Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I bought my xb1x. I'm in love with the controller and it's great to play Halo again. I haven't played on xbox for more than a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0la83Wsh4E

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Console wars in 2018?

I'm 31 and have an Xbox One X in my living room and a PS4 Pro in my bedroom. And both consoles are great and serve their own purposes. Suck it, nerds.

But, on a real note. I miss how open lobbies used to be on games like Halo 3 & Reach. I met a lot of people that way with my group. Sure, lots of little kids using new curse words. But, the pluses outweighed the negatives. Now, you don't hear anyone unless you party up with some strangers. I dunno how a game like Destiny, you don't hear people talking.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I'm playing Halo 1, GoW 1, Halo 2, GoW 2, H3, G3, H4, With Forza Horizon 4 and AssCreed Origins in-between.

HoneyBakedMAN fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 30, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

89 posted:

I'm 31 and have an Xbox One X in my living room and a PS4 Pro in my bedroom. And both consoles are great and serve their own purposes. Suck it, nerds.

I'm playing multiplats on Xbonx, but that's about it. The exclusive lineup is a very sad affair. I really don't see my Bonx serving much of a purpose, I'm not that hot for Forza Horizon 4.

Also, I don't want to talk to randoms online. Text chat and private Discord servers are where it's at.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 30, 2018

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's the same thing you're just artificially closing yourself off from one set of random people to another smaller, never expanding set.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

RBX posted:

It's the same thing you're just artificially closing yourself off from one set of random people to another smaller, never expanding set.

Yeah, no. I don't miss all the random racism and misogyny. Or the kids being called by their mom, or loud music in the background. Or the people just making obnoxious noises.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 30, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I met a rando in R6: Siege and he's like 13 and really chill kid. He's helped up my game and we communicate well. I just have to make sure to not tell him I'm power chiefin' and crushing beers.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
the only chief i am is master chief

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is Master Chef really that good a cook?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I'm looking at buying an xb1 media remote and see that it requires line of sight. My xb1x is behind a glass enclosure. Will that gently caress things up?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Wouldn't the Xbox App cover that?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I'm looking at buying an xb1 media remote and see that it requires line of sight. My xb1x is behind a glass enclosure. Will that gently caress things up?

It does fine through glass. Mine is in a glass-front cabinet.

Beastie posted:

Wouldn't the Xbox App cover that?

Sometimes (most of the time) it's nice to just have a thing with buttons on it you can point at it and push

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

It's just a normal IR remote. So if you have other equipment behind the glass that work fine, this will work fine too.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

TheScott2K posted:

It does fine through glass. Mine is in a glass-front cabinet.

Sometimes (most of the time) it's nice to just have a thing with buttons on it you can point at it and push

Yeah, I'm a creature of habit. I need a remote when watching TV/movies.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BF1 is finally getting an X patch. I had given up hope

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1023946363749289985?s=19

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Good god that was slow as poo poo to sort out. That leaves, if my count is right, 21 multiplats with PS4 Pro patches that don't have an Xbox One X patch.

And of course a BF1 sale JUST ended, they sure know how to time it.

They made it so the full-priced "base game" now includes the Premium Pass, though.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 31, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Cool and all but my friends and I have pretty much moved on from BF1. The game just isn’t that fun. BFV comes out in like 2 months?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

univbee posted:

Good god that was slow as poo poo to sort out. That leaves, if my count is right, 21 multiplats with PS4 Pro patches that don't have an Xbox One X patch.

And of course a BF1 sale JUST ended, they sure know how to time it.

They made it so the full-priced "base game" now includes the Premium Pass, though.

It's in the EA Access Vault though, so there's that at least.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The BF1 X patch is live now, 5.78GB. Xbox BF1 was really, really ugly on a 4k tv so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Sounds like it might be just a resolution upgrade like Siege though, which is disappointing. But that's impressions from people on reddit, so could be completely wrong.

Just one more night before I get out of this airbnb and back to a real tv.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 31, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Siege benefited greatly from the resolution bump, and was already running 60fps for multiplayer. The enhancement will be enough to pry my friends away from PUBG for two or three days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Battlefield series is bad.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

Wrong. Actually, it's good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BF1 is pretty stale. The vehicles and weapons are terrible, and there is no synergy between the classes. It was fun for the first few months of release but all my friends have stopped playing it.

BFV: WWII looks to remedy a fair amount and I really want to get into a beta.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lambert posted:

Wrong. Actually, it's good.

Play Titanfall 2 instead.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

bad company 2 was the best multiplayer fps game of the last generation. though since then, yeah it's been bad.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

bad company 2 was the best multiplayer fps game of the last generation. though since then, yeah it's been bad.

Durendal disagrees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1m1lflkhxU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

Cool and all but my friends and I have pretty much moved on from BF1. The game just isn’t that fun. BFV comes out in like 2 months?

Im thankful DICE finally broke my Battlefield habit with the boring suckfest that was BF1. I have so much more time now. I'll give BFV a try though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

BF1 is pretty stale. The vehicles and weapons are terrible, and there is no synergy between the classes. It was fun for the first few months of release but all my friends have stopped playing it.

BFV: WWII looks to remedy a fair amount and I really want to get into a beta.

BF1 was really boring to me after like a week and I usually play those games for 6 months to a year. Probably didn't help that I got on board late and rarely had people to play with. It was the most utterly miserable BF game to play solo. Felt like such a step down from BF4 in overall fun factor despite the cool setting.

At least the campaign was pretty good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Im thankful DICE finally broke my Battlefield habit with the boring suckfest that was BF1. I have so much more time now. I'll give BFV a try though.

Yes that would be cool.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RIP 65" 4k tv. :( Someone (probably in-laws) squeezed the screen at the base during my move. The glass is shattered and it caused a bunch of coloured vertical lines to cover the picture. :( The resolution gods giveth and the resolution gods taketh away.

One last photo from better times, dedicated to veni veni veni.

I'm moving across the world in less than six months and insurance won't cover it so there's no point in having it repaired. :smith:

*Insert slow motion black and white montage of me going to the downtown Best Buy on Black Friday and beaming with joy as I find the very last discounted ks8000 left, then taking it home in the SUV I rented just to have the space.*

:rip: buddy, 2017-2018.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Put a 4k in it

Its done

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

From what I remember, panels aren't really even a repairable thing. My understanding was always that if something happened to a modern screen in terms of physical damage you were effectively just buying a new one at that point.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Put a 4k in it

Its done

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Put a Trinitron in it

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

From what I remember, panels aren't really even a repairable thing. My understanding was always that if something happened to a modern screen in terms of physical damage you were effectively just buying a new one at that point.

That's what I'm reading too. Also it was a 2016 model not 2017, I hosed up, so at this point might as well get one of those purty new ones with weird Aussie voltage and sad face plugs. Only once I have settled though... gently caress moving

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat dude, that sucks. Goondolances

I give you permission to buy a brand new one so I can hassle you about posting it online :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That's what I'm reading too. Also it was a 2016 model not 2017, I hosed up, so at this point might as well get one of those purty new ones with weird Aussie voltage and sad face plugs. Only once I have settled though... gently caress moving

Wait, are you moving to Australia? Cause all of their stuff is hosed and stupid expensive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said come in! posted:

Wait, are you moving to Australia? Cause all of their stuff is hosed and stupid expensive.

Vancouver is more hosed and stupid expensive with like 25% lower wages, no economy and a crashing housing market, 2008 style - which was the only economy.

I can move to a city with actual culture and nice people and good, high paying jobs and beaches and architecture and no winter and get paid $10 more per hour for the same poo poo. Aussies "whinge" like no other but they've got it drat good, except for internet speeds, and as long as you're white of course.

And before the token Aussie says I'm wrong and it's a hell hole, I lived in Sydney for four years before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The food and entertainment scene in Melbourne is actually pretty great. It was actually impossible to find bad coffee in my short time in Australia.