Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cowcaster posted:

jojo part 5: Au Gust

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cowcaster posted:

I had to look it up but this is pretty good!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The gold wind howls...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

that’s not even a video game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if all videogames are anime, then all animes must be videogames. QED

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
August Chat: Monster Hunter World is out on PC and it's good but kinda falls apart toward the end imo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

if all videogames are anime, then all animes must be videogames. QED

ffuck!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

august chat thread: real yakuza use a gamepad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

2018 chat thread

months are over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

August Chat: Monster Hunter World is out on PC and it's good but kinda falls apart toward the end imo

What does the "end" of MH mean

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Post credits/final story boss, I guess.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
September Pre-order Thread

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Post credits/final story boss, I guess.

Endgame elder dragon grinding

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Andrast posted:

Endgame elder dragon grinding

I mean, you don't have to do it. You can just stop and wait for the next update if you don't want to keep grinding for decorations and streamstones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at 8pm est splatoon 2 is adding a bidet to the weapon list

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Save that for when it airs in October

Vento Auctobereo

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I don't know, I think MHW is incredibly good through the end, and all the grinding is just standard Monster Hunter fare. I beat the story, did some of the optional stuff, did some of the Cherry Blossom Festival stuff, and generally haven't picked it back up but I feel like I got everything I wanted out of the game and more. I wouldn't say that the postgame/endgame grinding should be a knock against MHW because it's completely optional and if it's not fun just stop. You've already beaten the game. What are you even grinding for if it's not super fun for you? To get new mats to build new equipment that you can not have fun using?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

I mean, you don't have to do it. You can just stop and wait for the next update if you don't want to keep grinding for decorations and streamstones.

Well obviously. It's also a fair opinion that the endgame is kind of lackluster at the moment (especially compared to some other MH games).

I'm still going to do it all over again in the PC version though

May 8, 2006

I played around 100 hours of it so I'm pretty satisfied with it, and I'm still gonna play that final fantasy event next week. I just think the elder dragons (and bazel) cross the line from difficult into actively obnoxious to fight. I have a couple of friends for whom this is their first Monster Hunter, and after helping them with those fights I think I've done them enough.

I'm on the fence about getting generations ultimate - I hope they release a demo so I can gauge how much tolerance I have for older Monster Hunter after playing a bunch of World.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wouldn't mind trying out monster hunter but not for $60 american

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i wouldn't mind trying out monster hunter but not for $60 american

How about $80 for the deluxe edition?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I quit mhw after credits
Had fun with friends but never agains

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2JwOEz-L-0

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Andrast posted:

Well obviously. It's also a fair opinion that the endgame is kind of lackluster at the moment (especially compared to some other MH games).

I'm still going to do it all over again in the PC version though

I don't disagree, but there should be more stuff in the pipeline once the pc release is synced up. Either way, after 250 hours I've more than gotten my money's worth.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

How about $80 for the deluxe edition?

perfect!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do I buy the SC6 collector's edition for the Sophitia statue or the Tomb Raider collector's edition for the Lara statue

or both

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

seems like fitting both statues up your butt at the same time would be difficult imo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Do I buy the SC6 collector's edition for the Sophitia statue or the Tomb Raider collector's edition for the Lara statue

or both

no one should be forced to choose but I give the slight edge to Sophitia.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

or both

Don't forget the Darksiders 3 collector's edition for the Fury statue! And Valkyria Chronicles 4 for the tank statue.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

unrealistic, no one would barrel bomb a pit trap :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I quit mhw after credits
Had fun with friends but never agains

Yeah I beat the final boss and was like that was really cool but now I've hunted all the mons so there's really not anything else this game has to offer me

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

or both

SC6 because Sophitia's model would fit up your butt better.

e: beaten

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chumbler posted:

Don't forget the Darksiders 3 collector's edition for the Fury statue!

Don't cheap out and get the boring edition with just one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Publishers have wised up to the easily ignorable super deluxe mega hype edition statuette crap and started tempting impatient gamers such as myself with 2-3 days of early access. It's hard to be strong out here.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I'm glad someone left a stubby Ionic column just lying around for Alex to jump off of.

vv Someone's going around burying Ionic columns in a non-Ancient Greece. I wonder if that'll be covered in the Secrets of Greece missions

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 31, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh, and if you wanted the Kassandra figurine instead that's sold separately

Or you could get the Gamestop Exclusive Kassandra Edition for this other figurine

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Also when da gently caress is Soul Catlipurr 6 gonna go up for preorder on Steam, I wanna throw my money at more poo poo!!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cowcaster posted:

Motherfucker, this is so drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Legendary Alexios statuette is $750

• Locked thread