Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Thin Privilege posted:

No but you see I’m broke and 1000000$ debt and can’t find a job but god has a plan for me and also GUNS FOR EVERYONE

That’s not you average mega church goer, it’s people like my aunts ex-husband. He grew up the only son of a prominent family, inherited an auto dealership, had everything handed to him and never worked a day in his life. He regularly rails against the less fortunate for not doing better and/or having better morals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
One of my peeves is when someone does gross poo poo in the office, but then complains when another person does gross poo poo in the same place or somewhere else.

Case in point - yesterday, a coworker in front of me had some stomach problems & kept ripping rear end every few minutes, then joking about it or laughing when people complained. I went to the bathroom later that day to take a crap & heard this same coworker come in while talking to someone else. I had some gas so I ripped an admittedly loud fart from the stall only to hear him say "that guy has problems, I'm gonna wash my hands somewhere else". :lol: Serves you right you crabby rear end in a top hat, at least you didn't have to sit in my rear end funk for 20 minutes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Related peeve: anyone who talks in the bathroom, or even makes eye contact really. You should have tunnelvision for the shitter, do what you need to do and get out and pretend it never happened.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Gynocentric Regime posted:

That’s not you average mega church goer, it’s people like my aunts ex-husband. He grew up the only son of a prominent family, inherited an auto dealership, had everything handed to him and never worked a day in his life. He regularly rails against the less fortunate for not doing better and/or having better morals.

Ugh I’d rather have the crazy gun shooting type a billion times over this type, because this type likes to yell about THEM LAZY POORS to us working to serving them, for some insane reason; I guess, because they are insane and I am lazy cause I have a college degree and work my rear end off 50 hours a week and...?????

E: people talking about “get a degree” because over half the people I work with at my minimum wage job have college degrees so gently caress the gently caress off.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Jul 28, 2018

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Tarantula posted:

Despite the words on the back of my shirt I'm a parking enforcement officer at work (an airport, specifically the pick up and drop off area), day in day out I have to explain to people what the sign right next to them means, it means immediate pick up and drop off only not "i'm going to sit here for the 5-10 minutes it takes for people to get off the plane and grab their bags and get outside. It's pointless counting how many times I hear "they are just getting their bags now", "they are just coming now", "they just texted me they are at the door", I don't give a flying gently caress this is a tiny airport with more passengers than it's designed to handle, your sitting in your car with the A/C, radio and a comfy seat it's not an inconvenience for you to gently caress off until your passenger is standing on the kerb. No you can't just "run inside for 2 minutes" to get something it's never 2 minutes it's always 20 and it's an airport, you can't just abandon poo poo here. I have so many peeves at this job and with peoples behavior but if I went through them all I would be writing a thousand words.

Customers at work who want to switch change when we don't have a machine that makes it convenient. We are a loving business, not an excuse for you to swap around change and waste our time when there are plenty of other stores that would be happy to do it. It always takes too loving long. I allowed a woman to change 50. She insisted on 100 when she was done, then wanted to swap 150. gently caress you. I don't have to do it and I won't do that poo poo again. Get screwed over every time I am nice about it.

EDIT:

Other things we are not:

-Your personal printer

-Google maps

-Google

Midig has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Jul 31, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My dog is my best friend and his littermate died last year and he's 8 years old sooooo I think I want to breed him and get a puppy as the stud fee so he can have another friend! A nine year old dog totally needs a baby puppy to play with!

I mean, you just said you work in animal rescue, clearly you know purebred beagle owners, right?

gently caress yourself and die, rear end in a top hat.

Senator Sprinkles
Aug 16, 2008

When I close Shadow of War there are two game menus I have to go through to exit the game. I’m pretty dumb and usually I forget, so I only close one and get up, only to come back hours later to find the game still running the main menu screen.

This is my First World Pet Peeve.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
People who refuse to let you merge are the worst. Like OK I get it if you only let one car merge in front of you. That's fine. But don't ride the bumper of the car in front of you so people can't merge. If somebody wants to change lanes don't immediately stomp on your gas. Seriously, if your response to "the person in that lane just turned their blinker on" is "step on the gas and don't let them in this lane" then gently caress you. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you. I hope you suffer. You are a horrible person. Refusing to let people merge or change lanes won't get you anywhere any faster. Traffic sucks but you don't have to make it worse by being a dick.

Bro trucks, expensive cars (especially Big Metallic Wangs), and stereotypical family vans are the worst for this. Big rigs are chill as gently caress and will always let you get where you need to go.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Are you one of those people who waits until the last second to merge?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

People who refuse to let you merge are the worst. Like OK I get it if you only let one car merge in front of you. That's fine. But don't ride the bumper of the car in front of you so people can't merge. If somebody wants to change lanes don't immediately stomp on your gas. Seriously, if your response to "the person in that lane just turned their blinker on" is "step on the gas and don't let them in this lane" then gently caress you. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you. I hope you suffer. You are a horrible person. Refusing to let people merge or change lanes won't get you anywhere any faster. Traffic sucks but you don't have to make it worse by being a dick.

Bro trucks, expensive cars (especially Big Metallic Wangs), and stereotypical family vans are the worst for this. Big rigs are chill as gently caress and will always let you get where you need to go.

Counterpoint: it is your civic duty to refuse to let someone in if they try to pass you on the shoulder. Let them ram themselves into a guardrail and learn their lesson.

e: unless it's a cop with his lights on, but then you should have been on the shoulder yourself

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Jul 31, 2018

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

life is a joke posted:

Are you one of those people who waits until the last second to merge?

That's literally how you are supposed to merge though. You go to the end and each Lane is supposed to take turns. It just doesn't work because they don't actually teach people this and everyone is an impatient rear end in a top hat.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

rodbeard posted:

That's literally how you are supposed to merge though. You go to the end and each Lane is supposed to take turns. It just doesn't work because they don't actually teach people this and everyone is an impatient rear end in a top hat.

Most people, if not taught it, can at least figure it out on their own. The snag is that America is a culture of narcissism. That leads to "lol gently caress you I'm not letting anybody merge."

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Counterpoint: if you’re the rear end in a top hat that goes down the shoulder around alllll those people diligently zipper-merging until the last second where your car is going to slide into a ditch, then ram your way into the lane regardless of who’s already in it, gently caress you with a spiked dildo, I am NEVER letting you in, you can crash into me and I still will not let you in.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Adding to carchat:
gently caress you if you block an intersection while waiting at a stop light/sign. When there's a side road or exit out of a parking lot you're supposed to stop before it to keep it clear for people who need to get out or cross the street. Now the poor shlub just trying to get across the road has to wait 15 minutes while you ride the bumper in front of you and you suck and I hope you die.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Also people who inch out into an intersection duing a red light. gently caress you. Now that you are in the literal middle of the drat intersection and the light has gone to a green arrow all the people turning have to drive around your dumb rear end so you could save 3 seconds turning yourself. That should be a ticketable offence (you ran the red light. I don't care if you didn't actually cross it yet you still kept on going till you were an obstacle.)
gently caress. You.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Stairs posted:

That should be a ticketable offence
I'm pretty sure it is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Stairs posted:

Also people who inch out into an intersection duing a red light. gently caress you. Now that you are in the literal middle of the drat intersection and the light has gone to a green arrow all the people turning have to drive around your dumb rear end so you could save 3 seconds turning yourself. That should be a ticketable offence (you ran the red light. I don't care if you didn't actually cross it yet you still kept on going till you were an obstacle.)
gently caress. You.

A couple times I've had people do this while turning right, so they keep inching forward and stare at me wondering if I'm going to start walking when obviously I'm not, some lunatic is driving super slowly exactly where I need to walk.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Danaru posted:

A couple times I've had people do this while turning right, so they keep inching forward and stare at me wondering if I'm going to start walking when obviously I'm not, some lunatic is driving super slowly exactly where I need to walk.

If the guy is green I'm walking unless it's someone going fast and not paying attention. And if they have the audacity to honk I'll suddenly develop a cramp or realize my shoe is untied. I waited like 2 minutes for this stupid crosswalk light, you can wait 10 seconds car.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I love this thread because it is mostly the only thing that makes me think "god, I love riding public transportation".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I have plenty of public transport peeves but yeah their consequences are generally less serious than potentially causing an accident or getting run over.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well there's already traffic peeves being discussed, but I'd like to say:. What is with the people who are pulled over on the side of the road, but will pull out in front of you, go around a parked car, and then pull over again? I swear this is happening to me constantly and I don't understand the motivation. At least wait until I pass!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

When I'm walking and there's a one way street turning onto another one way street, the cars usually never look to see if there is a pedestrian walking. I've nearly been hit several times because some idiot doesn't look both ways before turning onto the street.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That plus I see a lot of drivers never using turn signals driving at full blast in quiet residential areas so I have no idea if it's safe to cross the street. It's why I wish we would get China style surveillance everywhere that tickets drivers for every bullshit behavior and use that money to fund public transportation.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
SHOULDNT YOU BE TAKING CARE OF YOUR KIDS INSTEAD OF DRINKING ALCOHOL THIS IS LITERALLY NOT FUNNY AT ALL

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The 30s-early 40s "lol gotta have my wine" mothers are even worse than the "don't even talk to me until i've had my coffee" types (although there is significant overlap). Drinking wine is fine just like it's fine for a dad to have some beers (or wine, who cares) on occasion, but stop trying to make "i can't stand my annoying toddler and need to drink to get through it" a funny lighthearted meme.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The alternative is to face the grim truth and alcoholism

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

being a wine obsessed mommy blogger is a gateway drug into downing liters of liquor and terrorizing your family in private.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

I just drink out of a paper bag, then again I also don't have kids or shame.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

being a wine obsessed mommy blogger is a gateway drug into downing liters of liquor and terrorizing your family in private.

Sometimes I put it in the food :angel:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Websites that change things suddenly with no warning, like how videos play. For some reason youtube seems to have taken away theater view mode and leaves me with the little square or full screen only. It's such a dumb thing but it's a trend. Stop fixing things that aren't broken, you just break them more.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

For some reason youtube seems to have taken away theater view mode and leaves me with the little square or full screen only. It's such a dumb thing but it's a trend. Stop fixing things that aren't broken, you just break them more.
I've been getting that recently, too, and it seems to only hold true for the first video I view that day (?). After that I can hit Theater Mode and it starts acting normal. :iiam: (but also irritating)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bo-aeznzY

:haw:

My least favorite pet peeve is Facebook deciding since I like more clickhole posts and poo poo than family and friends posting photos, it should fill my feed with miscellaneous comedy posts that shove all of that socially relevant poo poo further down the feed since it doesn't realize I just like less of them because Clickhole posts like 5 times a day and my family and friends post maybe a photo a week.

I'm still better off than my mom reacting to a bunch of animal abuse news stories with crying emoji and getting Facebook to decide that she must really loving like seeing animal abuse, though.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

My least favorite pet peeve is Facebook deciding since I like more clickhole posts and poo poo than family and friends posting photos, it should fill my feed with miscellaneous comedy posts that shove all of that socially relevant poo poo further down the feed since it doesn't realize I just like less of them because Clickhole posts like 5 times a day and my family and friends post maybe a photo a week.

I'm still better off than my mom reacting to a bunch of animal abuse news stories with crying emoji and getting Facebook to decide that she must really loving like seeing animal abuse, though.

I definitely wouldn't mind if things were a lot more manual until they work out all the kinks. I shouldn't be annoyed at what my youtube homepage looks like, but every single day I am. Yeah youtube, I watched that video less than 24 hours ago. Stop showing it to me. Yeah I spent a day watching sovereign citizens getting owned by cops/courts videos, that doesn't mean I want to watch endless waves of stephen crowder and ben shapiro. Let me tell you what I like, stop trying to guess, you aren't helping!

and yes I click on not interested all the time. That doesn't stop them from showing it to me again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I hate people who admit that yeah, levels/steps/episodes 1-99 SUCK BALLS buuuut after that, totally worth it!

So the entire first two seasons are hard to get into and is badly written but season 3 makes up for it!

My friend gives me crap for not liking Legend of Korra because I gave up halfway into the first season, because if I waited, then "you see her get the poo poo kicked out of her!" Same dude gets irritated that after trying two separate times, I just cannot get into WoW, and being told that once I get to level 100 or whatever the highest level is, it totally becomes fun!

Does that ever work for anyone? I mean first impressions can be wrong easily, but are there really good shows or games that blow rear end in the start but after episode/level __ it is so worth it?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cowslips Warren posted:

Does that ever work for anyone? I mean first impressions can be wrong easily, but are there really good shows or games that blow rear end in the start but after episode/level __ it is so worth it?
Parks and Rec? The first season isn't good but it's only 6 episodes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The first half of the first BoJack Horseman season feels totally pedestrian compared to everything after it

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I hate people who admit that yeah, levels/steps/episodes 1-99 SUCK BALLS buuuut after that, totally worth it!

So the entire first two seasons are hard to get into and is badly written but season 3 makes up for it!

My friend gives me crap for not liking Legend of Korra because I gave up halfway into the first season, because if I waited, then "you see her get the poo poo kicked out of her!" Same dude gets irritated that after trying two separate times, I just cannot get into WoW, and being told that once I get to level 100 or whatever the highest level is, it totally becomes fun!

I tend to be like that but it's because I find myself liking games with relatively poor controls throughout simply because they have engaging level design, like the Woody Woodpecker PS2 game. Massive turn radius when jumping and walking, waaaay too big, but the levels are thoughtfully laid out and there is a lot of charm elsewhere.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Parks and Rec? The first season isn't good but it's only 6 episodes.

That was the first example I thought of as well, and I can't think of a second.

Edit: Actually I can. Gotham. It starts out pretending it's going to be some kind of Law & Order style cop show but once you get past the first, I dunno, four or so episodes it turns into something completely different and much better. It's not a whole season though.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
The Simpsons is a perfect example of that, seasons 1and 2 suck unless you can literally step into a time machine and have your mind blown by 1990s subversive writing. Bad animation/stories/voice acting. But the next few years after that are absolutely worth watching, and are still just about perfect at 25 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

life is a joke posted:

The Simpsons is a perfect example of that, seasons 1and 2 suck unless you can literally step into a time machine and have your mind blown by 1990s subversive writing. Bad animation/stories/voice acting. But the next few years after that are absolutely worth watching, and are still just about perfect at 25 years old.

Seasons one and two are still pretty great.