Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

you should only be able to charge one hgr at a time

It should also ghost heat with torso twisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Crazyeyes24 posted:

It should also ghost heat with torso twisting.

And PSRs for firing them because you need to fall on your rear end.

wait hold on animating the mechs is something we've gotta avoid, can't be coming anywhere close to adding melee to the game

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Machine gun Locust viable yet?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

SolusLunes posted:

And PSRs for firing them because you need to fall on your rear end.

wait hold on animating the mechs is something we've gotta avoid, can't be coming anywhere close to adding melee to the game

Just make it have a chance of shorting out your systems and causing a shutdown, no new animation needed!

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
i'm okay with the clan laser nerfs, fine whatever.
i'm also okay with the IS armor quirk nerfs, sure, okay that's fine

but if that c-gauss shake mechanic makes it into live... It would seriously be one of the oddest, shittiest, insane changes that PGI has ever made.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Heads up, 50% off Mechbay sale on Sunday.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
:siren: HUNCHBUNCH :siren:

:siren: Hunchbunch night :siren:

Wednesday, August 1st
2pm US Pacific
5pm US Eastern
10pm for Brits

I'll try to get on earlier for the European crowd if I can

Everybody grab your Hunchbacks, you know the drill. I'll get my vidcap going again

Lets try to fill out the extra tonnage with vintage IS, Stalkers, Atlas, Awesome, Cataphract, Catapult, Jaeger, Dragon etc etc (poo poo it up with some LRM's if you are slow and get left behind)
if it gets too awful we can grab meta filler

Remember SQUAWK and show off your brightest plumage

See ya there!

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 28, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Willfrey posted:

beautiful

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006
Are clan lasers even a problem anymore? Last few times I've had binge sessions on quickplay and group drops it seems like I'm not getting burned to death much by huge laser alphas, I've been getting LRM'd, ATM'd, and Dual Heavy Gaus'd, and either RAC'd or AC'd to death.

edit - oh yeah, and MRM'd too. MRM's are solid.

These proposed long laser durations are nuts.

gfarrell80 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 29, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Willfrey posted:

Wednesday, August 1st
2pm US Pacific
5pm US Eastern
10pm for Brits

Everybody grab your Hunchbacks, you know the drill. I'll get my vidcap going again

Lets try to fill out the extra tonnage with vintage IS, Stalkers, Atlas, Awesome, Cataphract, Catapult, Jaeger, Dragon etc etc (poo poo it up with some LRM's if you are slow and get left behind)

See ya there!

As a staunch proponent of weaponised paint jobs, that is loving beautiful.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A problem insomuch as they are the strongest weapons for the current quick/faction play meta, but A) the reasons that meta exists is more complicated than "Clan lasers are OP" and B) the weapons aren't nearly so broken as the terribles on the official forums would like to believe.

A modest nerf to Clan Medium damage, maybe 6.5 for the ER and 6.75 for the MPL would be plenty, along with lowering HLL damage to 17. That would probably be enough, but PGI appears to be strongly opposed to the idea of incremental tuning.

Fun note: the MAD-IIC was reported to be a loving nightmare on the PTS because it has the tonnage and hardpoints to run 6MPL/3LPL. It's a 69 point alpha with CDs and burn durations that line up almost perfectly, even with the most recent changes, so all this current round of nerfs accomplishes is creating a different laser vomit terror.

Great job!

Edit: and for the curious, someone on Reddit posted the quirks changes for IS mechs. Looks like the FNR changes aren't in yet.

Bushwacker
Sleipnir
Fafnir
ANH-2A
ANH-1X
Remaining Annihilators

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 29, 2018

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

As a staunch proponent of weaponised paint jobs, that is loving beautiful.

:thunk:

Willfrey posted:

:science:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

Someone post Hunchback builds with skill trees for players that don't know anything anymore... asking for a friend.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Double post. Also light builds for the meta. TIA

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

A problem insomuch as they are the strongest weapons for the current quick/faction play meta, but A) the reasons that meta exists is more complicated than "Clan lasers are OP" and B) the weapons aren't nearly so broken as the terribles on the official forums would like to believe.

A modest nerf to Clan Medium damage, maybe 6.5 for the ER and 6.75 for the MPL would be plenty, along with lowering HLL damage to 17. That would probably be enough, but PGI appears to be strongly opposed to the idea of incremental tuning.

Fun note: the MAD-IIC was reported to be a loving nightmare on the PTS because it has the tonnage and hardpoints to run 6MPL/3LPL. It's a 69 point alpha with CDs and burn durations that line up almost perfectly, even with the most recent changes, so all this current round of nerfs accomplishes is creating a different laser vomit terror.

Great job!

Heh. I hope they appreciate that, if their goal truly is to make the game better for new players, what a pain in the rear end it is for new players to re-build their mechs every 12 months or so to change to the new meta of whatever PGI is bumbling towards.

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs
https://youtu.be/44uYz6PuTj0

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Willfrey posted:

you have my axe rear end

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Atlatl posted:

you have my axe rear end

beauty can truly be found in the gutters and the ditches and the most overlooked places of this world...

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Anita Dickinme posted:

Someone post Hunchback builds with skill trees for players that don't know anything anymore... asking for a friend.

4G I run as AC20 (3 tons ammo) & 3 MPL.
I went for all heat (operations and weapon tree) related skills, and threw in half the armor quirks.

4P I run as 6xMPL, 2 flamer. All heat skills plus did the 2x cool shot skills.

The other ones seemed lacking in one way or another. Though I would love to try a heavy gauss gridiron.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
4H with 5xML and an AC10 is probably worse than the builds you listed but still feels alright imo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

4sp with shitloads of mrms is technically bad but it's the good variety of bad where you're basically doing weaponised bukkake on everything

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 31, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I’d just cut the SPLs for more MRMs and heatsinks. All varieties of smol laser crap these days.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Anita Dickinme posted:

Grid iron, if you have one from when they were free (or bought one I guess): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=133&l=ccf56a162993e9121c11103f974358b3f80154f1

HBK-4P 8ML: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=2&l=795dc78549fd829dcf38bd595405c6314903e93d

HBK-4G UAC 20: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=9&l=ee7f044efc78c096d53fead852de2c4a1b23a7a4

Second two are Bad Build Alert, as the 4P is pretty dogshit these days but I still have a soft spot for it, and the 4G is quirked for AC10s and even if you do 20s you shouldn't do UACs but I like to gamble and if you do get in range you're very damage-ful.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Ahh the old 8ML hunchbuild, such fond memories before clan tech.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

aniviron posted:

Grid iron, if you have one from when they were free (or bought one I guess): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=133&l=ccf56a162993e9121c11103f974358b3f80154f1

HBK-4P 8ML: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=2&l=795dc78549fd829dcf38bd595405c6314903e93d

HBK-4G UAC 20: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=9&l=ee7f044efc78c096d53fead852de2c4a1b23a7a4

Second two are Bad Build Alert, as the 4P is pretty dogshit these days but I still have a soft spot for it, and the 4G is quirked for AC10s and even if you do 20s you shouldn't do UACs but I like to gamble and if you do get in range you're very damage-ful.

Bewilderingly you don't even have all 6 mls in the 4Ps shoulder!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Been driving a PIR-1 with 12 LMGs and 3 ER Small Lasers on it, and I barely use my other mechs now. Zoomy machine gun small boi is my one true robit

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Hunchbunch sadly falls on a family member's birthday. I'm still going to see if I can have something ready just in case.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
Are Hunchback II-Cs welcome in the hunch bunch?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Willfrey posted:

Wednesday, August 1st
2pm US Pacific
5pm US Eastern
10pm for Brits

See ya there!

A bit too late for me so I'll show up a bit early if anyone wants to do some pre-hunchbunch hunch-drops.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
It turns out I don't even have a Hunchback. Whoops!

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

:classiclol:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

TjyvTompa posted:

A bit too late for me so I'll show up a bit early if anyone wants to do some pre-hunchbunch hunch-drops.

Naturally i was trying to get out by 2 pm and now I have a work meeting from 2:30 to 3 so I will be late

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Bewilderingly you don't even have all 6 mls in the 4Ps shoulder!

It's only logical. Nine is too many MLs to fire with the ghost heat penalty, but eight isn't so bad. So which one do you remove? An arm? If you only have one, why even bother having arm mounted lasers? Both? Then you have seven lasers, which is not enough. And given the HBK's appalling torso pitch, sometimes having two arm lasers is very useful; two MLs shoots down a UAV if your aim doesn't suck, for example. So then you remove it from the head? But that one is both the most likely to survive, and the highest mount. So then it has to be the shoulder, assuming you want an 8ML 4P.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
You pack all the god drat mediums in a 4p. ALL OF THEM. Fire the torso mounted in a group, fire the arm mounted separately. 4Ps are great at laser duration and managing its heat is easily doable, especially with skills.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i may trickle in at some point this evening

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

free hubcaps posted:

i may trickle in at some point this evening

Heh...

All these quality paint jobs makes me sad I pretty much haven't touched my hunchback since the beta days. Will need to come up with something good before I show my face again.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

How are you guys adding the text? Decals?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

OptimusWang posted:

How are you guys adding the text? Decals?

Yup, individual letters are available with deck-als

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Any chance you guys are streaming this and I just don't know where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
I’ll be on in about an hour for hunchbunch. Have a 4P with 6xML 3xERSL.