Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tannehill under Gase had a fantastic deep play percentage.

I’m just not a mega Landry backer. I also think Parker should be cut

Parker is the type of guy who could go somewhere else and make you look dumb.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1023396095605518336

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You can't be "100% in the right" if your decision means the QB you gave up 4 high round picks for doesn't come to training camp. He could be holding out for drat near anything, it doesn't matter, you give him what he wants because you've dumped all your franchise hopes on him.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sirtommygunn posted:

You can't be "100% in the right" if your decision means the QB you gave up 4 high round picks for doesn't come to training camp. He could be holding out for drat near anything, it doesn't matter, you give him what he wants because you've dumped all your franchise hopes on him.

Counterpoint: jets dumb

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

Yes. Even if they are right, they are cutting of their nose to spite their face. They should give him what he wants. I bet the CBA is changed to prevent these kind of holdouts in the near future anyway.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

The current worst part of being a Dolphins fan is that this is true of basically everyone.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1023396095605518336

You’re absolutely right, i bet the same Dion Jordan vibe from him.

I hated the pick at first, then absolutely ate crow and came around after watching draft breakdowns, and now it seems that he’s really just never going to play

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
loving Dion Jordan.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Get not bet. Whoops.

If Dion Jordan does well on Seattle I’m going to be so drat mad at that pillhead

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

torgeaux posted:

How does being hired for his play calling have anything to do with it? I agree, it's tough for armchair coaches to judge, but two years of dump the ball at the line for most passes is enough to conclude he values them highly, in spite of extremely limited results.

Gase dropped a large portion of his playbook early in 2016 when it became clear to him it that it was too complicated to be effective. So it might be that. He also said before the start of that season that he saw the NFL as a Dink and Dunk league, where short passes were king, so maybe also that.

You'd think with the very Gase-centric changes this year, Tannehill back and having been in the job for a couple of years, this is the season for Gase to have results. If he doesn't, then the busted flush argument looks stronger, especially with other young head coaches having a lot of early success. OTOH, 16-16 over two seasons with the second one being played without the QB1, without a bye week and with a hurricane disrupting a lot of the early prep - you could say that's not that bad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want to keep Parker forever and read stories about how he’s finally healthy and he started eating breakfast and he’s finally ready to break out.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Major Ryan posted:

Gase dropped a large portion of his playbook early in 2016 when it became clear to him it that it was too complicated to be effective. So it might be that. He also said before the start of that season that he saw the NFL as a Dink and Dunk league, where short passes were king, so maybe also that.

You'd think with the very Gase-centric changes this year, Tannehill back and having been in the job for a couple of years, this is the season for Gase to have results. If he doesn't, then the busted flush argument looks stronger, especially with other young head coaches having a lot of early success. OTOH, 16-16 over two seasons with the second one being played without the QB1, without a bye week and with a hurricane disrupting a lot of the early prep - you could say that's not that bad.

Oh, he doesnt deny his love for short passes.

I have hope we can get 7 wins this year. I habe zero faith in his taking his guys over guys with more talent. Favoring parker kept them from signing landry to a cheaper deal a year before. Throwing away ajayi. Cutler. Derby over Grey. He hasnt earned any credit on talent yet.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

torgeaux posted:

I have hope we can get 7 wins this year. I habe zero faith in his taking his guys over guys with more talent. Favoring parker kept them from signing landry to a cheaper deal a year before. Throwing away ajayi. Cutler. Derby over Grey. He hasnt earned any credit on talent yet.

Well that's what this season proves - it's the Gase show now without a shadow of a doubt. He's cleared house in a massive and/or stupid way and that almost certainly needs to pay off this year else things are looking bad. There's money dropped on the floor with the Suh deal for example - that's going to be remembered if he's really missed; same with Landry if he explodes at the Browns.

We'll know pretty soon though with all the more "winnable" games up first and the late schedule looking pretty hard. If they get off to a bad start, it's going to be a really rough season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
We just need to bring back Coach Muscles. We'd still be poo poo, but our coach would have massive guns.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m curious if Gisecki is able to play considering how awful he has at blocking

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There was something said today about him being a competent blocker, actually. It'd be nice if Tannehill got some help because looking at the offense being given to him he doesn't have a fair shake at proving the haters wrong.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m curious if Gisecki is able to play considering how awful he has at blocking

super bowl

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins/status/1023571688133414918?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1023974334963040257

Thank you Football Jesus.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Breaking: NFL team stops shooting self in foot, experts speculate that it is merely a pause to reload.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now they're going to punish him for holding out and stick him with the 3rd string for a month.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's already getting 1st team reps. They want him to win the job outright.
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1024010800204271618

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's already getting 1st team reps. They want him to win the job outright.
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1024010800204271618

There is really no reason he shouldn't start from day 1.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cut Teddy let him roam free

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Where would he go? Tampa?

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Naw, he needs a year on a roster just being healthy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Flikken posted:

Are you trying to get him killed? What did Teddy ever do to you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

If he plays well in preseason they should be able to get a draft pick for him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Flikken posted:

Miami. Our current backups are trading turns being absolutely loving awful and he’s from Miami so hell why not

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami. Our current backups are trading turns being absolutely loving awful and he’s from Miami so hell why not

He might have a chance to start in Tampa.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I honestly thought he needed a year. Miami would be a good “hey so this current guy has a year to be at minimum above average or else there’s likely a QB controversy so you could easily start in 2019!!” Type deal

I still think Tannehill is the guy but the last time a team had a talented backup with a huge dong... they beat the Patriots. That’s a plan i dig.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
What they'd want to do though is get him going nicely in the preseason, then when teams are struggling and certain QBs aren't playing well they can shop him in the middle of the season to desperate GMs for more than he's worth.

Although personally I think they should play him at the starting spot, have Darnold back him up and move McCown back to QB3; the drawbacks of that is no one will want McCown from them no matter what so trades will be out

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Alternate headline? Parker STILL can't get open.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/866abec1-85bb-368b-abf6-bce071d0db18/ss_parker-vs.-howard-battle-has.html

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can’t believe we have the one cornerback who can shut down Parker

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

No surprise on either account

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker get traded before the season starts.

You've got too many mouths to feed at pass catcher, and it's really the last stop to move Parker and get something before he's playing under the cap hit for the 5th year option. Unless you're planning on running the goddamned "Run and Shoot" with four wide and a back all game, you're going to be hard pressed to not to under-utilize guys- especially if Isaiah Ford breaks out, and with Mike Gesicki *hopefully* getting 50%+ of his snaps detached from the formation.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I was going to say it's probably aggressive/hopeful to think that any rookie TE will play a significant number of non-ST snaps but then I looked at OurLads and Gesicki is actually TE1 on Miami.

Jets actually have a worse TE situation but this is still surprising to me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

I was going to say it's probably aggressive/hopeful to think that any rookie TE will play a significant number of non-ST snaps but then I looked at OurLads and Gesicki is actually TE1 on Miami.

He’s not though. Right now he’s 3rd string. He’s getting sprinkles of 1st team in the end zone drills.

Grey and AJ derby are the top 2

He’s looked athletic as described but his blocking is truly horrific

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

That should never be surprising.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If Gesicki has a positive effect on our red zone offense this year I will be thrilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s had 4 SC10 highlight reel catches so far.

His body control for a big man is *insanity*

• Locked thread