type of roof is literally not allowed used on cabins, it's all got to be torv.

mastershakeman posted:

That's rad

What's the details on the wood stove there

Well... it was cheap. I also have to tweak the flue a little, it's not set up properly for stormy weather. The stove itself is actually quality though, it's a discontinued model I got on sale from Dovre ovens. It's 105 kilos, nominal effect of 6500 watts which is normally enough for 100 square meters. It's easily able to keep the cabin very warm. It's a so-called "clean burning" model, which means it gets as much out of the firewood as possible, we're talking about 80% energy conversion efficiency which is... really good. I'm pretty happy with it. As a plus, it'll look great once I'm done painting.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Very amazing. Lots of deck envy here.

But just a head's up---

There's this lovely tree on my property, think I'll build a bench under it sometime. Looks grand. The white stuff you see around it is reindeer lichen (or more incorrectly, deer moss) which should tell you something about the annual average temperature and elevation. Yes, it's edible. No, it tastes like poo poo.

If you free the spirit trapped in the roots of this tree, your local townsfolk are in for a world of hurt

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Phil Moscowitz posted:

But just a head's up---

If you free the spirit trapped in the roots of this tree, your local townsfolk are in for a world of hurt

Don't listen to this hag, he knows the wood spirits are the only ones that can defeat him.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Phil Moscowitz posted:

But just a head's up---

Listen, now I've gone and got this black horse and crow feather and everything, what else am I gonna do with it? I swear, sometimes I feel like there's just no right answer with you people.

(funny though, due to the elevation the trees grow really really slow up there. That thing is honestly probably over 300 years old. I took a much smaller one that was about the thickness of my arm, it was 50 years old)

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 30, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

sullat posted:

Don't listen to this hag, he knows the wood spirits are the only ones that can defeat him.

A Witcher: Wild Hunt reference!?

Thats impressive and all, but I built some bookshelves this weekend, if you could use some pointers

(next: replace that ugly rear end fan)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
ty for the poop pix

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Those are some ugly bookshelves.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thought it was time for nice summer holiday postcard from the extremely warm summer cabin in the mountains! Take your minds off things and catamites.

Well, here at the summer cabin it's sunny, dry and unseasonably warm. Unreasonably warm. Forest fires warm, which is fairly unheard of. My fair scandinavian complexion has struggled with the rigours of outdoor work as my doughy office worker carcass has been less than well suited to do my planned major improvement this summer, the deck:

You know what they say, the girls can't resist a big deck. Yessirree. Can't say I like anything better than a nice huge deck.

Aaand it's done!

Unfortunately, the sad birch with its drooping limbs had to be put down, as well as the old pine tree lying next to the deck itself.

This is now the view:

They are going to be keeping me warm come winter. I gotta admit, I love me some nice hard wood.

Speaking of warmth, thought I'd share a picture from the non-poop-burning outhouse:

That's the Crown Prince and his wife, Princess Sneakers-upon-Meth. They are a lovely couple. Traditionally, norwegians keep pictures of the King and Queen in the outhouse, but I'm something of a modern fellow so I've opted for the successor.

Been strolling around the woods a bit, sampling nature. Naturally, we've loads of wild blueberries, they are already ripe.

Literally more than you could ever pick, everywhere. There's also a local delicacy (seriously, old people murder eachother over these), some cloudberries.

They grow in patches right next to the cabin. As well there's some lovely wild lingonberries (false, it's tyttebær, loving swedes) and wild raspberries, they grow right next to the cabin too.

Went for a short walk to the local lake, which is about five minutes walking distance.

On the way I saw some poop and naturally took pictures for you, as I understand you've an interest.

Isn't she adorable? She looked right at camera when I took the picture :kimchi: I think it's a Sitticus pubescens, but I can't be sure.

The roof is coming in well, if a bit weed-filled, and yeah. Cabin's looking more and more done by the moment!

That's a joke, it was literally made by my grandfather. He likes carving clocks, what can I say?

We've started painting, this is one bedroom that's the darkest, the rest of the cabin is gonna have a lighter brown staining. The paneling takes staining very well.

So I'm enjoying the fruits of nature, and I hope you're enjoying your summer holiday as well! Cabin is going to be well and truly fit for living before the snows come, now, and looking the part as well. Hope you didn't mind the massive post, and please come visit some time!

drat you and your well-lived life.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blarzgh posted:

A Witcher: Wild Hunt reference!?

Thats impressive and all, but I built some bookshelves this weekend, if you could use some pointers

(next: replace that ugly rear end fan)

Now this is more like it. I can aspire to this sort of profound mediocrity.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Aaand it's done!

This is now the view:

So now that Norwegian has made flying to norway from California cheap as poo poo, I'm going to come over and hang out at your cabin for a few weeks. Cool?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

I will come to Norway and drink all your booze in that cabin while blasting black metal and answering emails

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Mr. Nice! posted:

How you doing Slyfrog? From one sadbrain to another, I hope you’re doing well.

Still sadbrained, still trying to figure out what the future might be. I do not think sufficient time has passed since my last lamentation of the entropy that is life, so I will spare all that indignity for now. I’m still basically in the same spot (knowing that many people in the world are in far worse spots).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

^^^^^^^^^^
Go to norway and get shitfaced at fish's cabin.

Alexeythegreat posted:

I will come to Norway and drink all your booze in that cabin while blasting black metal and answering emails

Lawgoon meet, norway edition.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Slyfrog I need you to tell me how to be good at video games and also make partner somehow.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I like that at no point were we actually invited yet we're all halfway to booking airfare

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I like that at no point were we actually invited yet we're all halfway to booking airfare
I beg to differ.

Hope you didn't mind the massive post, and please come visit some time!

I don't even need an address, I'll just internet stalk him till I know.
I'd actually like to go back to norway, cabin or no, but I'm going to Mexico City this winter winter, doing a bike tour in the PNW next fall, and then probably riding around Japan for a month in 2020, so I'm limited on time and money. Be a lawyer.

nm fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 31, 2018

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can literally make this work late November/early December... that’s the best time right?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

I can literally make this work late November/early December... that’s the best time right?

Prime drinkin' time, so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Goons get lost in frozen wasteland. Who gets eaten first?