Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Her dumb rear end time trap is still there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I have no comments on whether all the changes made Chromie suck or not, but,

Players: Bronze Talons is so annoying, wtf should Chromie have this huge damage AA talent with stupid range?
Blizzard: Ok so we've gone ahead and made Bronze Talons baseline, thanks for the feedback.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It only procs when hitting a hero and adds 40% as much damage as before. It is like 1/5 as strong as it was (maybe even more like 1/10 as strong). Hero was gutted, and I don't mind.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

sweet, sweet chromie justice

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

quote:

New Skin: Clownfish Murky

!!!

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

quote:

Increased the volume of Alarak’s announcer pack.

Pack it in, we've gotten the best patch.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

YolkaEd posted:

Pack it in, we've gotten the best patch.

I didn't even notice that. His announcer volume was too low to really hear him making fun of me during combat so this is awesome

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you want to know how dead chromie is sand blast now does as much damage as hanzo's Q, all game.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Nice, good bye bronze talons I'm glad you're dead.

Not sure about the Stuk rework? Looks like big nerf to his silence pool but buff to his Q.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Also, I just asked a guy who plays Overwatch who has a daughter, he said Doomfisthad one.

a fist smashes a screen.

new hero will be Doomfist

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've just started playing this game again recently. What makes Chromie so strong compared to the other nukers in the game?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

fadam posted:

I've just started playing this game again recently. What makes Chromie so strong compared to the other nukers in the game?

It's hard to juke her spells and by the endgame she's dealing 1000+ damage with her Q.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's not a question of strong (azmodan is the strongest right now, then jaina, chromie's nowhere near the top). She's just miserable to play against and is a hero who's designed to miss you six times out of seven then profit hugely from the one hit. So dodging her feels unrewarding, and getting hit by her feels disgusting.

She also does this from offscreen.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Its really telling about chromie's design that one of her ults is just "she gets to hit you with her moves, this will probably kill you"

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Azmodan's a nuker now? I know he got reworked but I never bothered reading the notes. That's sick.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

what is happening to my body

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

It's okay

The coloring is nice but eh. I really want Murky to get a truely awesome skin and he just hasn't yet IMO. I just think his Starcraft skins are okay

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

fadam posted:

Azmodan's a nuker now? I know he got reworked but I never bothered reading the notes. That's sick.
Oh I think i didnt understand the term. Idk if there are many true nukers in the game beyond jaina and chromie (nova and kel Thuzad I guess, maybe probius?), the devs in hots prefer long fights with lots of healing to short ones. Azmodan is more sustained I guess.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

fadam posted:

Yeah, you aren't tossing dunks from downtown anymore, you want to be close enough to get stacks off of Wrath and Bombardment. Only use the long range dunks to pick off someone who's trying to mount or heal.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Holy poo poo, chromie is trash tier now. Just make her super vulnerable like KT and it's fixed. People at lower ranks just complain way too much if a skilled player is rocking their main. Chromie needed a nerf, not a rework.

Khako fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 30, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

No Wave posted:

Lol rip chromie. Unless that cast speed change makes sand blast undodgeable she's going to need a load of buffs. I don't envy the devs in trying to fix this hero, it seems borderline impossible but I'll be very happy with a gutting.

Stukov changes are interesting, love what they did with growing infestation. Feels weaker overall tbh but maybe I'm missing something.

Kala's Discord seems to pretty much universally agree that this is a huge buff for Chromie. Brass Talons baseline and an AA range increase from 5.5 to 7. Yeah, it will make it marginally harder to land, but that's already something you're good at or not. Somehow 7 range is 'a danger area' according to the devs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kala's discord is wrong. Bronze talons is baseline in name only, it gives 40% as much attack damage as before, slightly less range, and only procs on hits. Like looking at that and saying bronze talons is baseline is like saying lili got kung fu hustle baseline when she was reworked, it's totally misleading.

Even if she got the real bronze talons baseline this would still be a big nerf, that's how dead this hero is. You'll see.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Kala's Discord seems to pretty much universally agree that this is a huge buff for Chromie. Brass Talons baseline and an AA range increase from 5.5 to 7. Yeah, it will make it marginally harder to land, but that's already something you're good at or not. Somehow 7 range is 'a danger area' according to the devs.

It wouldn't be the first time they intended to nerf an annoying hero but accidentally buffed them instead like they did not that long ago with tracer

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Only proccing on hits is kind of huge since you could toss sand blasts at nothing to juice up your AAs vs., say, the immortal.

RIP

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

fadam posted:

The majority of Globe's damage is now in his quest. Wrath (level 1) allows you to apply your quest stacks to your autos after you nail someone with Globe, meaning you can effectively double-tap them. This directly synergizes with a talent at 7 called Bombardment that increases your auto range by a significant amount and adds two extra attacks, so now you can now double-tap up to three people at a pretty comfortable distance. On top of all this, Tide of Sin increases your initial cast damage and Demonic Invasion is actually good for dumping on teamfights now.

Azmodan is WAY more viable in teamfights than he used to be, which is nice, but now he suffers from Best Build Syndrome like an absolute motherfucker.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Unrelated to the patch but I wish zeratul's void prison had a timer other people could see for when the effect expires.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Only proccing on hits is kind of huge since you could toss sand blasts at nothing to juice up your AAs vs., say, the immortal.

RIP

Yeah, it's an enormous hit to her already lacking PVE capacity. Gotta placate the reddit crowd, though.

On the upside, Carbot Whitemane portrait is incredible:

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
kind of funny that raynor and Azmo is stuck in best build mode, weeks after their reworks. The only time I haven't gone the AA build on azmo was against 3 blinds

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Whitemane has a Skinner "Am I out of touch?" joke, making her the best

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Whitemane's characterization is loving amazing all around. Her "anime bitch cackle" turns into "half-hearted fake chuckle" when she's using her beam to heal people.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Kith posted:

Whitemane's characterization is loving amazing all around. Her "anime bitch cackle" turns into "half-hearted fake chuckle" when she's using her beam to heal people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FguLIlc2MM&t=631s

Amazing.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Chromie's design is absolute garbage whether you know how to play against her or not, and I'm glad we'll see less of one of the least interesting heroes in the game.
On the other hand, they're releasing a legendary Genji skin, so you better get those bans ready.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/7PSyxnu.gifv

I can't get over that they added a Skeleton Jelly skin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

looks like i'll be sticking with golden genji

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Quite a departure from Storm Shadow, that's for sure.

Also, Carbo wants more Protoss in HOTS: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3_f44I5keEY

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
I know everyone's talking about chromie being garbage today (good), but anyone care to write a few words about maeiv?

I didnt get a chance to play her at release, so maybe she is just way too weak now, but her kit doesnt seem to match what she wants to do. All her power lies in hitting multiple targets, so she works best against tank and melee heavy teams. But it seems like you want to use her pull in and execute back lines which aren't going to clump.

Is there some trick to playing her well, or is her role just to set up better assassins to get kills?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

When she was first released she was a monster but got the nerf bat and now is in the 'average' tier where she can set up kills for her team but can't 1v5 like a jimmy.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is there are trick to playing Uther where I actually get to have mana and play the game like a proper healer or nah? I have tried every healer now and Uther is the first time I just could not help but constantly be OOM. I'd go drink from the fountain and be OOM again in no time.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I want to play the anime villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there are trick to playing Uther where I actually get to have mana and play the game like a proper healer or nah? I have tried every healer now and Uther is the first time I just could not help but constantly be OOM. I'd go drink from the fountain and be OOM again in no time.

Go stun build. Regain mana on melee hit. Stunned and dead enemies aren't dealing damage, so, in that respect, it's like you're healing MORE!