Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
any pokemon that can dynamic punch with 100% accuracy is good, in my heart of hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

McDragon posted:

hey guess the theme of this team

donphan
machamp
exeggutor
cofagrigius
torterra
porygon2

some kind of religious imagery

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

worship at the church of 3d model bird

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

it is a very silly theme that came to me at one in the morning and gave me the giggles

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Pokémon that are inexplicably smaller than a human child?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i went to look up a size chart and hahahaha

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

i went to look up a size chart and hahahaha

*brock voice* Whoa, he's huge!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

McDragon posted:

hey guess the theme of this team

donphan
machamp
exeggutor
cofagrigius
torterra
porygon2

Dmectp?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the religious symbolism guess was a good one i second that

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

They all have speed as their lowest stat?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1023917264754466816

Everybody's Story comes to select theaters as The Power of Us on November 24, 26, 28, and December 1.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oops, forgot to give the answer. some good guesses but the answer is fairly silly. here it is if you want

it was trunks

cof and pory are a bit of a stretch I admit but I didn't want it to be all noses and tree dudes.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Question. Let's say I'm gonna go hunt legendaries in Wormholes, and wanna synch for natures. If I run into a legendary I didn't bring a syncher for, will it still be there if I run/leave the wormhole without encountering it?

E: Also, I hate to ask, but if there's anyone who may have any extra Marshadow codes, I might love you forever if they're still valid.

Alloran fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 30, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

McDragon posted:

oops, forgot to give the answer. some good guesses but the answer is fairly silly. here it is if you want

it was trunks

cof and pory are a bit of a stretch I admit but I didn't want it to be all noses and tree dudes.

Cof I get (nice pun work), but pory and machamp are going to require a bit of explanation.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cof I get (nice pun work), but pory and machamp are going to require a bit of explanation.

Machamp has boxing trunks :laugh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pokemon sizes have always been screwy. Not sure sure if the anime didn't get the notes or just ignored them to make Pokemon a size that makes sense. (I think the anime's depiction of Pokemon has always been the real fun part of it, they're nearly always the most interesting part)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunk_(software)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, spent a bit of time with wiktionary for the porygon one

to be honest "machamp wears swimming trunks" made me laugh far too much and then I just had to do a team. It did start off as a legitimate "can I make an elephant team" but then tree trunks popped into my head, machamp followed, and that was the end of that

was thinking of timburr too but I think that's a plank not a trunk and I already had two tree trunks

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey there Pokemon thread, I have a very odd question that I was hoping you could help me with!

There is a mini-game in Pokemon that looks like this.

Now... I'm confused about something that's shoved into the recesses of my memory. I've played this mini-game... I've played it a lot and got good at it. However, I don't remember where I played it. "Diamond, Pearl and Platinum" I hear you quickly replying but here's the thing. The only core Pokemon game I've ever played was Red. Other than that, I've played a ton of various spin-off titles but never any other core title.

What other game had this specific mini-game? I'm not talking about weird spinoffs like what Starbound has. It was very specifically this game and I played it specifically to get the plates and fossils. Any help?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DaveKap posted:

Hey there Pokemon thread, I have a very odd question that I was hoping you could help me with!

There is a mini-game in Pokemon that looks like this.

Now... I'm confused about something that's shoved into the recesses of my memory. I've played this mini-game... I've played it a lot and got good at it. However, I don't remember where I played it. "Diamond, Pearl and Platinum" I hear you quickly replying but here's the thing. The only core Pokemon game I've ever played was Red. Other than that, I've played a ton of various spin-off titles but never any other core title.

What other game had this specific mini-game? I'm not talking about weird spinoffs like what Starbound has. It was very specifically this game and I played it specifically to get the plates and fossils. Any help?

That literally only appeared in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. It did not appear in any spin-off. Unless you're remembering a fan-game, you can't have played this if you only played Red.

Fan-game-wise, I know it appears in a very limited fashion in Reborn, I don't know if others have it.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Are you sure you're not thinking of another monster battle RPG with a fossil collecting minigame like Spectrobes or Fossil Fighters?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

The only fan game I've played in the past decade (that I knew was a fan game, anyway) is AM2R ... and that's a Metriod game sooo, no, not a fan-game thing. It wasn't due to the fact that this shows up in that pokemon game maker engine, either. The only monster collecting games with classic RPG gameplay I've played in the last decade were Shin Megami Tensei games.

I'm having such a Mandela effect moment now.

WAIT... it's not in that pokemon minecraft mod, is it?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 31, 2018

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

There was a browser-based Pokemon Idle game that used it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

There was a browser-based Pokemon Idle game that used it.
Boom, you got it. Thank you! I feel much less crazy, now.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
So, a random thought occurs.

That sidequest battle with Mom's Meowth vs the Alolan Meowth in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Can you lose that battle? What happens? I know the Alolan Meowth opens with Fake Out, then if you use Return second turn, you win and stuff happens. But what happens if you go for Thief or Pay Day?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/SylveonDefender/status/1015631026519977985

https://twitter.com/SylveonDefender/status/1018087538022670336

http://eeveedefensesquad.blogspot.com/2018/06/top-5-reasons-sylveon-is-not-trans.html

quote:

As you may well be aware, upon looking up "Sylveon" on social media you find LGBT members claiming that Sylveon is actually a trans Pokemon. Most of what I've found is about Sylveon's colors being like the trans flag and because Eevee becomes Sylveon by giving it affection.

Now of course, you might be thinking "who the hell cares?", but you've gotta think about Sylveon and Pokemon, let's jump into action!

Here's our top 5 reasons why Sylveon is not trans.

Some people just can't accept that sylveon is trans.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I don't want to prove them wrong.

I just want both sides to shut the gently caress up about the issue entirely.

This is literally the first time I've even heard the issue and I'm already annoyed by it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BlazetheInferno posted:

So, a random thought occurs.

That sidequest battle with Mom's Meowth vs the Alolan Meowth in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Can you lose that battle? What happens? I know the Alolan Meowth opens with Fake Out, then if you use Return second turn, you win and stuff happens. But what happens if you go for Thief or Pay Day?

I'm pretty sure I used Pay Day and won the fight, but I don't recall what else happens.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Especially since there already is a case of actual trans pokemon in Marill.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Sylveon is a species. Suggesting that it might "be trans" is like saying that owls might be trans. It is a category error; individuals may be cis or trans, not whole species.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On the other hand, if that makes trans people happy, harms noone, and makes weirdos mad then what's the problem? :shrug:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SirSamVimes posted:

On the other hand, if that makes trans people happy, harms noone, and makes weirdos mad then what's the problem? :shrug:

It’s gay panic. They’re all afraid of somehow being affected by a trans Cute Charm.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hammerite posted:

Sylveon is a species. Suggesting that it might "be trans" is like saying that owls might be trans. It is a category error; individuals may be cis or trans, not whole species.

That is an amazingly good way to entirely misunderstand what's going on, congrats

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

mandatory lesbian posted:

That is an amazingly good way to entirely misunderstand what's going on, congrats

Do explain

edit: Actually don't - this has the makings of a dumb derail. Pretend that I never posted, or that we had an argument and I got owned, or whatever is most pleasing to you.

Hammerite fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 31, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not a single reply in those twitter threads support that person that has 14 followers and has only made a single blog post back in June.

Don't waste energy on that weirdo, not worth it imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Making fun of weirdos is funny which makes it worth it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pikachu with the taped on heart tail is trans

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hammerite posted:

Who let this thousand year old crank on the internet and also Sylveon is trans.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It does however make me think about how Pokémon are perceived by people though. They are supposed to be an entire species, but at the same time they are partially designed as if they are individual characters, like Sonic or Mario. If Sylveon was a real creature, would all of them have bows on their left ear or would some have them on their right ear instead?

I suppose this is where the charm of shinies, mega evolutions and regional variants come from. Pokémon are largely homogeneous so any variants are bound to get noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
We can't have anything can we?

Trans people saw a cute Pokemon with pride colors that grows with love and affection and thought it would be a fun and supportive meme. That's it; nothing more. :sigh:

Anyways, apparently motion controls aren't mandatory when playing let's go in handheld mode so that makes it slightly less undesirable to play in my eyes, but still pretty unappealing.