Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Looper posted:

someone sent a physical letter to my work today to complain about me oops

when i worked as a process server we put these up on the wall as badges of honor, bonus points if you had the police called on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the limit is 40 :( but it looks like you can expand it maybe? who knows

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah LM is a game that needs total focus and continuity or you'll forget everything. It'll be no problem to come back to Octopath and wipe out the last dungeon in a week or two.

My first run of lm i got to final boss, had to go away a few days came home and forgot how to get back to the boss.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

do I want to buy La-Mulana 2 now when there's no way in hell I'll come close to finishing it on my own

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

What are some good fantasy-themed FPS shooters? Like Hexen but more modern

Good question. Lots of modern and sci-fi shooters but fantasy...

Vermintide? Its pretty good if you like Left4Dead.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jay Rust posted:

Hexen but with the Wrath of Cronos mod

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jay Rust posted:

Bafflingly there aren't any, despite a dark fantasy FPS feeling like a slam dunk in this environment. I guess there's that Witchfire game that got previewed at the last E3 in development.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

My first run of lm i got to final boss, had to go away a few days came home and forgot how to get back to the boss.

That's rough

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Painkiller, kind of

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not modern modern but more recent than Hexen: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Titanfall, but with actual titans.

Not an fps, but actually just remake Drakan.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I can't vouch for it but Lichdom: Battlemage might be what you want.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Immortal Redneck is kind of a fantasy fps but is also a roguelite so it depends on your tolerance for those

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

dark messiah

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

doingitwrong posted:

Lichdom is a cool little B-tier kind of game with an inventive spell system and some nice visual effects. The campaign is about twice as long as it needs to be and the story is nonsense, but otherwise it's pretty all right and usually heavily discounted.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y450rECB6ng

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

doingitwrong posted:

It is a modern, fantasy FPS.

It's also incredibly boring aside from a few challenges where you are completely overwhelmed by enemies and the boss fights.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/1024055323844374528

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

There's a game on steam called Amid Evil that's specifically aping the Heretic/Hexen style. It's in early access though but it's apparently pretty good already.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

doingitwrong posted:

Its first person but can't really be described as a shooter per se, the magic system is funky and you have to use it to progress the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, it's

What's up everybody, how'd your weekend go and how's your Monday going?

my parents' cat just died, one that they had while I was still living with them (and I live nearby and am on good terms with them so I see them on a regular basis)

not as bad as losing a human family member or your own pet but it still hurts

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Dishonored sort of counts if your put your points into your powers, i.e. moving around with Blink, summoning rats, possessing people, time stop, etc.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

"2017...? 10 years in the future...?!"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

debating whether or not I want the exapunks limited edition... I love zachtronics games but I don't like Things, or paying $15 more for Things

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like you don’t want it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i used to like sin & punishment more but on replaying both i think star fox 64 is the better n64 rail shooter. sin & punishment generally has wilder level and boss design but star fox 64 is much crunchier and more satisfying to play. both good though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Sounds like you don’t want it.
but these things are good...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best treasure game is still either dynamite headdy or mischief makers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it all comes back to gunstar heroes, for me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Colonel posted:

the best treasure game is still either dynamite headdy or mischief makers

mischief makers is in top three or so of all 2D platformers

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Hello friends. My soul feels like a void. I have played the entire Zero Escape series and I want something equally as badass. Please suggest anything that is equally as badass, even if it's an old game, there are many games I haven't played yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

rear end posted:

Hello friends. My soul feels like a void. I have played the entire Zero Escape series and I want something equally as badass. Please suggest anything that is equally as badass, even if it's an old game, there are many games I haven't played yet.

The original Phoenix Wright trilogy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rear end posted:

steins;gate

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071 posted:

mischief makers is in top three or so of all 2D platformers

it's real good

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

cheetah7071 posted:

The original Phoenix Wright trilogy

Both games on my to-play list already.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My favorite treasure game is probably Guardian Heroes, followed by Gunstar Heroes, followed by Rocket Knight Adventure which isn't technically actually Treasure but also totally is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i tried playing guardian heroes but that game has a way of dragging out a lot and its core combat stops feeling very good by the end of its longer routes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rear end posted:

Ghost Trick Ghost Trick Ghost Trick

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

i tried playing guardian heroes but that game has a way of dragging out a lot and its core combat stops feeling very good by the end of its longer routes

It depends a lot on who you okay and also like most beat em ups, I really played it single player anyways. Late time I played it found I really liked Nicole, who is has as hell to use in single player but OP as hell in multi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

my favorite Treasure game is Astro Boy. what a fantastic loving game.

• Locked thread