Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I want that camping set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn I need that camping set so bad

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I feel bad for whoever wins "I" course cause New Gundam Breaker is terrible.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

I feel bad for whoever wins "I" course cause New Gundam Breaker is terrible.

Free PS4, though. Better than nothing.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

If you REALLY want the camping goods they've all been up on P-Bandai for sale, they're not just a limited edition prize. They also did some clothing with the same emblem, in fact I'm wearing the T-shirt right now :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

chiasaur11 posted:

Free PS4, though. Better than nothing.

Better than Piss Gundam Ace.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

How do you participate in these prize drawings? Do you have to buy kits from certain retailers?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

How do you participate in these prize drawings? Do you have to buy kits from certain retailers?

Yeah, you buy a kit and certain retailers will have 'tickets' with codes on them, you check your code online and you may or not be a winner. I won $85 bucks worth of gundam markers in a custom Unicorn Gundam plexi-case one year.

edit: sometimes you'll see the tickets advertised with the kit on amazon, but I got mine from a local U.S. retailer.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 29, 2018

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
You're much better off finding them locally. Amazon sellers that advertise the tickets increase the cost by a lot.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Do they have to be recent releases? I picked up a kit recently and it had a ticket for a 2017 campaign

MJP posted:

Leos? New tooling Rk-92s? It's the loving Year of the Grunt Suits, and it owns

M-9s are grunts too :kimchi:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
looking into some weathering tutorials and several of them mentioned Tamiya weathering master kits so I orders 2 of them. Watched a few youtube vids and application looks pretty straightforward. Any tips?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Works better on a matte topcoat and don't overdo it, it's pretty easy.

Also if you wanna do battle damage using a file or a soldering iron are easy ways to do it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah, you buy a kit and certain retailers will have 'tickets' with codes on them, you check your code online and you may or not be a winner. I won $85 bucks worth of gundam markers in a custom Unicorn Gundam plexi-case one year.

edit: sometimes you'll see the tickets advertised with the kit on amazon, but I got mine from a local U.S. retailer.

I've gotten ones from kits with no mention of the campaign on amazon. Won a set of Gundam Base exclusive action stands.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Marx Headroom posted:

Not when they haven't even hit general purpose use :V. M6es maybe.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Marx Headroom posted:

Do they have to be recent releases? I picked up a kit recently and it had a ticket for a 2017 campaign

Generally, just produced in a certain timeframe. With the distribution channels, 2017 stuff still occasionally shows up.

Also, some stores will also just get a stack of the entry forms and give them to you when you buy something.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

What are these from and why are they adorable.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Full Metal Panic. And it's because it's chunky obsolete Soviet tech that the protagonist used to use, so he has some affection for the old suit even if he's used to the top of the line super suit.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

why are they adorable.

They look like frogs.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

They look like frogs.

Wonder if Sgt Frog will get a crossover if Bandai does a Savage in their FMP line.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

As others have said, they’re from FMP, and they’re basically the local Zaku-equivalent (except made by real-world communists rather than space Nazis).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They're the T-54/55 of mecha.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Midjack posted:

Wonder if Sgt Frog will get a crossover if Bandai does a Savage in their FMP line.

Is Sgt Frog still a thing? I mean I get the irony in asking that about a cross over with FMP, but the Frog is old.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Is there a good resource or keyword for the add-on item or weapon kits that keep getting produced? A lot of hobby sites have them mixed in with the general section so they can be hard to suss out.

Stuff like this, but they're not always for Build Fighters, I recall IBO had a few and there are likely some before that. Seems like there's a large collection under "Builders Parts" but that doesn't cover everything, especially the new stuff.

Looks like Kotobukiya makes similar kits for Frame Arms - are those 1/144 scale or thereabouts?

Zodack fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 30, 2018

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Zodack posted:

Is there a good resource or keyword for the add-on item or weapon kits that keep getting produced? A lot of hobby sites have them mixed in with the general section so they can be hard to suss out.

Stuff like this, but they're not always for Build Fighters, I recall IBO had a few and there are likely some before that. Seems like there's a large collection under "Builders Parts" but that doesn't cover everything, especially the new stuff.

Looks like Kotobukiya makes similar kits for Frame Arms - are those 1/144 scale or thereabouts?

I think the IBO versions were Option Set 1 - 9.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zodack posted:

If you want to see all the ones that've been released so far, check the IBO and Build sections of Dalong.net

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
I saw that Amazon has kotobukiya metal gear rex 1/100 for sale, $88

It's kind of rare to see, right? Just wondering if I should get it :ohdear:

e: never mind, it looks like it's available all over. Why are kotobukiya kits so much pricier?

tenderjerk fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 31, 2018

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Most likely lower volume productions than what Bandai put out.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Puddin posted:

Most likely lower volume productions than what Bandai put out.

That'd be an acceptable excuse if the build quality was also on par with Bandai's.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zodack posted:

1/144 means that the "real" (fictional) thing is supposed to be 144 times bigger than the model. It doesn't imply a standard size for a model and is useless to know unless you are comparing things of the same series or you know how big the "real" thing is supposed to be.

Frame Arms are said to be 1/100 scale but since "real" Frame Arms are shorter than Mobile Suits the models work out to about the same height as a Gundam HG model. I've had my eye on some Frame Arms MSG parts for my own Gundam customs; I haven't bought any yet but I've heard that they're a touch on the small side.

I'm not going to let that deter me when I get around to buying them though because I think Gundam weapons need a bit more restraint as far as size goes.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

TaurusOxford posted:

That'd be an acceptable excuse if the build quality was also on par with Bandai's.

Very true. They're not bad but Bandai sets the bar so high that everything else looks sub-par. It's black magic.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Okay, so I'm building my first Gundam kit since the early 2000's and I realized the assortment of sprays I have are a mixture of enamels and lacquers. I'm trying to go for a glossy metallic red for the bulk of this guy - what's the safest route to that? I don't care if I need to rebuy paints and so far I've only sprayed down Tamiya primer.

Also, are there any clear coat finishers that aren't lacquers? Basically just trying to avoid paint combinations that will gently caress my day up.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Okay, so I'm building my first Gundam kit since the early 2000's and I realized the assortment of sprays I have are a mixture of enamels and lacquers. I'm trying to go for a glossy metallic red for the bulk of this guy - what's the safest route to that? I don't care if I need to rebuy paints and so far I've only sprayed down Tamiya primer.

Also, are there any clear coat finishers that aren't lacquers? Basically just trying to avoid paint combinations that will gently caress my day up.

Vallejo do some decent acrylic clear coats as well as Alclad. I think Alclad do a range of products specifically for metallic finishes.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Zodack posted:

Frame Arms kits are a bit smaller than standard gundam Master Grade kits, if that explains things well enough. they also range from sorta small to rediculously fat, much like the Master Grade line does. your mileage may vary, basically.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Frame Arms frame is 14 cm which is about what I measured my HGs to be

edit: I don't doubt they can get big when you bolt their stuff onto them but...

edit 2: my Unicorn HG is about 14 cm but my crap-rear end GM is about 12cm so I guess it varies a bit, I never saw unicorn so I never realized it was meant to be so big

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 31, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BattleMaster posted:

I'm not going to let that deter me when I get around to buying them though because I think Gundam weapons need a bit more restraint as far as size goes.

If you want Gundam weapon sizes to be more restrained, you're sprinting way off in the opposite direction with Frame Arms.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want Gundam weapon sizes to be more restrained, you're sprinting way off in the opposite direction with Frame Arms.

The MSG weapon and accessory kits don't look too crazy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BattleMaster posted:

The MSG weapon and accessory kits don't look too crazy.

Take a look at some of the Extend Arms and the Heavy Weapon packs.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Completed my Jegan (sorry for the crappy pose- the better jump jets pose I had going wouldn't fit in the case for overnight storage). The lack of poly caps is... Bad. A couple of appendages are already floating.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress I want that Jeagan so bad. I don’t think I’d even paint it, just panel line and decal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Waiting for Bandai to announce the water slides is a nightmare