Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
yeah but you get a sick tail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ginette Reno posted:

The leveling faster is a nice perk though that I think sometimes gets overlooked. Iksars are gonna level 20% slower which is a lot. Now granted, maybe that balances out a little bit since regen gives them less down time than a non Iksar. But I imagine the Human even with that disadvantage still hits 60 faster assuming both leveled in the same conditions.

That regen makes a huge difference at higher levels and will significantly reduce downtime. Also the exp penalty means nothing once you hit 60.

That said, play what you want and have fun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I've never hit 60 though, not even close

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's funny how verant gave the hybrids an xp penalty when one of them is the worst class in the game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's funny how verant gave the hybrids an xp penalty when one of them is the worst class in the game.

I'm level 41 now shawn

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i just made a monk. human.. PL'd her to 24 with my DRU buddy

she's fun

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Half of EQ's design was a guess.

I love how many ideas you can see they had but didn't follow through on.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

I love the lack of actual quests.....
I besides my epic not much for a bard to do quest wise..

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

KingFisher posted:

What do you mean, there's like a million bard mail quests!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KingFisher posted:

Uh what

Lambent armor?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Don't forget this banger of a quest! https://wiki.project1999.com/Aenia_and_Behroe

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

KingFisher posted:

Coldain faction? work on the ring or the shawl. From what I hear the shawl gives bards mana regen, one of the only ways bards can regen mana. I guess bards cannot get twitches from necros.

CoV faction? get scout tools and head to WW for the scout roll for cool bracers. Kill vilefang in DN for it's chipped tooth and work on making a very nice crown.

Kael faction? well you got to kill dragons for their heads but that quest has some pretty good rewards (get some friends and kill dragons in WW)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm level 41 now shawn

i never got to 10 lmao

Zaphod42 posted:

the best is that they miscoded the human xp bonus so halflings got it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

ahahaha I WONDERED why halflings got an exp bonus :xd: that's the best possible reason

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
I remembered my forums account login, but not my "game" login. Is there any way to recover it or am I SOL? Last time I logged in was probably 2+ years ago.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

1024x768 posted:

I remembered my forums account login, but not my "game" login. Is there any way to recover it or am I SOL? Last time I logged in was probably 2+ years ago.

Yeah I could have sworn I had a 15+ rogue on my account with some decent gear, but its no where to be seen.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

1024x768 posted:

Go to the EQ emulator site, you can get your account stuff from your login there.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Thought id toss it out there that I can now cause triggered trakanon to spawn. If your guild has interest in farming him let me know and we can work out terms. Lout/Loutbank in game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's amazing :allears:

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
Holy poo poo I found the password

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
awesome dude. welcome back

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
It was fun playing this summer for a bit. Some goons have my druid and wizard info to hopefully help with ports and guild invites while I'm stuck in RL for the next however long it is. The druid is bound in FoB so don't be shy about asking for help with your new iksar dudes.

I definitely recommend hopping in the goon discord (listed in the OP) if you're new or haven't tried it before. It's probably the fastest way to get help as newbie and it's a good way to stay in touch with active goons in other guilds.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
:(

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010

KingFisher posted:

Thought id toss it out there that I can now cause triggered trakanon to spawn. If your guild has interest in farming him let me know and we can work out terms. Lout/Loutbank in game.

Hey buddy, its Slopster. Had no idea you were a goon haha.

My enchanter buddy and I (shaman) are close to 50 and looking for some other people to do some big boy dungeons and grouping with on evenings and weekends. We are in the AU and NZ timezones and would love to get a regular group happening. Hit me up in game at Slopster

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

1024x768 posted:

Holy poo poo I found the password

Level up a little (I'm only 23.5) and let's form an enchanter duo that charms poo poo and fucks everybody up :unsmigghh:

Someone could make a cleric and be our third if they want...

Fyodorovich
Dec 12, 2004

MASSACRE, at Lyons, i. 336; caused by jealousy, iii. 260

dromal phrenia posted:

Level up a little (I'm only 23.5) and let's form an enchanter duo that charms poo poo and fucks everybody up :unsmigghh:

Someone could make a cleric and be our third if they want...

I have a 24 cleric, Slobad, parked in MM right now :whatup:

I’ll probably be on a bit this coming weekend.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Anyone still on red?

If you've thrown in the towel sell me your poo poo, I have 25k burning a hole in my pocket.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

That's amazing :allears:

i still think hell levels are the weirdest quirk of the game. i didn't realize until fairly recently why it happened and it was dumb how they calculated exp for the level groups it started occuring on - it wouldn't have been that difficult to give it a smooth curve.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Yeah the devs seriously just did whatever and the players just rolled with it. I mean, this was EQ: lack of information, internal inconsistencies, bad coding... were all just additional challenges to overcome in an already harsh setting.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
And not that this applies to the hell level thing, but remember that EQ devs used PnP RPGs and MUDs as their design bibles, so the whole "quests that reveal lore but have no real reward" and the stupid harsh death penalties by contemporary standards actually make a lot of sense. I mean, they were considering resurrection to require dragging your corpse to a cleric guild for a while because it was a more faithful to someone's D&D campaign.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

aparmenideanmonad posted:

And not that this applies to the hell level thing, but remember that EQ devs used PnP RPGs and MUDs as their design bibles, so the whole "quests that reveal lore but have no real reward" and the stupid harsh death penalties by contemporary standards actually make a lot of sense. I mean, they were considering resurrection to require dragging your corpse to a cleric guild for a while because it was a more faithful to someone's D&D campaign.

It's funny how the hard parts of the game are the most memorable. There's Kunark dungeons three zones away from the nearest melee bind point, even just getting to Kunark having to cross the Dreadlands...I never got high enough level to not live in fear of getting murdered in a strange zone and having to orchestrate a corpse retrieval.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's funny how the hard parts of the game are the most memorable. There's Kunark dungeons three zones away from the nearest melee bind point, even just getting to Kunark having to cross the Dreadlands...I never got high enough level to not live in fear of getting murdered in a strange zone and having to orchestrate a corpse retrieval.

That's why you play a caster and bind yourself to the dungeon entrance every time

Melee is awful

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's too bad i only like playing melee characters in games and specifically paladins in fantasy games.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So there aren't any MMOs to play at all, and I hopped back on this. I'm a level 26 Shaman in Highpass Hold but it turns out there's nothing there for me....I have pretty good poo poo, a poison wind censer and a fungus scale tunic so I can actually contribute when I smack things in groups.

Where should I go what do I do to get to 30, preferably in a group w/people

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Frog Act posted:

So there aren't any MMOs to play at all, and I hopped back on this. I'm a level 26 Shaman in Highpass Hold but it turns out there's nothing there for me....I have pretty good poo poo, a poison wind censer and a fungus scale tunic so I can actually contribute when I smack things in groups.

Where should I go what do I do to get to 30, preferably in a group w/people

Highhold Keep is right next door. The basement goblin group could take you all the way to 35, easily.

Other options include Unrest or UGuk maybe. You might need to bring your own group to the latter.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hot spots are Unrest, MM and HHK at that level. I haven't had much luck getting a group in HHK and it sucks to go there and leave from there, whereas MM and Unrest are right next to each other and near port spots.

UGuk and SolA both have great ZEMs but aren't nearly as popular... you could hit up goons to come join you though.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Haha word, I'm actually in HHK. I ran there a month ago hoping to get some leveling going and I've popped on infrequently since and there haven't been any parties there. At best, like, 1-2 other players around the zone. Estate of Unrest is the place I think I remember doing my teens, back near Qeynos (?), do the high 20s involve going inside basically?

I'll just wander around Karana until I find a port somewhere else, I suppose. I was stuck in the big lake place with all the wandering skeletons and sabretooth tigers also wishing I could find a party for ages

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Unrest is in Faydwer, port to butcherblock-> dagnors lovely cauldron -> estate of unrest.

Yeah 20's through 30-odd is inside the house. Starting with first floor, then second floor, then basement.

Mistmoore starts a little higher than the Unrest yard trash, and goes Lake, graveyard, castle entrance, courtyard... not sure what comes after courtyard. It's located off of LFay, so you'd go GFay->LFay->Mistmoore or Steamfont->Lfay->Mistmoore. BB and GFay share a border.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hello fellow insane friends!

I just started playing this weekend and I first started a Druid was is ok?

I did some reading and decided to give the Bard class a try which seems to be going better? gently caress if I know.

Sooooooooo I know people create macros for their songs and poo poo but does anyone have a good resource for learning to play the bard? Like I understand the need for macros and stuff but I'm just trying to figure out how to use them the best. I'm only level 8 right now but I am going to assume poo poo gets a lot more complicated.

the P99 wiki is ok but does anyone have anything better? Maybe some Youtoob videos or whatever?

Thank you for your support in my time of need.

Sooo I guess I missed this?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Thrasos'_Bard_Guide

Gonna read that now but any extra information would be great!

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

Unrest is in Faydwer, port to butcherblock-> dagnors lovely cauldron -> estate of unrest.

Yeah 20's through 30-odd is inside the house. Starting with first floor, then second floor, then basement.

Mistmoore starts a little higher than the Unrest yard trash, and goes Lake, graveyard, castle entrance, courtyard... not sure what comes after courtyard. It's located off of LFay, so you'd go GFay->LFay->Mistmoore or Steamfont->Lfay->Mistmoore. BB and GFay share a border.

I've been sitting in CB as a lvl 9 enchanter with 5 other enchanters LFG. Regretting my choice to level one :(